corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Raspberry Pi owners club

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Raspberry Pi owners club
Munchie

User status: Offline
17th Jun 13 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello, who has one? Might of been a thread a while ago but cannot find it.

I have one connected to my amp/TV running XMBC and its superb.....!

I have 4OD, Iplayer plus soundcloud on mine with loads of movies on a hard drive of course.

Anybody have any problems etc at all or good programs to run on it?
Dom

17th Jun 13 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got one running Raspbmc and haven't had any major problems with it. Recently it's developed a random (it might be heat but yet to test that theory) reboot issue that occurs once in a blue moon but i suspect it's because i run nightly-builds.

Navi-X plugin, which is essentially a load of streams for (dodge) TV channels, might be worth looking in to - although i've found some of the streams to be a bit hit or miss in terms of working.
Munchie

17th Jun 13 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I installed that.....it plays something but then when I try to stop it and go onto something else it freezes and i have to physically pull out the power supply!!!!
Conway563

17th Jun 13 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have had one for months
It's sat in a drawer and I've done nothing with it, will get round to using it one day
Rob_Quads

17th Jun 13 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got one with Raspbian installed. Using XRF modules with it to record temperature around the house and report it via a web site. Got an LCD display on it to output temps too. Hoping to get the Camera streaming off it soon
andy_mk3

17th Jun 13 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tempted to get one. Got a full-blown PC downstairs that rarely gets used, and only ever gets used for streaming off my HTPC upstairs.
gazza808

17th Jun 13 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got one running raspbmc and the navi x plug in,

No hassle streaming films etc, used it that much when I moved out I didn't even bother with sky etc

Even take it with me when I'm traveling with work as most hotels have a half decent Internet connection and a tv I can connect it too (Hdmi)

[Edited on 17-06-2013 by gazza808]
Munchie

18th Jun 13 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You got a powered USB hub to it yeh? Can you have it so it powers through the USB and not the supplied power adaptor? As in loop a microusb cable to it through the powered usb hub?
gazza808

18th Jun 13 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Munchie
You got a powered USB hub to it yeh? Can you have it so it powers through the USB and not the supplied power adaptor? As in loop a microusb cable to it through the powered usb hub?

ive tried a couple of powered usb hubs,

none have worked they all seem to back power the Pi causing issues,
i have my blackberry charger with me all the time so just use that.
Munchie

17th Aug 13 at 00:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right having issues with mine.... reinstalled raspbmc with no luck.... the resolution keeps going all weird and turning off. Worked ok previously but now messed up?

Do you think its faulty?

Shame cos I wanted the footy streams
Dom

17th Aug 13 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you tried a different TV/Monitor? Similarly, try using the composite output and see if you get a stable picture via that.

I'd also test Raspbmc with a different SD, too rule out dodgy SD card; try a different PSU and i'd try OpenElec or Raspbian just to make sure it isn't Raspbmc doing something funky.

Also, is it getting hot?
I've notice when we had the hot weather a few weeks back mine starting sticking random green specks on the video output; been fine since i've changed the mounting position on the telly and the weather has got cooler though.

New Poll