corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Milton Keynes people - Nice areas...not so nice areas help please

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Milton Keynes people - Nice areas...not so nice areas help please
MatthewR

User status: Offline
   29th Jan 13 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Taking a job offer very seriously at the moment in MK. Currently living in Watford would be a bit too far to commute every day what with my mrs working and a having a child so we are looking at properties around MK area.
I would like to know the places that are known to be 'sort after' so to speak and also the areas people would discourage us to look in i.e 'its abit rough round there' lol.

Thank you in advance to those who reply

Matt
MatthewR

29th Jan 13 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nath this thread is basically for you lol
Dom

29th Jan 13 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Personally i'd keep out of MK and stick to one of the villages likes Olney, Cranfield, Sherrington, Salford, Millbrook isn't too far likewise Woburn.

Nath will no doubt chime with some 'in town' suggestions.
MatthewR

29th Jan 13 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok ill check them places out, thank you Dom
Twitch

29th Jan 13 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would stay away from area's of ampthill and flitwick ( which are close enough to commute to MK, about 20min ) but are just a dive now days.
Source: I live there
MatthewR

29th Jan 13 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought fliwick is more Luton - i will be staying the fcuk away from Luton that is fo sure
Dom

29th Jan 13 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ampthill use to be alright and there are still a few nicer houses towars waitrose way or up near the park, not sure it's really a sort-after area now though.

Deanshanger and Beachyhampton might also be worth looking at, certainly seem like reasonable places when i've driven through.

Edit - Flitwick is heading towards Toddington/Dunstable, so you're still 20/30mins out of Luton that way but as Twitch said, it's a bit of a hole (useful if you need the train into Kings Cross though).

[Edited on 29-01-2013 by Dom]
Nath

29th Jan 13 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Avoid: Fishermead, Oldbrook, Netherfield, Lakes Estate, Beanhill, Coffee Hall, Conniburrow

Other than that you can't really go wrong. Villages are nice, but commuting into the city during rush hour is an absolute nightmare. Harlington is nice if you're looking at Beds.

Feel free to u2u me dude.
Twitch

29th Jan 13 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With the A421 finished a couple of years ago places like Marston and Bedford are relatively quick for getting to bedford too. Bedford is hit or miss weather you get a nice place or not and Marston again is hit or miss. salford and cranfield are nice area's IMO.Newport pagnell is worth looking into as well
Nath

29th Jan 13 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah Newport is nice. Good high street for pubs. Plus the Aston showroom is round the corner
AndyKent

29th Jan 13 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Flitwick nearly Luton?

Cranfield is more dodgy than not due to students and the sheer amount of rented property. Villages can be expensive round here. I'd be looking in the town itself rather than outside especially if you're renting.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

29th Jan 13 at 20:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mate mate recently moved there. No idea what area is called though. I know it's near dominos hq though.
Got another mate that lives just outside and commutes to Watford

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Y869 SRA

29th Jan 13 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
Flitwick nearly Luton?

Last time I went to Flitwick, all I saw was nice estates. Guess I must've been on the right side of town
AndyKent

29th Jan 13 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its fine, got a centre parks on the side of it now ffs
Toby
Premium Member

29th Jan 13 at 21:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been to Woburn Sands, nice place and good pub.
Ben J

29th Jan 13 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Avoid: Fishermead, Oldbrook, Netherfield, Lakes Estate, Beanhill, Coffee Hall, Conniburrow

Other than that you can't really go wrong. Villages are nice, but commuting into the city during rush hour is an absolute nightmare. Harlington is nice if you're looking at Beds.

When I first moved to MK I rented with 4 other lads in Oldbrook. Was pretty rough. Our local was the Cricketers. Used to get some nutters in there! I remember there was a rape and a stabbing in Fishermead when I lived there.

Ben J

29th Jan 13 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Twitch
With the A421 finished a couple of years ago places like Marston and Bedford are relatively quick for getting to bedford too. Bedford is hit or miss weather you get a nice place or not and Marston again is hit or miss. salford and cranfield are nice area's IMO.Newport pagnell is worth looking into as well

I lived in Newport Pagnell for a year. It's nice enough. Also lived in Bletchley. Parts of it pretty rough, parts okay.

[Edited on 29-01-2013 by Ben J]
Nath

29th Jan 13 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
quote:

When I first moved to MK I rented with 4 other lads in Oldbrook. Was pretty rough. Our local was the Cricketers. Used to get some nutters in there! I remember there was a rape and a stabbing in Fishermead when I lived there.

Cricketers is dodgy as fuck was a double murder in fishermead last year
Nath

29th Jan 13 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Twitch

I lived in Newport Pagnell for a year. It's nice enough. Also lived in Bletchley. Parts of it pretty rough, parts okay.

[Edited on 29-01-2013 by Ben J]

Bletchley is indeed very hit and miss.
Ben J

29th Jan 13 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Cricketers is dodgy as fuck was a double murder in fishermead last year

We used to be in there most evenings and watched footy a lot in there.
Nath

29th Jan 13 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I watched most of euro04 in there. And wc02. Mate was a local so it was all good.
Ben J

29th Jan 13 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I watched most of euro04 in there. And wc02. Mate was a local so it was all good.

Was Euro 04 Rooneys first England Tournament? If so, I was there too
Nath

29th Jan 13 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

I did see you once in MK. Near the Uni. Recognised your reg plate
Ben J

29th Jan 13 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

I did see you once in MK. Near the Uni. Recognised your reg plate

Silver Astra?

Just checked Euro 04 was Rooneys first tournament. I must have been in Cricketers same times as you.
Nath

29th Jan 13 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was definitely an astra but the colour escapes me. Mental both survived too

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Milton Keynes people - Nice areas...not so nice areas help please 23 database queries in 0.1061089 seconds