corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Gran Turismo 6: Xmas 2013

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Gran Turismo 6: Xmas 2013
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
16th May 13 at 13:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Track car sat on drive or computer game. Decisions

Public places or bedroom in mummy and daddys house.

Do you want to fight me
Nath

16th May 13 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Track car sat on drive or computer game. Decisions

Public places or bedroom in mummy and daddys house.

Do you want to fight me

I'm not sure. I think I might do.
Russ

19th May 13 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Silverstone. World first that.
Daveskater
Premium Member

21st May 13 at 12:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As Russ said, at least they've got Silverstone in there now. It's a track that definitely should have been included in 5, if not versions before that as well.

I know I'll buy it when it comes out, but I'm not as excited as I was for 5. Probably because before 5 there was no PS3 version.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
nathy_87

21st May 13 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Excited to see the car list.
Steve
Premium Member

21st May 13 at 16:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Strange thing to be excited about a list of cars
Nath

21st May 13 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Excited to see the handling and physics.
p

22nd May 13 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So this game is potentially coming out the same time as when everyone will be rushing to buy a PS4? With this game not being able to be played on the PS4?
eckers90

22nd May 13 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also guys played grid 2 at gadget show, so awful considering how good the first one was!
Tiger

27th May 13 at 07:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Gran Turismo 6 Release Date
Polyphony confirmed that Gran Turismo 6 will launch on the current PS3 console later this year, with only a loose “holiday 2013” GT6 release date given at this stage.

“We’re pleased to deliver GT6 to PlayStation 3 as we have a very loyal community on that platform,” said Yamauchi. “However, we have refactored the game to make it very flexible and expandable, with a view to making many future developments.”

Yamauchi’s comments could suggest that GT6 will ship for PS4 as well as the current generation Sony console, but Polyphony haven’t confirmed that yet.

A Gran Turismo 6 PS4 release was teased by online retailers at the beginning of May, just days before the official unveiling. Nordic retailer CDON listed the PS4 title online, but failed to offer a precise release date.

Many have questioned the validity of this listing, but with a “holidays 2013” release date offered by Polyphony for the game, it can’t be just coincidence that that’s the same date given by Sony for the PS4.

chris_uk
Premium Member

3rd Jun 13 at 07:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for those who dont follow GTplanet.

Gran Turismo 6 Extended Trailer at 1080p, 60fps
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlaBkpi7vCI&feature=player_embedded

-----------------------------------------------------

Gran Turismo 6 Gameplay Video at Autumn Ring

GT6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HHK2LxlNS0&feature=player_embedded

GT5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_bsHOE75aY

-----------------------------------------------------

Gran Turismo 6: More Hands-On Driving Impressions

wo GTPlanet members, Synwraith (Maz) and GTP_Ingram (Alex), were involved in the setup and organization of the recent “15 Years of Gran Turismo” event at Silverstone, where Gran Turismo 6 was revealed.

Both Maz and Alex are former GT Academy finalists, and had extensive access to the Gran Turismo 6 demo which was on display at the event. The following are their impressions and comments on the game’s new driving physics. For more comments and photos, visit our GT6 forum.

I actually spent more than an hour on the GT6 demo, both the previous build and the last minute update build that Kaz and his team brought to the show that we installed literally less than an hour before people got on the pods.

I’ve spent a lot of time on GT5 Prologue and GT5 on the wheel, so I felt the change in physics straight away. I drove without driving aids except ABS set to 1, SRF was turned off, and found the cars were much more sensitive and jittery, especially the race cars. Kazunori’s GTR from Nurburgring 24hr was especially difficult. So you had to be much more gentle on throttle and careful with steering input but the smoother you were, the more reward there was.

Cars like the Dino and Countach were utterly sublime. The lower power meant you could really coax them around the tight International circuit and it was such a pleasure. Definite improvement in physics, Lucas Ordonez agreed with us as well that you could feel more of the car’s weight shift and behaviour and where grip was – that’s not to say it was any easier to hold onto the grip!

Alex (GTP_Ingram – former UK GT Academy Silverstone finalist), myself and even the Academy champs were spinning quite regularly in the first few laps, even at seemingly innocuous corners. I think the race tyres are more challenging than before, but the lower grip tyres are even more satisfying now.

By the end of the day I was desperate to spend more time on it because the physics were most pleasant, but for sure without driving aids the game is now even more of a challenge than before.

Regarding dampers, I actually don’t think I have any useful feedback. All I know is the rumbles on Silverstone were brutal if you hit them with any sort of decent steering angle going on with the settings I was running with. Only the GT3 SLS AMG was able to negotiate them with any sort of composure. That car was fabulous by the way, could push and push and push.

