corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Samsung sh*te3

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Samsung sh*te3
Matt L

User status: Offline
2nd Jul 13 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how in gods name when your using the standard browser do you go to the home page if you were on a different website?

honestly hate Samsung and after attempting to use mums phone as it is constantly fucking up, got to be the worst phone I have ever used.
noshua

2nd Jul 13 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

close tab
open new tab
take rest of the day off for the hard work you've just done
Matt L

2nd Jul 13 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why not put a friggin option to go to home page on the menu or tool bar like everyone else?
Gary
Premium Member

3rd Jul 13 at 07:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just use chrome. Job done.
A2H GO

3rd Jul 13 at 07:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matt L
how in gods name when your using the standard browser do you go to the home page if you were on a different website?

honestly hate Samsung and after attempting to use mums phone as it is constantly fucking up, got to be the worst phone I have ever used.

Nah mate, best phone ever, just change the operating system.
Nath

3rd Jul 13 at 07:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
quote:

You mean browser?
Balling
Premium Member

3rd Jul 13 at 08:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here we go...

Gary
Premium Member

3rd Jul 13 at 08:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd like to bite but i think i'll give this one a miss.
A2H GO

3rd Jul 13 at 08:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

payback for all the Apple threads that get trolled.
3CorsaMeal

3rd Jul 13 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think mine has chrome on it
Matt L

3rd Jul 13 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's my mum's phone so not bothering changing the browser, just annoying as hell as more often than not she will open it and it will be a blank page and mum not being technically minded wouldnt think to close a tab and open a new one just so the homepage google shows up.

Phone has so many problems its untrue
noshua

3rd Jul 13 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's Touchwiz, proper shite
Dom

3rd Jul 13 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
quote:

Shame you can't do that on a iPhone; it'd be a decent phone then

[Edited on 03-07-2013 by Dom]
JordyCarter

8th Jul 13 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
It's my mum's phone so not bothering changing the browser, just annoying as hell as more often than not she will open it and it will be a blank page and mum not being technically minded wouldnt think to close a tab and open a new one just so the homepage google shows up.

Phone has so many problems its untrue

This is a 'problem'? Ive had my s3 since before christmas and have no complaints. My mum has a shitty old samsung too and cant use that. Maybe the problem is your mom
Matt L

8th Jul 13 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not denying my mum isn't an issue when it comes to the phone but even still the phone is god awful
Steve
Premium Member

8th Jul 13 at 21:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can understand people having individual preferences towards different os's but the phone is in no way god awful compared to any other phone out there on the market today, so you must have secret access to phone technology 10 years from now.
Matt L

9th Jul 13 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
I can understand people having individual preferences towards different os's but the phone is in no way god awful compared to any other phone out there on the market today, so you must have secret access to phone technology 10 years from now.

[imo]
Yeah it is more personal preference in the fact that the menus dont have half the options in they should (imo) getting to be on the same level of annoyance as apple in terms of making a simple job harder to do (take for example not having a home button on the toolbar/menu list).
[/imo]

other than that the phone is generally shit imo because of the following issues,
- it keeps dropping calls (appears to be the same with all the s3's people have at work)
- rarely has reception (nothing to do with providor as we are all on the same one and we will have reception when the s3 doesnt),
- main home screen will more often than not lose all widgets/apps off it so they have to be set up again,
- widgets will fail to update (weather/location) more often than not,
- will fail to automatically connect to wifi in the house,
John

9th Jul 13 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't have a single one of those issues on my S3.

User error.
Brett
Premium Member

9th Jul 13 at 15:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Deffo user error.

Seems like one big 'incapable of using it, therefore it's shite'
JordyCarter

9th Jul 13 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dropped my phone today ironicly and the whole screen has cracked :\
John

9th Jul 13 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just buy a new one with the drug money, sorted.
JordyCarter

9th Jul 13 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah i was laughing when i dropped it. Got quoted £180 to fix it
Matt L

9th Jul 13 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

@ it being user error, please do let me know how the problems I have described are in anyway shape or form user error.

bare in mind, wifi is constantly on (mum wouldn't know how to turn it off), location/data services are always on (again mum wouldn't know how to turn them off).

I fail to see how having to turn the wifi off and then back on again to get it to connect is user error

or how when unlocking it to find all the widgets/apps have disappeared from the home/other screens is user error (unless obviously she removed them all from her screen and then locked it.... silly me how did I not think of that).

again how is the lack of reception user related when other phones on the same network have no issues.

the only problem I could possibly see as even slightly user related is the dropping calls by knocking the end call button whilst on the phone but again this shouldn't be the cause as the proximity sensor cuts the screen off.

my original question is user error regarding the home screen and it is my opinion that it is a stupid design.
A2H GO

9th Jul 13 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Steve

[imo]
Yeah it is more personal preference in the fact that the menus dont have half the options in they should (imo) getting to be on the same level of annoyance as apple in terms of making a simple job harder to do (take for example not having a home button on the toolbar/menu list).
[/imo]

other than that the phone is generally shit imo because of the following issues,
- it keeps dropping calls (appears to be the same with all the s3's people have at work)
- rarely has reception (nothing to do with providor as we are all on the same one and we will have reception when the s3 doesnt),
- main home screen will more often than not lose all widgets/apps off it so they have to be set up again,
- widgets will fail to update (weather/location) more often than not,
- will fail to automatically connect to wifi in the house,

I had some of those issues, most annoying was the terrible reception, especially with the internet constantly dropping out and only getting edge in places I get 3G with every other phone. I read it was something to do with the way android handles switching between the different levels of Internet connectivity (GPRS, edge, H, H+), it would hang for a few seconds when loading web pages when switching between each level. Meant I could get zero work done on the train to work where it's constantly switching, old iPhone was fine and so is the new one. I got the usual user error and dodgy phone replies too.

New Poll