corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » car running to cold?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author car running to cold?
CORSAguy93

User status: Offline
29th Apr 13 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had the car about a week now (vectra b 1.8 2002) and while running around enginne temp has never risen above 75 degrees, barely even lifts off the stop. is this something i should look into or normal for these cars, as my corsa always ran at 90ish assumed that was the right temp for most engines.
Eddx14xe

29th Apr 13 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably a faulty thermostat. You can take it out and put it in a bowl of hot water and see if it opens at the correct temp if you have a thermometer to measure the water temp. Or if you cba, just replace it and see if it makes a difference.
tobyc20xe

29th Apr 13 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Common tbh small engine in a big engine bay it's never really get to hot. But yes i would try a new thermostat first tbh. Mine only really get to 85c ish when sat in trafic ect.

New Poll