corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » VPN - Router

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author VPN - Router
Chris
Premium Member

User status: Offline
18th Mar 13 at 21:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does anyone know a way share a client side VPN,

Currently i connect a remote site back to base with 6 clients running VPN client in MS.

But i want to connect a wireless access point but this is not allow VPN config.

I have tried setting turning one client in a router for the VPN with the gateway of client set to that of the VPN connected client, with 10.0.0.0 mask 255.0.0.0 10.50.0.220

But it will not route on from the local VPN client out to network.

So what I am looking for is hardware based VPN client side router, it maybe the case is need to setup GRE tunnel, but looking for a cheaper option.

John

18th Mar 13 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IPSEC VPN?

I can't 100% make out what you mean but if I've picked it up correctly a Draytek 2830n would probably do the job.
Chris
Premium Member

18th Mar 13 at 21:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PTPP currently, basically allow many client at the remote site to share the vpn ip lease rather than using loads of tunnels back to base and taking VPN licences and ip leases
John

18th Mar 13 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does PPTP as well. They also do a non ADSL version if you don't need the modem, I'd personally get the 2830 anyway though.
Chris
Premium Member

18th Mar 13 at 21:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
IPSEC VPN?

I can't 100% make out what you mean but if I've picked it up correctly a Draytek 2830n would probably do the job.

Looks good, i will order one up for a play
Dom

18th Mar 13 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go the hardware route, use a router and do a site-to-site tunnel. And second John's Draytek recommendation; recently installed a 2920n for a client and it's awesome
pow
Premium Member

18th Mar 13 at 23:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another vote for drayteks, got 3 on the go now, one two of them in site to site now, works beautifully. The 2830 is better than the 2820 as well.

New Poll