The KTM test driver was quite impressed with the X-bow’s physics in the game, so that’s quite an endorsement. Although he did feel it felt slower and less grippy in the game than he felt it should be, but we explained that he was comparing it to the Nurb GTR which was on race tyres and more powerful. The poor guy spent nearly 20 laps trying to get close to Alex’s “ghost”!

To be honest, because I never got to try it with headphones, a lot of the background noise often masked the clarity of the sound from the demo. I am guessing the build probably is quite early – certainly the build of demo that was on before the last revision ended up being very buggy. We couldn’t exit the race screen without it crashing, even restarting in the pause menu meant we had to reset. The frame rate for the demo was noticeably low too, something everyone familiar with GT5 commented on immediately.

I must say, thanks to the amount of time we spent on the Silverstone International circuit, I’ve grown to absolutely love that layout. The high speed first section is exhilarating and it was a surprise how early you had to brake and turn in to get optimum entry and exit…and goodness help you if you missed your turn in and had to take a second bite at the cherry! It was extremely satisfying to nail the late apexes of some of those tight and twisty mid-section corners. Getting on the power too early did result in some quite merciless snap-oversteer in just about all the cars I spent a significant amount of time in (Countach, Dino, SLS GT3, Nurb GTR, Ford GT, 370Z Academy edition non-tuned).

To give an idea of lap time, the SLS GT3 was capable doing 1’02 at the Silverstone International layout on Racing Hard without aids, the 370Z Academy edition on sports soft was clocking 1’12 – this in the hands of experienced GT wheel drivers.

In the last section of the track, after the chicane, the double right-hander seemed to work well if you got the cars into a very slight drift and just worked the power with a low steering angle. To begin with as I was getting used to the new and sensitive phyisics on the powerful cars I found it easier to almost make multiple small inputs as the smooth fluid approach seemed to be sending me into spins – but with time the latter approach proved faster as you would expect. Both Alex and myself were left wondering whether our first laps were the result of rustiness on our part or a definite shift towards higher sensitivity physics. I think we concluded it was a healthy mix of both.

Something else to add, Alex commented when watching the Academy champions how they were throwing the cars into the corners with super-late braking tactics, and when he was driving against their ghosts he was noticing that while he was quicker on exits in a number of spots, the Academy/real drivers were amazing on the brakes. After he saw how much more beans he could give the car on brakes, he found a lot of lap time.

Regarding any comparison with sim-racing PC physics, my only point of reference would by GTR Evo, and I wouldn’t say the physics of what I drove in GT6 Demo – for the time I drove it – were more similar to that than GT5, but that’s not any sort of detailed comparison so best to wait on that one. There was definitely the whole ‘Gran Turismo feel’ evident in the demo physics. I do recall that in the high speed left hander of turn 2 at Silverstone I could really sense the roll in the cars at that speed and under high aero load. That was really brilliant, I felt, especially in the SLS AMG GT3.

Regarding force-feedback (FFB), I’d find this a little hard to answer because I’m personally quite sensitive to hardware changes, so running at these events on the Thrustmaster wheels is immediately different for me compared to the Logitech G27 I use at home. I drive almost exclusively with FFB set to 1 on my home setup, so I may not be the best judge of this parameter. Also, I almost always find it harder to catch slides and spins on the Thrustmaster wheels than the Logitech ones. Having said that, I think my initial difficulty in finding the limit was a lot more down to unfamiliarity with the International layout at Silverstone because both Alex and I were able to push boundaries in cars and corners quite well after the initial time spent on the demo.

I found the racing hard tyres a bit more challenging than before, and the lower grip comforts and sports I really enjoyed. The Dino and Countach were so obviously different with the Countach’s understeer on entry quite different to the Dino’s more slidy and delightful manageable oversteer. I could feel more grip sensations – that’s not to say there was MORE grip – I could just sense more, but making some kind of sense of that and manipulating it would probably take me some getting used to.

The following are comments from Alex (GTP_Ingram):

Like Maz (Synwraith), I was lucky enough to be one of the first to play the GT6 demo, and my first impressions are very positive.

The handling seems to have been improved greatly over 5 (not that I ever had any serious criticisms of GT5 in this area). There seems to be a far greater feeling of weight transfer as you brake, turn in, and apply the throttle. The cars feel more responsive as a result, I drove the N24 GTR for some time (Lucas set a benchmark time, so I couldn’t just leave it unchallenged…) and compared to how it feels in 5, the difference is very pronounced. This, combined with the heavier feedback of the Thrustmaster wheels that the rigs utilised, caused a spin or two at first!

After getting settled I can say that any time I lost the rear of the car at low speed was down to me being greedy with the throttle or careless with steering. Nothing was jumping out at me saying “wow that didn’t take much to spin” while in the SLS, Dino, 370z or Countach. On the flip side, I didn’t feel that during the chicane at the end of the lap, or turn 3 hairpin, that it was handling vastly differently to how I remember GT5, and the exit of turn 3 hairpin was the spot that I had the most incidents. The occasions where I felt the cars slowly letting go and I had some time to catch them were all at the last corner, but that was 3rd/4th gear typically. In turn 4, the very small left hander between the tight right handers, going over the kerb with too much throttle and steering angle did cause some drama.

