corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Which driveshaft for corsa B c20xe

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Which driveshaft for corsa B c20xe
simonXE

User status: Offline
26th Jan 13 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was driving around the other day when what sounded like my driveshaft clicking and knocking under acceleration, I'm going to have a look tomorrow to see if I spot anything wrong but the noise was from the gearbox end on the passenger side, how ever when I stopped and did lock to lock while driving slowly the noise stopped and when I continued to drive there was no noise :s so if I need to replace the driveshaft what one will be a direct replacement? Because I had a issue with my old redtop and I stupidly bought a standard shaft and it didn't fit in the box lol! So jw what people use. Thanks.
simonXE

26th Jan 13 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Someone must know please?
monkeytwizzel

27th Jan 13 at 00:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For a c20xe corsa there is no standard shafts so you will have to find out what was used when the conversion was done.
If you have a big block hub conversion done then it should be a 2L driveshaft from a astra,cav or cali maybe even vectra but if you are still on standard hubs then cav 1.6 inner cv with gsi shaft(22 splines) and outer cv.
davegreen
Premium Member

27th Jan 13 at 08:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depends on what hubs and gearbox you haveas already said. take the worn one off remove the cv thats damaged go to your local motor factor with all the parts andthey should be able to match up the cv's for you.
simonXE

27th Jan 13 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok thanks for the help lads. I also herd that corsa gsi ones fit in a f20 box ? And is a direct replacement ?
simonXE

28th Jan 13 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

??
simonXE

29th Jan 13 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've decided to buy the inner cv Joint from a calibra which he said is 22spline and would fit in my f20 box. They wanted 180quid for an original one but then he said for non gen it would be 60 which I thought isn't to bad.
monkeytwizzel

30th Jan 13 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No mate 2L calibra is big block which 25 spline from so different from corsa gsi,you are going to have to remove the inner cv from shaft and give a wipe off then count the splines on it as someone has said.
It`s a pain i know but the only way!
inner cv joint 25 spline is big block,so cavalier,calibra,vectra,astra all 2L and 1.8.
inner cv joint 22 spline is from 1.6 cavalier and poss the corsa gsi and some people say the corsa diesel but i can`t confirm that,1.6 cavalier is a definite and most used.
Count them and post back to us and i`m sure someone on here will help!
simonXE

31st Jan 13 at 07:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh I see, I'm going to take the shaft out tonight and count how many it has. Will report back
davegreen
Premium Member

31st Jan 13 at 07:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive not brought an inner cv for a while but last year an outer cv for a vectra set me back around £30 no genuine but a reputible make for the local motor factor.
Jed D

31st Jan 13 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont understand why people use bodge shafts and standard hubs and go through loads of c.v's... why not buy the proper ones and now break c.v;s as much and save money in the long run
davegreen
Premium Member

31st Jan 13 at 08:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good point jed, big engine big shafts. do it right or dont do it at all. my corsa b is still on the cavs 2l cvs with motorsport shafts. never given me any trouble.
simonXE

31st Jan 13 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did want to buy the shafts and replace them both. But was finding it to hard to locate what ones I need tbh
7unner172

31st Jan 13 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got a set of shafts of a redtop astra gte here £30 for the 2
simonXE

31st Jan 13 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would they fit straight on to a corsa?
7unner172

31st Jan 13 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not 100% sure but some one will be able to confirm
simonXE

31st Jan 13 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok well I've sorted mine for now. Might have them off you though if they fit
monkeytwizzel

31st Jan 13 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Simonxe how many splines did your shaft have,was it 22 or 25? As others have said if you have not got the larger shafts it might pay to do them and it doesn`t cost to much to do the hub conversion!
Jed D

31st Jan 13 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Griffin-Autosport-Racing/118117631589667?fref=ts

all the proper hub's/shafts available here ^^^
monkeytwizzel

31st Jan 13 at 23:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You don`t need to buy it from companies like them as cav/cali and astra shafts can be used,Get the hubs machined to use audi/golf syncro bearings and vauxhall 2L hub flanges altered to fit.
davegreen
Premium Member

1st Feb 13 at 06:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you do upgrade your hubs its best to use cav hubs with audi bearings in remachined carriers rather than so called motor sport 2l hubs in corsa wheel bearings. much stronger way of doing it. plenty of threads on here with part numbers, details etc.
monkeytwizzel

3rd Feb 13 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

davegreen exactly the way i see it,why pay more for something you can sort out yourselve as good and cheaper.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Which driveshaft for corsa B c20xe 22 database queries in 0.0192280 seconds