corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa b rear disk conversion

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa b rear disk conversion
KeNNyCorsa

User status: Offline
18th Feb 13 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi all

my 1st post, il get up a post to introduce myself properly when I'm at my pc,

basically after a year or so of neglecting my Corsa b show car n leaving it under a car cover in my workshop I have decided ( after yesterday's sun shine) I need to pull my finger out n get it sorted.

my 1st point of call is converting the rear drums to disks, I know lmf Vauxhall use to do a conversion kit but u can't seem to find it any more, can anyone shed a bit of light on y?, iv looked at a few tutorials on how to do it with a cav mk2 rear beam as a doner for bits, but I'd rather have a kit cause it use to come with hand brake cable, spacers n all the necessary bits to do it.

can any one suggest any other donner cars other then cav mk 2 and how its done.

thanks

Kenny
monkeytwizzel

18th Feb 13 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like if you use corsa c 1.8 sri rear disc set up then the hub assembly is a direct swap to a corsa b,another option is astra/zafira rear disc assemblies as they don`t use handbrake shoes so should be lighter.
You can still get the conversion plates,havn`t seen the complete kit for a while also!
davieslim

20th Feb 13 at 00:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mk2 cavalier,mk2 astra,mk3 cavalier,mk3 astra, im sure the vectra b set up can be used as well but the handbrake cable routes to a different point
KeNNyCorsa

20th Feb 13 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lovley thanks guys, il have a look into corsa c rear disks,

If I choose the corsa c option whats the biggest disk upgrade can I get, im running 18s n would like to fill the void abit, I have astra 20l 16v gsi front brakes ideally id like to match them in that size .

Kenny
monkeytwizzel

21st Feb 13 at 00:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You won`t need big disc`s on the rear as the braking percentage on the rear is so little compaired to the front so corsa c 1.8 sri ones will do,
Problem with the older vauxhall rear disc set up is the hand brake in board shoes that always need adjusting and the extra weight.
csifku

21st Feb 13 at 00:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by KeNNyCorsa
hi all

my 1st post, il get up a post to introduce myself properly when I'm at my pc,

basically after a year or so of neglecting my Corsa b show car n leaving it under a car cover in my workshop I have decided ( after yesterday's sun shine) I need to pull my finger out n get it sorted.

my 1st point of call is converting the rear drums to disks, I know lmf Vauxhall use to do a conversion kit but u can't seem to find it any more, can anyone shed a bit of light on y?, iv looked at a few tutorials on how to do it with a cav mk2 rear beam as a doner for bits, but I'd rather have a kit cause it use to come with hand brake cable, spacers n all the necessary bits to do it.

can any one suggest any other donner cars other then cav mk 2 and how its done.

thanks

Kenny

check my thread in projects, will add photos of my rear beam moro , been welded last night ...
KeNNyCorsa

21st Feb 13 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks again lads,
tbh I'm not worried about the breaking percentage, its a full on show car with c20xe lump, I don't really drive it above 60mph lol, I just want bigger brakes for the looks to fill the massive void behind my wheels.

il get a thread up asap to introduce myself properly n some pics of my car for u all to see

New Poll