corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » will mk4 astra gsi turbo 308mm brakes fit on a corsa b

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author will mk4 astra gsi turbo 308mm brakes fit on a corsa b
lescr

User status: Offline
11th Jun 13 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi All
Hoping some of you guys can help me out. I have started to strip my corsa b sport ready for a c20let conversion and would like to fit the 308 discs and calipers off a gsi astra turbo. I already have the five stud conversion as I am running calibra turbo wheels. Will the brake calipers and carriers fit straight onto my hub carrier or will something have to be modified. I know the calibra 288mm fit straight on not sure about the 308's. Saw what looked like a 308 set up on a members red corsa b reg no L464 bpa which was parked on the club stand at PVS but didnt get chance to speak to owner.
Any help would be appreciated
cheers
Les
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

11th Jun 13 at 19:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no, dont think so. think you need to use different carriers
NathanR

11th Jun 13 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't think it will work , seem to remember Kieran having a set and them not fitting . Might be wrong though!
corsadonk
Premium Member

11th Jun 13 at 19:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can get the 308's from a Vectra to fit, but I'm not sure which carriers you use.
monkeytwizzel

12th Jun 13 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No bud,the astra turbo /zafira are the same and the 308 for a corsa b will be the late 2.6 gsi vectra.
All other vectras will be 288,the carrier to hub bolt spacing is about 70mm on the corsa b,astra mk3,cali/cav and about 90mm on the astra/zafira.
308 will only fit under 16" wheels,just in case!

[Edited on 12-06-2013 by monkeytwizzel]
lescr

12th Jun 13 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok mate thanks for the info I will keep a look out for some late 2.6 gsi vectra brakes.
Olsrey

13th Jun 13 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can get 308mm brakes off some Saabs too. Much easier to find in scrapyards. Not sure on the exact model though.
monkeytwizzel

13th Jun 13 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Saab aero,that`s what i have on my zafira.Saab aero 308mm discs and astra gsi carriers with the calipers that came with the standard 288mm discs.
lescr

14th Jun 13 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been told the set up off a 1998-2002 saab aero will fit. models after that year have a wider hole pitch same as astra gsi turbo ones
monkeytwizzel

16th Jun 13 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would have thought most saab/vaux are the same pitch,mate of mine has got my 2000 zaf wheels on his 2005 saab 95.
lescr

19th Jun 13 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by monkeytwizzel
I would have thought most saab/vaux are the same pitch,mate of mine has got my 2000 zaf wheels on his 2005 saab 95.

The wheel pcd is probably the same but I was told that the two brake caliper to hub carrier mounting holes where wider on the later models similar to the difference between a corsa b and a corsa d

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » will mk4 astra gsi turbo 308mm brakes fit on a corsa b 22 database queries in 0.0122411 seconds