corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Bike Day 2013

New Poll
  <<  133    134    135    136    137    138    139  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bike Day 2013
Cole

User status: Offline
12th Dec 13 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You.will.need a medium to large imho
Cole

12th Dec 13 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As it all depends on your torso length aswell arm.length etc im 6ft i had a 19" and that was to small im now on a 20" and its fine you need to try some bikes out to see what fits
Ant B

12th Dec 13 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah im going to bike shop tomorow to try a few,they dont have the one i want but if i find the right size on a canondale then the one i order will be the same or similar as thats cannondale,ive upped the budget to £500 max
Nic Barnes

14th Dec 13 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Braved torrential rain and quite severe gusts of wind and went to ride the newly finished revamp on whinlatter north red final section. Was worth the ride even if it was real hard work. The revamp is really good and I look forward to riding it without wind in my face! Don't mind the rain so much.
Jimbothebarbarian

14th Dec 13 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
Braved torrential rain and quite severe gusts of wind and went to ride the newly finished revamp on whinlatter north red final section. Was worth the ride even if it was real hard work. The revamp is really good and I look forward to riding it without wind in my face! Don't mind the rain so much.

Fair play! I was shitting myself picking my bike up. Put it on the roof carrier and it's gale force winds, thought the fucker was coming straight off man! Had to bend the carrier back straight when I got home. It's fooking horrendous out today..
deano87

14th Dec 13 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I won some Lezyne Hecto lights off Westbrook Cycles Facebook "Share, Like and Comment" competition
Nic Barnes

14th Dec 13 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it's not the best out today. Would definitely make the national news if this was the south. You done the new north yet Jim? It's a bit different. Nearly came flying off trying to jump what used to be a jump!
Jimbothebarbarian

14th Dec 13 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah, not yet can't get out till Monday. But I think that might be where we're heading.

Any vids?
Nic Barnes

14th Dec 13 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No vids no weather was that bad I could barely see with my eyes in places wind was blowing rain right at us
Pop

14th Dec 13 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Took my new bike out today with a mate for its first proper off-road ride. We headed for Swinley Forest in Bracknell which is pretty popular, today was no exception.

Did a lap of the 6 mile blue trail and the bike was great. A few iffy gear changes but that was all user error. As we got round quicker than planned we decided to do another lap; sadly about half way round we met a group of bikers giving heart compressions to a guy. It was on a fairly flat non-technical section so I can only assume he had a heart attack. We helped the ambulance and paramedic down the access routes to where he was.

Fingers crossed he made it, although I'm not confident as he looked in a very bad way. A bad end to what was a great ride, hopefully we'll be back out there next weekend.
Nic Barnes

14th Dec 13 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuckin hell!!!!
Jimbothebarbarian

14th Dec 13 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit off putting that!

Rick Draper

14th Dec 13 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Off to Cannock chase tomorrow, never been before so it will be interesting to see what its like.
Nic Barnes

14th Dec 13 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's ok rick, lack of elevation reduces the possible fun though. Do the longer route if you can.
Nic Barnes

14th Dec 13 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's ok rick, lack of elevation reduces the possible fun though. Do the longer route if you can.
Cole

14th Dec 13 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nic we missed out so much when we went there is loads of good fun decents the black section is good plus we didnt do the last couple of climbs and decents. And asbarnes said rick do the long loop but do monkey trail(over the bridge) twice much more fun
Cole

14th Dec 13 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh barnes ive told my pro mates that you will show them round whinlatter in march hope thats ok pmsl
taylorboosh

14th Dec 13 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbothebarbarian
Bit off putting that!

Can only imagine cycling to reduce the chances of that
Nic Barnes

14th Dec 13 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cole
Oh barnes ive told my pro mates that you will show them round whinlatter in march hope thats ok pmsl
follow the signs, its not exactly hard.
smcGSI16V

14th Dec 13 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pop
Took my new bike out today with a mate for its first proper off-road ride. We headed for Swinley Forest in Bracknell which is pretty popular, today was no exception.

Did a lap of the 6 mile blue trail and the bike was great. A few iffy gear changes but that was all user error. As we got round quicker than planned we decided to do another lap; sadly about half way round we met a group of bikers giving heart compressions to a guy. It was on a fairly flat non-technical section so I can only assume he had a heart attack. We helped the ambulance and paramedic down the access routes to where he was.

Fingers crossed he made it, although I'm not confident as he looked in a very bad way. A bad end to what was a great ride, hopefully we'll be back out there next weekend.

Was there today also. There was also an air ambulance and normal one there at 4pm after somebody face planted a tree.
Well I managed a loop of 20 miles in swinley and only done 1/2 the blue and red route which is 14 miles. So there is plenty of off piste stuff, which tbh is better and it's what swinley used to be like rather than the slippy stone road it is in places now.
Also gave up the fags after 20 years of smoking on my 35th birthday 2 weeks ago, and I already feel better and notice a difference already.
Nic Barnes

14th Dec 13 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well done for quitting the smokes!
Cole

14th Dec 13 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
quote:
Originally posted by Cole
follow the signs, its not exactly hard.

Thats what i told them you would say
Nic Barnes

14th Dec 13 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you are going, there are a few options to miss out the single track climbs by using fire road which is easier for you to push your bike up so you don't get in the way of others on the trail cole.
Jimbothebarbarian

14th Dec 13 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbothebarbarian
Bit off putting that!

Can only imagine cycling to reduce the chances of that

Yeah, you have yet to see my magnificent round carcass upon a two wheeled steed. If you had you would think differently mate...
Pop

14th Dec 13 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by smcGSI16V
quote:
Originally posted by Pop

Was there today also. There was also an air ambulance and normal one there at 4pm after somebody face planted a tree.
Well I managed a loop of 20 miles in swinley and only done 1/2 the blue and red route which is 14 miles. So there is plenty of off piste stuff, which tbh is better and it's what swinley used to be like rather than the slippy stone road it is in places now.
Also gave up the fags after 20 years of smoking on my 35th birthday 2 weeks ago, and I already feel better and notice a difference already.

Just read that the guy we saw on blue trail 10 passed away. Hopefully the person who hit the tree is ok.

<<  133    134    135    136    137    138    139  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Bike Day 2013 23 database queries in 0.0435200 seconds