corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Cookieaces Corsa B Project

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cookieaces Corsa B Project
Cookieace

User status: Offline
20th Feb 13 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was on the hunt for a new car and managed to pick up a 1997 Corsa B 3 door in white, it has 77k miles on the clock.

Bit of rust on the drivers side, also a little bit on the sills but hoping can somehow fix it, it isnt bad just a little bit of surface rust.

Inside isn't that bad but definetly needs some leathers in it.

My first mod so far to this car was removing the old standard vauxhall radio and putting in my cd player

Next on the list is to get some more gear gaiters as the state of these are shocking.

Wire up an MFD

Smoked Side Repeaters

Some more wing mirrors as the person who painted these didn't do a very good job and they are now cracked so may hunt down a scrappy and get some more

White front bumper and rear bumper will also be on the cards

Leather Interior

Maybe Some Black Fanblades?

Debadge the Rear and get rid of the Sticker on the side which says Trip

Smoked Depos

Shocks and Springs or Coilovers

Sportex Exhaust System

3 Door Spoiler

is it just a case of peeling the Trip sticker off or will I need any chemicals, also I am a bit undecided but should I debumpstrip the white car or not?

Hopefully will be updating it quite regularly
Cookieace

20th Feb 13 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The wing mirrors have cracked and peeled as well so I have just paid for a pair of white manual wing mirrors again which are in pretty good condition

I get paid on the 28th so hopefully will be able to get a GSI bumper sorted.
Mattb

20th Feb 13 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That crack on the b pillar will need welding unfortunately. Its a common issue with earlier b's

Looks like a good base for a project but the interior is nasty!
Cookieace

20th Feb 13 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much do you think it will cost to sort the crack out on the b pillar?

The interior is very horrible and am looking at some Calibra Leathers and some black door cards lol.
Cookieace

5th Apr 13 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update: 28/03/2013

I found a post 97 front and rear bumper in white along with a spoiler for sale and a debadged grill which was an hour and a half away from me.

I have no pictures of tigerseal being applied.

Pictures of the front rear bumper fitted

After all this was fitted I decided I would smoke my side repeaters myself.

Before

After

I also got this in the post

Tigra scuttle , got that fitted straight away as well with the flat wiper blades.

One side does look a different colour to the other but a bit of a clean down and some linseed oil cured this problem.

A week after my trip for the bumpers I found some stuff for sale which was also local that I could just not turn down.

Only had a half an hour journey to pick up all this

Astra Five Spoke Alloys

Smoked Depos

Gaz Coilovers for front

The Smoked depos went straight on, a comparison between a regular depo and the smoked one

Both regular and smoked depos on the car

Both Smoked Depos fitted

After the Depos were fitted I got straight on to fitting the Astra 5 Spoke Alloys which had two Toyo T1rs with decent tread along with Pirellies on the rear tyres.

Photos of the 5 Spokes fitted

With the Gaz Coilovers here I bought some Gmaxx rear shocks and custom springs off of Danny on here.

Front jacked up

The Gaz Front coilovers went on fine, there was a problem getting the rear shocks out and they are still not out at the moment so for now it is sitting on standard shocks and 80mm springs but I am going to have another go at getting the standard rear shocks out and fitting the Gmaxx rear shocks.

The plan at my mates house as well was to get the bumper tops sprayed, but due to all of the wind we couldn't get it done, we tried one layer of white primer and gave up after that.

My bootlock has been sprayed up white and so have all four arches, the arches won't be getting fitted until the bumpertops are also sprayed up white just got to hope the wind dies down.

Photo of the front masked up ready but due to wind had to stop

Boot lock fitted

Bit of a colour difference but that is also due to my car being dirty already

Also invested in some GM Vauxhall Mats

Here is a picture of how the car was when I got it

How it is sitting now

Thoughts and opinions guys? The primer on the front will be getting sprayed when the wind dies down and the arches will be fitted after that. Got some colour coded door handles on the way too
Cookieace

5th Apr 13 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update: 01/04/2013

Recent purchases for this car have been Bee Sting Aerial, Colour Coded Door Handles and GM Wind Deflectors all of which I am still waiting to arrive.

