corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Finding out who owns a house?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Finding out who owns a house?
mattk

User status: Offline
23rd Sep 13 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My BTL is getting a few damp spots on the party wall from next door. we had a full DPC done and all was well. Till last week. next door has been vacant now for 4 months. The previous tenant left due to damp issues that the landlord would not resolve. I can only surmise the damp house left unheated for 4 months is creating damp that's penetrating through to ours. I heard that the landlord is a rich bloke that lives in York ~90 miles away, he left 4 months ago and its not been re advertised since. can see through the letterbox that the post is just pilling and pilling up so no one has been in. not only this but there are bin bags in the back yard that's attracting rats.

Im looking to track the fucker because I don't want this damp to get any worse, and I know under the party wall act he has responsibilities.

Im gonna start later by having a root through the bin to see if I can get the previous tenants name. Used to chat to him a lot but never got his name. There is a TO LET sign in the back yard too from when the previous lad moved in, so Il give them a shout see if they can help me, doubt it like but worth a call.

If I get hold of him Im going to make him an offer too
Gary
Premium Member

23rd Sep 13 at 09:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Land registry check?
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

23rd Sep 13 at 09:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Defo worth a call to the agents.
RichR
Premium Member

23rd Sep 13 at 09:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where do you stand with damp coming in from another property? I ask, as I'm in the same predicament; the roof of the next house has a slight leak which is tracking through and showing on the wall in our flat; our roof is sound and the leak is obvious but the landlord next door is being an arse to get hold of and denying any involvement.
spencer88

23rd Sep 13 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As Gary says, Land Registry will show who is the registered owner.
Costs about £3 I think.

RichR
Premium Member

23rd Sep 13 at 09:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Short of suing the owner, what other measures are there to make them fix a problem with their own property?
spencer88

23rd Sep 13 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Constantly harassing them.

Guessing they let it out?
if so, report to the local council and health officer.
AndyKent

23rd Sep 13 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What spencer said, not a lot you can do other than either being a pain or spending a shit load of money suing.
mattk

23rd Sep 13 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The party wall act exists, but im not sure on the legalities or obligations of it
spencer88

24th Sep 13 at 06:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
The party wall act exists, but im not sure on the legalities or obligations of it

Generally only for work to a party wall, not rectifying a problem in other areas.
Marc

24th Sep 13 at 07:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just found out the one next to me has been empty for 6 years!

New Poll