corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Smoked/tinted side repeaters. What you using on your car???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Smoked/tinted side repeaters. What you using on your car???
BenC1985

User status: Offline
27th Jan 13 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically i have bought 3 sets to go on my car and they are either not really smoked or the clips on the back snap trying to put them on.lol just wondered what you lot have on your cars(pics would be good) Im thinking of trying some mk4 astra ones of ebay that are smoked but ill see what you friendly bunch come up with. Thanks Ben

[Edited on 28-01-2013 by BenC1985]
bigron1988

27th Jan 13 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bought these from a lad on corsa c forum £10 for them and he tints them to how dark you want , not fitted them yet tho so no fitted pics

corsa-torque

27th Jan 13 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have smoked mk4 astra side reps on my GSi, they are genuine vaux ones and fit spot on
mattant

27th Jan 13 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I found Astra ones didn't fit properly on the driver's side, there was something behind the wing so it wouldn't clip in
Sean

27th Jan 13 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm going to be running smoked mk4 astra ones on my nova only the right way round though
Christopher

27th Jan 13 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

daine
Premium Member

28th Jan 13 at 00:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea, they are a bit hard to fit, they hit the carbon canister behind the wing,
yes Sean they only fit the wrong way round.

hear's some I fitted to mine in orange! to match cage & wheels..........

Corsa_Sport21

28th Jan 13 at 00:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To the OP, buy standard Mk4 Astra 1s from the scrappies, and smoke them yourself with a little pot of modelling paint. Costs couple of quid from a modelling shop or you can buy it online. Think is Tamiya stuff. Done a few sets on previous Mk4 Astra's ive had. The more coats you put on, the darker they go.

This stuff....
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tamiya-Mini-Acrylic-X-Paints-Acrylic-Paint-10ml-Available-In-Several-Colours-/230840649921?pt=UK_ToysGames_ModelKits_ModelKits_JN&var&hash=item35bf2cc8c1&_uhb=1

X-19, smoke.

[Edited on 28-01-2013 by Corsa_Sport21]
Jamie-C

28th Jan 13 at 00:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought mine for £7 already smoked iirc, wouldn't waste my time painting them when there not dear in the first place
Corsa_Sport21

28th Jan 13 at 00:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not expensive no, but he is having problems with them not being smoked enough. And the pot lasts ages so can do plenty other sets in the future. Looks good on foglamps too.
Jamie-C

28th Jan 13 at 01:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I never read the OP
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

28th Jan 13 at 08:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had black crystal ones on my B
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

28th Jan 13 at 08:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LOTUS-340R-CRYSTAL-BLACK-SIDE-LIGHT-REPEATER-INDICATORS-/290762494211?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item43b2cb9103

like the but corsa b shaped
BenC1985

28th Jan 13 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was thinking of getting these? All the ones uve tried already have been oval ones but either grey not smoked or the clips brake. http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=110869126078
JamesSXI

28th Jan 13 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes the cheap eBay nastys always brake they are shit better off getting vx ones like said or paying abit more imo
Gary
Premium Member

28th Jan 13 at 10:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

'Running' side repeaters? I've heard it all now
Carl

28th Jan 13 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont buy off ebay if its that seller that has sold loads and does them for loads of cars bexause he is a right wanker. Sent me a set out and one was dodgy and he was a class A cunt about it basically calling me a liar etc.
BenC1985

28th Jan 13 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
'Running' side repeaters? I've heard it all now

Theres always one eh Gary?? Sorry if i used the wrong wording for you. I shall change it just for you. Lmao
BenC1985

28th Jan 13 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think im gonna get some paint or tinting spray and just paint the orange oem ones i have on my car now. Atleast they fit properly.
BenC1985

28th Jan 13 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
To the OP, buy standard Mk4 Astra 1s from the scrappies, and smoke them yourself with a little pot of modelling paint. Costs couple of quid from a modelling shop or you can buy it online. Think is Tamiya stuff. Done a few sets on previous Mk4 Astra's ive had. The more coats you put on, the darker they go.

This stuff....
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tamiya-Mini-Acrylic-X-Paints-Acrylic-Paint-10ml-Available-In-Several-Colours-/230840649921?pt=UK_ToysGames_ModelKits_ModelKits_JN&var&hash=item35bf2cc8c1&_uhb=1

X-19, smoke.

[Edited on 28-01-2013 by Corsa_Sport21]

This stuff mate??? http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=380563042789 just when i clicked your link i had to sign back into ebay and its my bros account so cant log in.lol

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Smoked/tinted side repeaters. What you using on your car??? 22 database queries in 0.0161030 seconds