I did just buy these

Some MHWs , picked them up for £65 posted so couldn't really moan

I am hoping to get the bumper tops sprayed tomorrow and then get the arches fitted and give the car a damn good wash and bring the white back to its former glory and fit any parts that come through the post tomorrow
Cookieace

5th Apr 13 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am never touching a rattle can again in my life, tried colour coding the rear bumper top and it has gone absolutly shit, tried sanding and everything.

Looks like I wont be fully colour coding everywhere unless I get it profesionally done but want a GSI kit all in white (like rocking horse shit)
Cookieace

5th Apr 13 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update: 02/04/2013

I am never touching a rattle can again not after the mess I just made

On the plus side, £40 has just rectified that problem as I have just purchased a Glacier White Rear GSI Bumper

Just on the huint for a gsi front bumper in good nic and the sideskirts and then will be saving to get those bits sprayed as well as the DIYd arches which were done by a mate

Also the door handles are fitted and look lovely.
Cookieace

5th Apr 13 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update: 03/04/2013

Well after looking for a set of steinmetz skirts for a reasonable price I finally came across of genuine steinmetz skirts with both stamps on them.

The skirts are in very good condition and the clips are still in tact, they are currently in black so will need a respray.

He currently has them put to one side for me as I will be paying him next Thursday when I get paid.

Here are pictures of the skirts on his car and also of one of the stamps, he sent the other photo of the stamp to my phone, while the one being posted was sent to both.

Couldn't turn them down for £70 posted really, he just wanted them gone as there taking up space.

Here is a list of what to do when it comes:

Fit Bee Sting Aerial
Fit Rear Gsi Bumper
Fit MHWs
Fit Wind Deflectors

List of stuff to do:

Pay for the Steinmetz Skirts on Thursday
Get the Arches and Steinmetz Skirts profesionally resprayed so I can then get them all fitted

Also on the lookout for a GSI front bumper after the skirts and arches are sprayed up
beany113

5th Apr 13 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks good mate keep the progress updates coming
Cookieace

5th Apr 13 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will do buddy, cant wait to pay for the Steinmetz skirts, just a case of saving up and getting the arches sprayed as well as the skirts and then saving for a GSI front bumper to get sprayed up
Jordancorsab
Premium Member

5th Apr 13 at 15:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going to look awesome when it's all colour coded, those wheels look really smart on your car mate.
Cookieace

5th Apr 13 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jordancorsab
Going to look awesome when it's all colour coded, those wheels look really smart on your car mate.

Thanks buddy can't wait to get it all sprayed , need to look out for gsi front bumper after skirts and arches are sprayed like I said.

So going to be saving for the pennies for a little bit to get it all sprayed, I think a Sportex will be after everything is colour coded.

Car needs a damn good detail as well.
Vaux-Dan
Premium Member

5th Apr 13 at 18:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

coming along nice mate
ArdenblueDan

5th Apr 13 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good buddy wheels look nice too sit lovely
Cookieace

5th Apr 13 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks guys the wheel are only temporary until I invest in some COMP MOs or Speedlines

just looking foward to all this stuff turning up and fitting it, hopefully a tax rebate comes through as well soon as that will pay for everyhing being sprayed and the gsi bumper. Fingers crossed as been taxed quite a bit lol
kedowan

6th Apr 13 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plans sound good mate, turned around and deffo suits those wheels.
Dr.Corsa

6th Apr 13 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi!

Your Corsa is a black and white edition, nice!

Greeting,
Micha
Cookieace

7th Apr 13 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit of a negative update

Just been told by the guy selling the MHWs that he doesnt have any time to post and is issuing the refund, although on the plus side it does mean I will be paying for the steinmetz skirts once the refund comes through and also means more money to get the stuff sprayed faster
Jordancorsab
Premium Member

19th Jun 13 at 19:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any updates on this, really liked where this was going
chrisr195

12th Jul 13 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any updates , it same spec as mine but my a trip

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Cookieaces Corsa B Project 23 database queries in 0.0311282 seconds