corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Cannon eos 650d ?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cannon eos 650d ?
baza31

User status: Offline
14th Apr 13 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What are people's thoughts on these ? Am after a digital slr . I was in currys today looking at one . Does anyone know what they are like? Or which other camera would you reccomend ? They had a deal on a Nikon d3200 but it seemed harder to use menu . Thanks in advance
Scotty_B

15th Apr 13 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

650d is a superb camera.
Balling
Premium Member

15th Apr 13 at 19:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends on your experience with a camera.

If it's your first one I'd go for the 1100D or even something second hand.

If you're determined on something like the 650D I'd try to source a deal for a 600D or 550D as they give the exact same image quality.

baza31

17th Apr 13 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I ended up buying the eos 60d . It's first time I have ever used a decent camera so can't compare to others but the pics come out great .18-55 ( think that's right) is on it but could do with buying a bigger zoom lens
Rob E

19th Apr 13 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Congrats, welcome to a very expensive hobby

A piece of advice, try to buy the best lens you can afford. A better piece of glass attached to your camera will make the biggest amount of difference to your photography than any other accessory. Another good and affordable lens to consider is the cannon 50mm f1.8. This is a prime lens so it has a fixed focal length but is stunningly sharp. It can be picked up new for around £65

[Edited on 19-04-2013 by Rob E]
baza31

19th Apr 13 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers rob. The lens it come with was 18-55 , it's ok but would be nice to zoom a bit more. So I do need another lens . Which 75-300 would be best? I don't have a clue about camera and should really do a bit more research . Also if I take a picture on portrait setting is there any way to blur the background more? Cheers
Rob E

19th Apr 13 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are two ways to blur the background, one is to use a higher zoom and the other is to open the lens right up (that's your f number) I imagine your 18-55 will be the kit lens so you can probably open up to about f4.3 or f5.6 depending on your focal length.

The first step to you need to make is ween yourself out of the automatic camera modes. If you turn the switch into Av mode (aperture priority) you will now be in control of the f number of the lens. The f number is the aperture. The larger the number, the smaller the hole that controls the light reaching the camera's photographic sensor is. F5.6 will most probably be your lens' smallest f number, but is referred to as its largest aperture and f32 will probably be lens' largest f number but is referred to as its smallest aperture.

Now, while your camera is in Av mode, place object like an orange or apple on a well lit work surface and get the camera down level with it, perhaps place it on the work surface at the other end of the table ensuring you can fit the whole object in the viewfinder Turn the zoom to 55mm and and change your f value to 5.6 and take a picture. The camera will figure out the rest of the settings for you so don't worry about that. Now take the same photo again with the f number set to f22.

If you look back through at the two photos you should be able to notice the photo taken at f5.6 has a much more blurred background than the one taken at f22.

I replaced my canon 18-55mm f5.6 kit lens on my 400D with a Tamron 17-50mm f2.8. With this I can blur backgrounds even more because it will open up even wider to f2.8.

With respect to the 75-300mm, I would go for a cheap offering from either Canon, Tamron or Sigma if this is your first DSLR. I had the Tamron one but it got stolen. It was ok for a starter lens, I think its about £100 mark. If you really get into it, Canon's premium zoom lenses cost about £4000-£5000

[Edited on 19-04-2013 by Rob E]
baza31

20th Apr 13 at 09:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for taking time to write all that. Ill dig it out later on and give it a try and report back. Thanks

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Cannon eos 650d ? 24 database queries in 0.0096371 seconds