corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » my first car / project ( star silver corsa sport x16xe )

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author my first car / project ( star silver corsa sport x16xe )
JackAndertonx16xe

User status: Offline
1st Jul 13 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi so I've recently bought my first car which is a 1999 silver corsa b sport , I only paid £290 for it and its pretty tidy tbh , its taxed and tested but for a 14 year old car it has got a few scabs and it has 133,000 on the clock but im happy with it , the interior is really clean only a bit of wear on the drivers seat but what do you expect ? it came with a de-badged grill a square aftermarket exhaust (don't no the brand name ) and looks to be lowered like 40mm , I have already drilled and de-restricted the air filter and got a bargain off eBay on a set of mk 3 astra gsi step down fan blade alloys with tyres for £92

little scab on the door which I am getting sorted out soon

I read through the last mot certificate and noticed it had an advisory saying front end rot so obviously I had to check how bad this "rot" was , and it turned out to be quite bad , while im hear though does that just bolt in or will it need cutting out and a new piece welding back in ?

that's it so far for now I will keep you all updated any ideas and help would greatly be appreciated
Jordancorsab
Premium Member

1st Jul 13 at 22:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like a lot of rot in the front mate, you been underneath and check if its any worse? Like rear arches and behind rear bumper? You'll have to grab some pics on the daylight too
JackAndertonx16xe

2nd Jul 13 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer mate the underneath and arches are sound , the only bit of rust apart from the front end is the bottom of the door which I'm getting sorted , and there's a little hole in the spare wheel well as well witch I'm also getting sorted apart from that its a clean little car
Aidan-Fleming

2nd Jul 13 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'f I were you, I'd lift up the carpets in the footwells basically above jacking points. Last 3 of my Corsas were rotten there and my front cross member was no where near that bad.
JackAndertonx16xe

2nd Jul 13 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will do mate , ill take a few pics and show you under the carpets
JackAndertonx16xe

3rd Jul 13 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Little update , I checked under the carpets on both sides and there fine so I'm happy with that forgot to take pics though :/ , I'm also getting the cross member cut out and a new one welded back and the bonnet and door sorted all at the same time should fingers crossed have that done like next week so WILL upload pics of that
JackAndertonx16xe

9th Jul 13 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quick update , I have now cleaned and sprayed up my front crash bar ( if that's what its called ) , also getting a tax rebate in soon so will be getting my front crossmember cut out and a new one welded back in aswell as my drivers door and bonnet getting sprayed , my wheels still haven't arrived yet though
before the clean up

in primer

and then sprayed and put back on the car , that rust doesn't half let it down though

thanks for looking so far
JackAndertonx16xe

9th Jul 13 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

uploaded the wrong picture at the end was meant to be this one
JackAndertonx16xe

22nd Jul 13 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thought id update , so the car is in the body shop getting a new cross member welded in , the rust on the door sorted and painted and the same with the bonnet .

whilst its in there I have bought some goodies for it
I bought a set of 5 mk3 astra gsi fanblades which are in good condition just a little bit of curbing wich ill prob just get reconditioned in the winter , also bought front and back leather seats already modded for a corsa and bought all new brake discs , pads and shoes for it , I have bought a 3" rolled tip sportex back box and centre pipe and new rub strips for the side .

any ideas on how I can get the paint off without damaging the leather ?

should hopefully have the car back on Friday so I will upload some new pics with all the new parts on
Christopher

22nd Jul 13 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Certainly heading in the right direction buddy look forward to update on Friday!
JackAndertonx16xe

22nd Jul 13 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks mate went round the garage before and he said it won't be back till next week now so as soon as I get it back ill jump straight on it and do an update
Vaux-Dan
Premium Member

22nd Jul 13 at 17:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

carnt wait to see the progress in the next update should look sweet on them rims and leather interior
am4nf

22nd Jul 13 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks decent, love stepdowns

sorry to be stereotypical here but have you checked what insurance is gona be like if you havnt got it on the road/ passed your test
JackAndertonx16xe

22nd Jul 13 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks dan
JackAndertonx16xe

22nd Jul 13 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by am4nf
Looks decent, love stepdowns

sorry to be stereotypical here but have you checked what insurance is gona be like if you havnt got it on the road/ passed your test

Thanks and yer I think the step downs will look boss onit , and it's ok gotta take the bad with the good but yer that's the first thing I checked before I bought it , and I'm going on my dads insurance so got it down to £1400 with him onit which I'm happy with.
am4nf

24th Jul 13 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats not too bad then

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » my first car / project ( star silver corsa sport x16xe ) 23 database queries in 0.0127409 seconds