corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » PVD Cone or Drilled airbox?

Poll: PVD Cone or Drilled airbox?
  PVD Cone
  Drilled Airbox

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author PVD Cone or Drilled airbox?
digitalbanana

User status: Offline
5th May 03 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as there was discussion about drilled boxes, and i was gonn get a PVD cone, but the post made me think twice...

Which do u think? opinions pls!
Kris TD

5th May 03 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why not try drilled airbox, then you can always buy a cone filter if you dnt like it
Adam-D

5th May 03 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

both
Adam-D

5th May 03 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

put the cone inside airbox and cut big hole in airbox front for a big feed that way you sheid induction kit from hot air and have a big filter
its a lot of work to do this btw
flipmo

5th May 03 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

having had both done id say drilled airbox n panel filter, wont suck in hot air and sounds just as good if not better
digitalbanana

5th May 03 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is there a panel to remove instead of drilling? and are performance gains the same?
lacky75

5th May 03 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u wont really gain any performance on a non turbo'd mota just by adding an iduction kit, maybe 1-3 bhp max but chances are u could loose torque (which aint good).

Really, all an induction kit is there for is to add a really throaty noise to the car when reving the engine

personnally i'd go for a drilled air box and pvd panel filter (its alot cheaper than induction kit and u wont suffer from flat spots (which alot of people on here seem to suffer)
digitalbanana

5th May 03 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for some reason i still think ind. kit...dunno why so dont ask!

how come u get flat spots on ind.kit thought u just reset ecu to fix that!
flipmo

5th May 03 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cos it sits right next to the engine and sucks in lots of hot air, which is the opposite of what u want
Nath

5th May 03 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Drilled box for certain mate! I have tried both and i'm very impressed with a drilled box. Absolutely no flat spots and the noise levels are similar compared to an induction kit. The flat spots used to p!ss me off when trying to race from a standing start. Now it just goes. Like someone said, drill ur box and if u still aint sure buy a cone. Dont waste £70 staright away without trying a drilled box
Adam_lee

5th May 03 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The drilled air box sounds like the best bet. Especialy as if you dont like it youve spent nothing. If you have the money to burn though, go for a nice big cone cos they look ace under the bonnet. (yes where no one can see it).

New Poll