Of course, I’m happy that Silverstone is now included in the game, but what excited me more were the fleeting details disclosed about the course maker. During his presentation, Kaz showed the aerial view of a village in Andalucia, explaining how a circuit could be created from the roads both within the village and the surrounding countryside. This will be such a welcome break from the rather anodyne circuits that could be created on 5, where scenery extended as far as an occasional tree, and no further.

Overall, I have a lot of positives to bring from my time playing the demo, and I think we should be all excited for the game’s full release!
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Jun 13 at 11:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So this is basically the finished Gran Turismo coming out at a time when the console it was meant to be a launch title for is being replaced by the PS4 to the max

[Edited on 03-06-2013 by Steve]
Balling
Premium Member

3rd Jun 13 at 11:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
So this is basically this is the finished Gran Turismo coming out at a time when the console it was meant to be a launch title for is being replaced by the PS4 to the max
No word yet on whether all 1200 cars will be updated from the GT4 textures and have interiors, so I'd hold out on the "finished" part.

Nath

3rd Jun 13 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve is a Forza fanboy, there's no getting through to him that this is not finalised.
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Jun 13 at 12:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you actually ok?
MoesTavern

3rd Jun 13 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't actually give a shit about any of that, the actual driving in GT5 was great. I'm sure it will be great in GT6 too.

What I'm concerned about is the actual game, will it have the same bullshit A-spec B-spec stuff, will I have to race the Sunday Cup for the millionth fucking time, will I have to grind for credits as per usual, will the UI be the same slow, unintuitive awkward shitfest as usual?

chris_uk
Premium Member

3rd Jun 13 at 13:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i remember playing the first every public iteration of GT5 in the form of GT Academy and it felt sooo good in the physics dept but when the release came it was nothing like it..

i can only assume they made it easier to suit more people.
chris_uk
Premium Member

4th Jun 13 at 10:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A new gameplay video of Gran Turismo 6 has surfaced, showing the Mercedes Benz SLS AMG at Silverstone.

Gran Turismo 6 will come to the Playstation 3. featuring 1200 cars, 150 of which will be new to Gran Turismo.

As announced by Kazunori Yamauchi, the distinction between standard & premium models will remain, the cars ported over from Gran Turismo 4 will be slightly touched up to fit the new title better.

GT6 will also come with 33 tracks, with seven locations being all-new including Silverstone, the home of Nissan’s GT Academy competition.

A playable demo of GT6 will be released in July, kicking off the next GT Academy competition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioRsgvlzQ7g&feature=player_embedded#!
Steve
Premium Member

4th Jun 13 at 10:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FFS sounds like a waste of time, a new GT on the new console would have had me interested
chris_uk
Premium Member

4th Jun 13 at 10:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i laughed when i read that they are staying the same but.. at the same time.. im not really bothered.

i can imagine the man hours to convert all them cars to premium spec would be enormous! the cars still drive like premium cars its just how they look and realistically they dont look that bad, sure they dont look as good as but when your inside it doesnt really matter.

anyone who wants a racing game for accurate physics, models, tracks etc would play a pc sim..
JonnyJ

4th Jun 13 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MoesTavern
I don't actually give a shit about any of that, the actual driving in GT5 was great. I'm sure it will be great in GT6 too.

What I'm concerned about is the actual game, will it have the same bullshit A-spec B-spec stuff, will I have to race the Sunday Cup for the millionth fucking time, will I have to grind for credits as per usual, will the UI be the same slow, unintuitive awkward shitfest as usual?

All that and will the AI still be so poor you can comfortably beat them in a slower car, theres no way i should be able to lap 5 secs a lap faster than someone in the same car. I love GT, the one thing ive always hated about it though is the stuff you mentioned plus what i added. Its far too linear. Race, win, race, win, buy car, race, win, race, win.

I only really enjoyed the licences, which were a genuine challenge and then just messing around trying to break my own lap times round the ring.

Tiger

5th Jun 13 at 06:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You know as well as I do that it would be suicide to launch gt6 just for the ps3 and not the ps4.
Balling
Premium Member

5th Jun 13 at 08:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger
You know as well as I do that it would be suicide to launch gt6 just for the ps3 and not the ps4.
Which is exactly what they're doing!?

Steve
Premium Member

5th Jun 13 at 08:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely then its just a ps3 game ported to ps4? its not going to be two completely different games i imagine?

If they had just concentrated and written the game purely for the ps4 surely it would have been much better.
chris_uk
Premium Member

5th Jun 13 at 08:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Better in what way??

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll