corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » S4 people

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author S4 people
Nath

User status: Offline
9th Aug 13 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any good?

EE offered me an early upgrade to an S4. Was probably going to go back to an iPhone, but I'm impatient and quite tempted by this offer. Contract runs out in December.
Gary
Premium Member

9th Aug 13 at 16:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Worth giving a try, I like mine but with any phone there are things that are annoying.

I like the freedom you have over apple
Nath

9th Aug 13 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a nexus right now so no problem continuing with android.
John

9th Aug 13 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is also an s4 with vanilla android. Although it won't be that one they give you, should be easy to stick it on and its always better being official than off a forum.
Steve
Premium Member

9th Aug 13 at 17:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Easily take it over the apple
dava.

9th Aug 13 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i like mine, freedom from itunes and easy of putting stuff on and off it so much better , down side is memory space, only get 16gb and left with 9 or so after os is on it, can get sd card and new update can move apps over to that but its not the full app,
i think if you root it you can do this though
Gary
Premium Member

9th Aug 13 at 21:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get your music up to Google play, saves loads of space
fred7

10th Aug 13 at 08:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got my wife 1 she hated her iphone 5. Went to dial a phone tho £23 a month vodafone upgrades was terrible
Munchie

11th Aug 13 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have just got one with the smart cover thing. Its brilliant! Going to buy another case though so putting this one up for sale
Nath

16th Aug 13 at 07:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Munchie
I have just got one with the smart cover thing. Its brilliant! Going to buy another case though so putting this one up for sale

Smart cover being half a phone case and half a cover? Got my S4 yesterday and when offered a case I said no as I didn't want to make a big phone even bigger. He then mentioned the half/half cases. Ideal.

16th Aug 13 at 07:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had one was impressed but ended up swapping it for the HTC one and was happy with that decision but its each to there own with phones i think
Nath

16th Aug 13 at 07:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

HTC One looks good. Just wan't available for me as an early upgrade. I could've waited 4 months til my actual upgrade date, but figured an early upgrade was pretty good.
dan_m1les

16th Aug 13 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Be careful with the 'early upgrade'. If you are on an 18 month contract and they ugrade you 3 months early they just put 3 months onto the back end of your contract.

Thus giving you a 21 month contract.
Munchie

16th Aug 13 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:

Smart cover being half a phone case and half a cover? Got my S4 yesterday and when offered a case I said no as I didn't want to make a big phone even bigger. He then mentioned the half/half cases. Ideal.

Yeh, its really expensive apparently.....£45! http://www.expansys.com/samsung-s-view-cover-for-galaxy-s4-mini-black-250822/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=base&ito=1701&mkwid=svHjLhmZB&kword=adwords_productfeed&gclid=COaUqIbvgbkCFdHMtAodwjAAGQ

Brilliant phone, have you seen it when you hover your finger over the text messages and it pops up? Lovely
Nath

16th Aug 13 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dan_m1les
Be careful with the 'early upgrade'. If you are on an 18 month contract and they ugrade you 3 months early they just put 3 months onto the back end of your contract.

Thus giving you a 21 month contract.

Not for me. 24 months starts again now, meaning the last 4 from my old contract has been written off.
Nath

16th Aug 13 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:

Yeh, its really expensive apparently.....£45! http://www.expansys.com/samsung-s-view-cover-for-galaxy-s4-mini-black-250822/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=base&ito=1701&mkwid=svHjLhmZB&kword=adwords_productfeed&gclid=COaUqIbvgbkCFdHMtAodwjAAGQ

Brilliant phone, have you seen it when you hover your finger over the text messages and it pops up? Lovely

Ah mine's not rhe viewer case. Just a normal half/half. Protects the screen nicely though and isn't bulky.

Yeah loving the air features. Especially the autoscroll when your eyes get to the bottom of the page.
Gary
Premium Member

16th Aug 13 at 12:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Smart pause, smart scroll, smart stay air gesture are all bollocks. Waste of dev time imo
Nath

16th Aug 13 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Meh, they are what they are. Gimmicky features. Cool ones at that. I doubt dev's lost sleep over it.
Toby
Premium Member

18th Aug 13 at 17:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You don't like it, just sell it in Oct and put the difference towards new iPhone.
Dom

18th Aug 13 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Toby
You don't like it, just sell it in Oct and put the difference towards new iPhone.

Why would Nath want to downgrade his phone?
Nath

19th Aug 13 at 08:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm confused. Are you saying I don't like it?
A2H GO

19th Aug 13 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does that not go without saying?
Nath

19th Aug 13 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No it's not Apple m8.
mwg

19th Aug 13 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That smart cover looks good. Look forward to the iCover being released for my phone
A2H GO

19th Aug 13 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it not just an overpriced one of these (which is also overpriced)?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vivid-Color-LCD-View-Mirror-Window-Flip-Cover-Case-For-Apple-iPhone-5-/111112111539?pt=US_Cell_Phone_PDA_Cases&var=&hash=item19decc45b3#ht_6756wt_1170

[Edited on 19-08-2013 by A2H GO]

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll