corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Would you swap your phone for a tablet that could make phone calls?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Would you swap your phone for a tablet that could make phone calls?
pow
Premium Member

User status: Offline
4th Sep 13 at 20:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I throw this question out there as I'm thinking about doing it...

I've got a Galaxy Note and while it's a BRILLIANT phone, I find myself using a tablet (iPad) far more. I've got a iPad 3 that tbh is a bit too big for carrying around with you as the screen is just a little too small to use as a tablet. If I go back to using my Desire S I find myself using it as an actual phone and doing things the iPad can't do very very little.

I was thinking that if I could send texts and have my mobile internet on the tablet and it be the 7" form factor it would be pretty damn good. The only time I ever make phone calls is when I'm in the car (BT headset) really, for the odd call I take at other times I could get a bluetooth headset or one of those funky small phone thingys that hooks in via bluetooth.

I know the obvious massive drawback would be the holding a tablet to your ear but apart from that I don't see any issues really...

Any thoughts?
Bart

4th Sep 13 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it sounds like an instant fail imo
pow
Premium Member

4th Sep 13 at 20:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why though?
Cavey

4th Sep 13 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends on situation really. If you've got a Bluetooth headset it'd save you looking too much of a cunt holding a slab to your ear.

If you wanna give it a go. Then go for it, keep the phone though for when you want to go back for it though!
pow
Premium Member

4th Sep 13 at 20:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd probably get one of these to go on my desk at work/when I use the phone at home:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bluetooth-3-0-Handset-Wireless-Loudspeaker-Cell-Phone-For-iPod-Samsung-Galaxy-S4-/141031190542?pt=UK_Mobile_Home_Phones_Bluetooth_Acc_ET&hash=item20d61d300e
Aaron

4th Sep 13 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH
pow
Premium Member

4th Sep 13 at 21:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'M ON THE TRAIN

New Poll