corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » New Camera

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New Camera
whitter45

User status: Offline
7th Feb 13 at 09:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi Guys

After a new camera before my travels to Brazil and the West Coast

Was looking the Canon 60D or Niikon 7000D

Anyone got any other suggestions

Cheers

Paul
Balling
Premium Member

7th Feb 13 at 09:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Both are good cameras Paul, hard to give other suggestions without just pointing at any random cameras on the market.
What are your criteria?

Personally I'd never want to bring such a large camera with me, but then I'm more about snapshots.
Haven't held the 7000D but the 60D is pretty huge.

whitter45

7th Feb 13 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
Both are good cameras Paul, hard to give other suggestions without just pointing at any random cameras on the market.
What are your criteria?

Personally I'd never want to bring such a large camera with me, but then I'm more about snapshots.
Haven't held the 7000D but the 60D is pretty huge.

yeah appreciate that

I have the x10 and currently have a sony a550. I will be taking both the x10 and the replacement on my travels

General shots will be landscape, travelling etc

Will be selling my A550
Balling
Premium Member

7th Feb 13 at 09:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What about the A550 makes you want to replace it?

andy1868

7th Feb 13 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had the same dilemma afew years ago when they both first came out. I ended up with the D7000 as it seemed the better camera to me, but tbh i can't see there being a massive difference in it.

Here is a direct comparison between the two, and Here is a size comparison too.

Other things to bear in mind is that the D7000 is rumoured to be replaced soon, but seeing as it was £1000 when it was new the replacement is likely to be alot more expensive than the D7000 now, giving you plenty of change for lenses. I don't know about the Canon i'm afraid.

Big things for me for the Nikon was more focus points, supposedly better noise control at higher ISOs (take that with a pinch of salt) and dual card slots. Advantages for the Canon are that it is bigger so may fit in your hand better, or it may not, thats up to you. Supposedly better at video than the D7000, not something i use, and it has a moveable rear screen as the D7000's is fixed, again not something that i need or want tbh. I'm sure there's more but i can't remember now.

Which lenses were you looking at putting on these cameras out of interest?
whitter45

7th Feb 13 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for canon it would be the 18-135

for the nikon it would be the 18 - 105

andy1868

10th Feb 13 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i can vouch for the 18-105, its a decent lens but seems to get slated a fair bit. there might be better lenses out there, but i've always been happy with the results, especially stopped down abit

i'm afraid i don't know much about the Canon though!
neoquip

16th Feb 13 at 08:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are the lens' both with Image stabling?
Balling
Premium Member

16th Feb 13 at 08:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The canon 18-135 is an IS lens. Don't know about the Nikon.

Balling
Premium Member

16th Feb 13 at 08:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Found this, that may be useful:
"The Nikkor 18–105 mm VR, the Canon’s equivalent from a rival system, was praised by us. The Canon deserves some praise as well because the results of both lenses are more or less similar. The price of both devices is roughly the same. The Nikkor is a bit optically better, especially on the edge of the frame, but the Canon compensates for it giving you a better build quality and a wider range of focal lengths.
The Sigma 18-125 mm OS can be also a potential competitor of the Canon but only in theory. The Canon is a bit sharper, it boasts a wider range of focal lengths and is a bit cheaper. It is true that it doesn’t feature an USM motor but it does have another “advantage” (and for many it is an advantage without quotation marks) which the Sigma lacks. It is called Canon."

From here: http://cl.ly/1A1g1m0I213H

So it seems it's basically a matter of which system you prefer. Neither is going to guarantee you better pictures.

whitter45

19th Feb 13 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks guys

Sold the a550 so getting the Nikon D7000

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » New Camera 24 database queries in 0.0101540 seconds