corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Borderlands 2

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Borderlands 2
Balling
Premium Member

User status: Offline
28th Jun 13 at 09:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quite surprised there isn't a thread about this.

Nobody on here play it?

Been playing it for the last couple of weeks (first on PS3 but since moved to Steam on the laptop) and I'm completely addicted. Fantastic game.

Most entertaining shooter I've played for years. Best played in co-op, but great fun as a single player as well.

Could easily see this surpassing Fallout 3 and Far Cry 3 as the non online multiplayer game I've spent the longest on.

Gary
Premium Member

28th Jun 13 at 09:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Better than Farcry3?

Best have a look at this!
Gary
Premium Member

28th Jun 13 at 09:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dnt seem much to it
Balling
Premium Member

28th Jun 13 at 10:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbh that's a hard comparison. They're very different games, there's just a lot more to this than there is to FC3.

The fact that you can play the game as 4 different classes (6 if you count DLC) and they each can be leveled up in several different directions makes room for a lot of replay value.

chris_uk
Premium Member

28th Jun 13 at 11:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its just a first person point n click esque game. (Diablo etc)

Its alright tbh, playing it through inbetween others. Im having a hard time putting arma2 down atm.
Y869 SRA

28th Jun 13 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have it, just not got round to playing it yet.
Sunz

28th Jun 13 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've spent a good few hours on Borderlands 2, vault hunters mode and DLC.

The first game was great fun and the prequel is just as good in my opinion.

Obviously I feel it's best on the pc and the co-op system is effortless.
And I love how the enemies scale based upon how many players are playing.

I think it's one of the all time greats in the FPS world of recent times.
Gary
Premium Member

28th Jun 13 at 14:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ill have to see if theres a demo on PS store then
Marc

28th Jun 13 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is this as annoying as the first one?

Ie respawning and having to walk ages, vehicle spawning etc. Also found some of the boss characters annoying - Taking a hell of a lot of damage and then reappearing once the mission is complete!

Doesn't come any where close to Fallout 3 for me!
Mattb

29th Jun 13 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im on it.. think I jumped in a few of your games..

Have a level 55 assassin and 46 mechromancer
Mattb

29th Jun 13 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc

Ie respawning and having to walk ages, vehicle spawning etc. Also found some of the boss characters annoying - Taking a hell of a lot of damage and then reappearing once the mission is complete!

Doesn't come any where close to Fallout 3 for me!

The idea behind them respawning, is so you can fight them again and again so they drop legendary weapons....
Balling
Premium Member

4th Jul 13 at 10:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mattb
im on it.. think I jumped in a few of your games..

Have a level 55 assassin and 46 mechromancer
Yeah, played with you on PS3. Didn't know it was possible to join each others singleplayer, so when you suddenly showed up in my game I was a bit WTF!?

After switching to Steam I've made a level 27 Assassin and 15 Commando.

I like how having more characters gives the option of playing several games in parallel.

Balling
Premium Member

4th Jul 13 at 10:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc

There's a few places that takes a while to reach on foot, but it's mostly at the start of the game. Certainly not a bigger issue than any other sandboxer, imo. If you die during a mission the latest checkpoint is usually not far back.

Not sure what you mean about vehicle spawning?

Bosses have been great so far. Very varied and (some) quite challenging. They don't respawn while you're still in their area, but if you leave completely and come back, they will reappear.
Think this is a great feature. There's hardly ever need to go back to a boss area, but the fights are often fun and, as Matt mentioned, can be quite rewarding in terms of loot.

Marc

4th Jul 13 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Having to walk back to one of the markers and press the button for a buggy to appear. Not like you can fast travel back to it. But thats just me.
Mattb

7th Jul 13 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can teleport to your vehicle from any catch a ride station
Marc

20th Jul 13 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Interesting. I thought that just spawned a vehicle at the station?
Balling
Premium Member

30th Jul 13 at 10:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still loving the shit out this game. Can't believe how many hours I've spent so far, and I've not even touched the four DLC stories or completely leveled up a character.

If somebody plays it on PC/Mac (or planning to), let me know and I'll add you on Steam.

chris_uk
Premium Member

30th Jul 13 at 12:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I struggle to play anything else but arma / dayz and iracing atm.. I just cant help but love the true sandbox do anything go anywhere type fameplay arma offers

I was playing arma with some mates last night and we found an enemy tank rolling through the map so we had to blow it up. so we did a couple missions and geared up, got some rocket launchers, satchels and mines.. Worked out where abouts it was likely to go and we sat in differnet places with the 3 main roads we had chosen and created a trap.. Sure enough the tank came rolling through (some 45 mins later after we first saw it) and we managed to blow it up and kill its occupants..

Problem is with a game like this is there is no instructions as to where to go or what to do, you have to decide between yourselves.

The map is some 250km square and if you was to run corner to corner is would take some 1.5 hours just to run it.
Balling
Premium Member

30th Jul 13 at 13:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I guess you either like arcade or realism games.
I'm definitely more fund of the former.

chris_uk
Premium Member

30th Jul 13 at 13:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh i love borderlands, i just prefergames which engage your brain

New Poll