corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Music from phone to car radio

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Music from phone to car radio
AndyKent

User status: Offline
1st May 13 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's the easiest way to do this, other than using an FM transmitter which I've already got but the sound quality is a bit crap?

Ideally I'd run a cable from the headphone jack to headphone port on the radio......but it doesn't have one

What's my options? Bluetooth?
Brett
Premium Member

1st May 13 at 10:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does the stereo have bluetooth? Would've thought that was unlikely if it doesn't even have any inputs tho.

Have you checked the back to see what's on offer? Or at least googled the model to find out.
Munchie

1st May 13 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

x car link is decent
Balling
Premium Member

1st May 13 at 11:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the head unit doesn't have an AUX option then the FM transmitter is the only solution I know of.

There's also the pikey "tape deck to 3.5 jack" solution which, before Nic Barnes storms in full of rage, does pretty much what it says on the box.

Blade_sri

1st May 13 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
If the head unit doesn't have an AUX option then the FM transmitter is the only solution I know of.

There's also the pikey "tape deck to 3.5 jack" solution which, before Nic Barnes storms in full of rage, does pretty much what it says on the box.

I use that
AndyKent

1st May 13 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have googled it, its an RCD 300, and the rear diagrams don't provide any useful indications to ports you could use.

its new enough to not have a tape deck though! CD only! Car is only 6 years old....

Defo doesn't have built in Bluetooth. I could change the unit but £££
Brett
Premium Member

1st May 13 at 11:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They're not £££ these days mate. You can pick up a second hand stereo for £20-30 with usb, aux input, the works. I've bought a few recently for mates. If it's built into the dash then it'll be another £5-10 on ebay for the replacement faceplate. Check out Gumtree locally.

[Edited on 01-05-2013 by Brett]
AndyKent

1st May 13 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd prefer to keep the interior looking relatively standard rather than a cheapo faceplate unit, although this could be an option if I can't find anything else

I have come across this - http://www.bluespot.co.uk/car-audio.aspx/oem-auxin-vgx4 - which would give me a headphone jack I could run to the glovebox....
Ian W

1st May 13 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling

I use this, works good enough for a solution under a fiver
Brett
Premium Member

1st May 13 at 12:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
I'd prefer to keep the interior looking relatively standard rather than a cheapo faceplate unit, although this could be an option if I can't find anything else

That's fair enough mate, though at the risk of going on and big eck stepping in to wave his dick around, although you'd pay cheap it wouldn't necessarily be a 'cheapo faceplate unit'. You could get a Sony or any other decent brand which will no doubt look more asthetically pleasing (at least in my opinion) and the faceplates are quite seamless and make it look like it was designed to be like that. In either case, hope you get sorted
AndyKent

1st May 13 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll have a look mate, assumed £20 = cheap
Brett
Premium Member

1st May 13 at 12:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheap to buy but they're still good top brand units mate. Just check out gumtree and see what you think maybe? Just a thought anyway. I got an ace Sony one with all the trimmings for £30 and a mate a Pioneer one for £25, both as new condition. I also got my double din JVC one I had in my scooby for a fraction at £40.
Dom

1st May 13 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
I have come across this - http://www.bluespot.co.uk/car-audio.aspx/oem-auxin-vgx4 - which would give me a headphone jack I could run to the glovebox....

You're best bet if you're wanting to keep the factory look. Otherwise it's eBaying for a different RCD model (if it's anything like Vauxhalls then you'll need to get the unit coded to the car), shelling out on a decent double-din unit or one of those a OEM factory-styled units.
pow
Premium Member

1st May 13 at 13:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A quick google suggests this would be suitable:

http://www.connects2.co.uk/ProductInformation.aspx?id=12116

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Connects2-CTVVGX004-Passat-Adaptor-Interface/dp/B005FMYGAS

Activated by double press of the cd button
pow
Premium Member

1st May 13 at 13:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fitted loads of them to mates cars before, we'll worth the money
Whittie

1st May 13 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've ordered a connect 2 thing this morning, supposidly makes the telephone work through steering wheel too, but we'll see when it all turns up.
Brett
Premium Member

1st May 13 at 13:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whittie, will one of these devices allow me to connect my phone in my car then?
pow
Premium Member

1st May 13 at 14:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes Brett it will, missus Dad is after one for his BMW Business system. I've told him which one but he hasn't ordered yet!
Brett
Premium Member

1st May 13 at 14:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you tell me which one also? Cheers dude.
pow
Premium Member

1st May 13 at 14:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need to check if your stereo has round of flat pins in the conenctor on the back. His has round so it's this one:

http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/view_product.php?partno=CTVBMX002

If yours are flat then you need this one:

http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/view_product.php?partno=CTVBMX003

You'll use the use of your CD changer (his packed in a couple of years back so he's not bothered!)
Brett
Premium Member

1st May 13 at 14:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers pow. I'm assuming I could just lookup the model of my nav unit to find out rather than take things apart?

Your final line, does that mean I can't have my CD changer anymore or do you just mean it'll tie in with the same line so to speak? Would be a pisser if I couldn't have the changer anymore.
Whittie

1st May 13 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's three different versions of your player mate, two look the same but have different model numbers.

I'll grab a link to the site I used to buy mine.
Brett
Premium Member

1st May 13 at 14:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes please. All I know is, there's a button on my steering wheel that does nothing and I want it to do something.
Whittie

1st May 13 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brett, can you find out if yours is CD53? If so you need...

Parrot CK3000 Evolution Bluetooth Handsfree Car Kit

& connect 2 ctppar007

Whittie

1st May 13 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same as mine actually, so if you'd like to wait and see if mine works okay before buying

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll