corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa B MFD

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B MFD
MightyNexx

User status: Offline
20th Aug 13 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive had the usual problem when my cd player comes on the date dissapears, cant find any info on it, does anyone know anyway around this ?? Also since I fitted LED's the whole thing goes off when I put sidelights on but flashes on and back off everyso often, ive checked the wires and connection etc and change the bulbs but the problem is still there, any info would be appreciated, cheers
Dom

20th Aug 13 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Disconnect the blue remote cable from your harness; that'll sort the MFD date issue.

By 'fitted LEDs', do you mean you replaced the MFD bulbs with LED's?
I would first test the LED's (either test them somewhere else in the console or use a bench power supply) to rule out they aren't faulty. And then temporarily stick the bulbs back just to make sure the MFD is faulty.

Which LED's did you use for bulb replacements?
MightyNexx

20th Aug 13 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Remove the blue cable from the harness for the mfd or for the headunit ?? if I remove the remote does that not mean my amp will be powered constant ??
And yes sorry, I replaced the bulbs with LEDs, t5 twist fit I think they were, the same ones I have fitted behind the speedo etc, they work fine as Ive had them in a previous car and also the speedo, I'll try putting the standard bulbs back in to see if it does the same but I have changed the MFD over from another corsa and its still the same, I know that the MFD used to dim slightly when the sidelights were switched on ?? Thanks for the reply
corsa-torque

20th Aug 13 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To get date and time etc with a aftermarket stereo, cut the red/grey wire to the mfd. it's that simple.

The flashing led prob could be down to the actual MFD, had this with the GF's B, changed the mfd with the same LEDs and worked fine
andy_mk3

20th Aug 13 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are your dash lights turned right up? I've had issues with that before.
Generation

20th Aug 13 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah. It's red/grey wire not blue
MightyNexx

21st Aug 13 at 02:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the replies, I cut the other blue wire (not the one that the amp remote is wired to) and the date is now there all the time so thanks for that The dash lights are right up but it doesnt make any difference as its LEDs ?? is there a wire that runs into the mfd that controls the dim as I think that could be the problem, Ive changed the mfd previously and changed the LEDs, so must be to do with the illumations and how the LEDs cant dim ?? or am I on the wrong track, Thanks again guys, much appreciated.
MightyNexx

22nd Aug 13 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Found out that the grey and green wire going into the MFD was th dimmer control and ive cut that so now everything seems to be working fine, Thanks again
Dom

9th Sep 13 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
Yeah. It's red/grey wire not blue

Red/Grey wire is on the MFD harness, cutting that makes it more of a permanent solution. Usually the remote wire (which is what feeds the red/grey 'trigger' wire for the MDF) on your headunit's harness will use bullet connectors (if not, then it's straight forward to add a M/F bullet pair to the headunits harness), so it's easier to just disconnect it there which makes it an easy fix if you need to restore it all back to factory.

MightyNexx - Glad you've managed to sort it!

[Edited on 09-09-2013 by Dom]

New Poll