corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » BT Vision

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author BT Vision
MarkM

User status: Offline
   29th Jun 13 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I live facing a golf course which obviously has lots of large trees. The line of site for a sky dish is blocked and I have had a quote of nearly £400 to prune the tree line to enable me to get line of site for a dish. Problem is I'd probably have to have the tree line pruned every couple of years when the trees grow.

I'm looking at BT Vision with the Sky Sports 1 and 2 option. I mainly want sky for sky sports anyway. Does anyone have it? Do you get Sky Sports HD? I know I wont get as many channels as say sky's top package but its probably my only option as VM isn't on the estate as its a new build estate. I'm looking at £73 a month for the TV, fibre optic broadband up to 38M and evenings and weekends fee calls.

I can't really think of any other options really?

[Edited on 29-06-2013 by MarkM]
Andrew

29th Jun 13 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Mum has BT Vision, never appears to have any problems.

I wouldn't want to be paying every year to have the trees cut back to have Sky either.
LeeM

29th Jun 13 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Complain to the council. If that was a private residence and their trees were causing obstructio for any reason they'd have to cut them down. We used to have big fuckers in the back garden that probably ended up higher than the house and then a neighbour 6 houses away complained and we had to get them cut
sloworm

29th Jun 13 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At the moment I pay about £36 for my landline, fibre optic and the basic free view package with a youview box with talktalk. I think I can add sky sports for £30. So would work out slightly cheaper for you? Might be worth exploring?
AndyKent

29th Jun 13 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

73 pounds a month. Fuck me. That's ridiculous!
MarkM

29th Jun 13 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The golf course is private and not council owned. They've said I can cut the trees but I'd have to pay for it myself. I'd cut them myself one night but they are huge and I'd probably kill myself. I'd say they are at least 100 foot high. Easily twice as big as the house.
Jimbothebarbarian

29th Jun 13 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pretty sure if you complain enough they'd have to cut them down at their expense..

Ring and email anyone and everyone about it. Council, MP, Environment agency, etc etc. You'd be amazed what happens if you shout and carry on like an arsehole..
MarkM

29th Jun 13 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They won't budge as it would set a precedent. There's at least 10 houses facing the golf course.
Jimbothebarbarian

29th Jun 13 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You spoke to citizens advice? Unless they're protected trees and they're causing you and others issues I'm pretty sure you could make them sort it out or contribute towards alternative arrangements.

I'm no expert mind but I once had to cut down some trees because an old cunt complained. They whinged to the council about them and I had to cut them or they'd do it and charge me for it.

Was fifteen odd years ago, so unless the rules have changed....
MarkM

29th Jun 13 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm a solicitor mate. They're not subject to a tree preservation order. It's not quite a simple as you make out and there's certainly no right to a line of sight for a sky dish.
Jimbothebarbarian

29th Jun 13 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair enough mate. Shame you can't put the worries on them with much legal bluff and bluster.

No chance of a dish on a pole down the bottom of the garden or similar? Few houses near me have this due to living amongst big ass trees and so on.
MarkM

29th Jun 13 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Funny you should say that about moving the dish to the garden! It's my last shot before I go with BT Vision.
Cavey

30th Jun 13 at 07:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a few houses that I deliver to that have the dish at ground level in their front garden too, and if you're facing a golf course, I'm assuming it's a fairly nice area so shouldnt have to worry about chavs breaking it.

(Although your location is Liverpool )
MarkM

30th Jun 13 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think I can get it on an S pole at the back of the garage which is set back halfway into the garden. I won't even see it from the house then but will need to be clever routing the cables back to the house as the garage is detached from the house.

Front garden is not a goer as its the proximity to be trees that's denying the line of site.
Whittie

1st Jul 13 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pole

New Poll