corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bord already :(

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bord already :(
Pete_gsi

User status: Offline
8th Aug 13 at 23:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally got my corsa gsi how i want it after lots of time and money and now am bord of her
I think she just to small.

What do i do?

Astra mk4 soft top
Or frontera. never had one an lets face it the wether only going to get shit soon so would be good for winter

[Edited on 09-08-2013 by Pete_gsi]
craig55

8th Aug 13 at 23:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What car
kevinturna

9th Aug 13 at 03:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or give it to Kevin for his Saab?
f.p.e

9th Aug 13 at 06:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Soft tops worth feck all, frontera's heavy on juice and feels like you going to roll it going round bends. Ive got the 2.2 RS(i shit you not lol) swb fronty and it drink fuel, 4wd isnt amazing so id probably rule that out.
SXIBrad

9th Aug 13 at 07:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get an astra, but not a convertible
Ste
Premium Member

9th Aug 13 at 08:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by f.p.e
Soft tops worth feck all, frontera's heavy on juice and feels like you going to roll it going round bends. Ive got the 2.2 RS(i shit you not lol) swb fronty and it drink fuel, 4wd isnt amazing so id probably rule that out.

Still, It's the only car to make it to the top of mount snowden in the last 50 odd years!

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
chris_uk
Premium Member

9th Aug 13 at 09:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bored....
Lee_fr200

9th Aug 13 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

My mum had a lwb frontera with all the running boards and grills over lights, it was actually a rly good car and felt safe it was the 2.3tdi they had a winch and did off roading regular and I'd say it did very well off road considering what they were doing
flybikeslee

9th Aug 13 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

am4nf

9th Aug 13 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id have a swb frontera
chrex

9th Aug 13 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why not take it out for a decent drive in some stunning scenery with mates, get some good pics and let it put a smile on your face?

Have you built it to handle good - or look good? Whichever one, do something along those lines to make you stand back and go - "yea...this car is quality". Either a drive on some awesome roads early one Sunday or maybe get to a show/meet if its a looker.

I had an engine crane in the back of my corsa - its still one of the most spacious cars i've had to date if im honest.

Astras are boring to be honest...wouldnt bother if you've spent loads on your corsa.
bignev

9th Aug 13 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Keep the gsi u will regret it, i went through the same with my gsi got it looking great running great ect got a little bored one day and sold it, bought myself a 1.8 sri c but still regret getting rid of the gsi
sc0ott

9th Aug 13 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had the 1L 12v as my first car and got bored, so i know how you feel.
SXIBrad

9th Aug 13 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What to do if your bored flow chart

Does your Corsa have a let in it? ----- No ----> Put a let in it
..................|
..................|
................Yes
..................|
..................|
..................V
.......Get a bigger engine
Pete_gsi

9th Aug 13 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SXIBrad
What to do if your bored flow chart

Does your Corsa have a let in it? ----- No ----> Put a let in it
..................|
..................|
................Yes
..................|
..................|
..................V
.......Get a bigger engine

Haha love it!
Pete_gsi

9th Aug 13 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The problem i have is am 6'7 and have a bar in my leg from a motorbike years ago. And the corsa seating is just to close for me.

Had mk4 astras before but never a soft top

And the frontera well always wanted to do a bit of off roading.

And on the plus side when making cars go fast it always costs money and things brake, go rong an then its more money!
If i got somthink like this i wouldnt be messing around with it

[Edited on 09-08-2013 by Pete_gsi]
Pete_gsi

9th Aug 13 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

2.2 rs is what i bin looking at.
What you think you geting to the gallon?
Pete_gsi

9th Aug 13 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrex
Why not take it out for a decent drive in some stunning scenery with mates, get some good pics and let it put a smile on your face?

Have you built it to handle good - or look good? Whichever one, do something along those lines to make you stand back and go - "yea...this car is quality". Either a drive on some awesome roads early one Sunday or maybe get to a show/meet if its a looker.

I had an engine crane in the back of my corsa - its still one of the most spacious cars i've had to date if im honest.

Astras are boring to be honest...wouldnt bother if you've spent loads on your corsa.

I no what you mean bud but its just still a 19y old car and cant get away from that. I not lowered it yet as i waiting to make my mind up before i spend any more money. I just took my time on sily things like major service, belts, bushs, brakes, berings, wiring, just tryed to get her as she should be. And she still feels old lol
chrex

9th Aug 13 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

old is where its at bud. new cars have no character to them. I spent 10 months building my old gsi and it was epic fun. Get a decent suspension kit on it with good wheels and tyres, and you'll realise how much fun it is. you know the basics are in good nick - now get money into making it chuckable and i guarantee you will keep it.

You dont need a bigger engine to have a laugh in these cars, the 1.6 is a good motor...and if you get a decent setup on it - i had Bilstein B8's - they are great lil cars!

You have a new focus now too - you can start doing the performance mods rather than the maintenance...so thats the fun bit!
Pete_gsi

9th Aug 13 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh i already fitted inlet de cat and exhaust so she should be good for 130/135bhp now so not slow. In fact she keeps up with a frends 2.0 eco corsa.
I think am just getting old haha and wanting diffrent kind of fun in a car. I miss my vecy gsi no rattails an moved when you stamped on it still.

craig55

9th Aug 13 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know where your coming from im bored of my gsi adter my xe corsa the 1.6 doesnt quite feel nippy
chrex

9th Aug 13 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye, but you would hand the vectra its arse on a B-road Not all about power figures, the geometry angles and weight matter just as much!

I defo think you should get some decent suspension, a set of good 15's and good tyres - it will transform how the car feels and once you start chucking it about - winner!

An Astra or definitely a Frontera wont feel anywhere near as good imo...and you will regret it. I still miss my GSi 3-4 years on tbh.

[Edited on 09-08-2013 by chrex]
Pete_gsi

9th Aug 13 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol you defo making me think about this before i do anythink sily haha.

AndyCorsaSport

9th Aug 13 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stop calling it a she like some bell end car pervert.
Generation

9th Aug 13 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyCorsaSport
Stop calling it a she like some bell end car pervert.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bord already :( 23 database queries in 0.0927980 seconds