corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa SRi Z20LET

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa SRi Z20LET
JoshSRi

User status: Offline
25th Jan 13 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know you’re not the biggest fans of Corsa C’s on here, but thought I’d share mine on here anyway! Hopefully you all like it! It’s a Sapphire Black 1.8 SRi model, I bought it completely standard back in 2009 but don’t have any pictures of it. Within a week of getting it I’d lowered it 40mm on Apex springs.

After a couple of months of owning it I’d done a few other things, I replaced the standard exhaust system with a custom stainless steel exhaust with a 5”x3” oval back box. I managed to get a set of 16” Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2’s super cheap, so couldn’t resist buying them! I also lowered the back a little more, with a set of 60mm springs and got some smoked angel eye headlights.

I decided that I wanted to replace the front grille with a badgeless one, I got very lucky and managed to swap my bumper for a bumper with a Steinmetz grille and Cupra R lower splitter. The wheels I’d bought weren’t in the best condition ever, my friend had a mint condition set of matte black Pro Race 1.2’s and said he’d swapped mine for them with a bit of money his way.

Unhappy with the ride height and handling, I replaced the springs with a set of FK Silverline coilovers and fitted a Whiteline rear anti roll bar. I also uprated the brakes to 280mm Meriva brakes at some point.

At this point someone keyed my car, meaning that the rear quarter needed a respray. I decided to make the best of a bad situation and got one side painted along with getting an Irmscher front splitter and Irmscher side skirts fitted!

I began on a couple of interior modifications at this point; I fitted a 280mm Momo Team steering wheel, Carelli leather bucket seats, stripped out the rear and fitted an OMP rear strut brace. Unfortunately I don’t have any pictures of this, and the seats and strut brace have since been replaced with Cobra Monaco Pro’s and a Wiechers Sport bolt in rear strut brace.
The car went back into the bodyshop for a full respray, colour code, badboy bonnet and flushed boot fitted.

Team Dynamics had started to become really common on Corsa C’s, so I decided to started looking for some wheels. I saw a set of 4x100 Compomotive TH2’s for sale and couldn’t resist them! Won’t be to everyone’s tastes, but I absolutely love them. I managed to get a set of Hi-Spec 4 pot brakes for a steal, so got them fitted as well!

I’d had a John Ashley decat manifold on the car for a while, unfortunately the manifold cracked, and knowing it wasn’t the best exhaust out there I decided to replace it with a full Piper 4-2-1 system with sports cat and 3” outwardly rolled tip.

That pretty much brings it up to date, here’s a spec list:

Engine Modifications
Piper 4-1 manifold
Piper sports cat & centre section
Piper back box with 3" outwardly rolled tip
Dbilas Flowmaster
Sparkling Graphite engine and fuse box covers

Suspension Modifications
Hi Spec 285mm 4 pot front brakes with braided hoses
Black Diamond grooved rear discs with EBC Greenstuff pads
FK Rear springs
Powerflex bushes (front ARB, wishbones and rear beam)
Spax RSX coilovers
Wiechers Sport front strut brace
Wiechers Sport rear strut brace
Whiteline RARB

Interior Modifications
280mm Momo Team steering wheel with Momo boss kit
Black alcantara gaiters
Carbon fiber rear door cards
Cobra Monaco Pro bucket seats
TRS 4 point harnesses
Stripped out rear seats
Lockwood SRi door sill protectors
Pioneer DEH-P5100UB Headunit
Alpine SPR-17S Components

Exterior Modifications
Extended bonnet and front wings
Colour coded arches
Hydraulic bonnet lifters
Irmscher splitter
Irmscher side skirts
Phase 2 smoked angel eyes with 8000k 55w HID's
Smoothed boot
Smoothed petrol cap
Steinmetz front grille
Team Heko Wind Deflectors
Tinted rear fog lights
Tinted side repeaters
16" Anthracite Compomotive TH2's
205/40 Avon ZZ3's
Stud conversion with anodised red nuts

I hope you all like it!

[Edited on 25-01-2013 by JoshSRi]

[Edited on 09-06-2013 by JoshSRi]

[Edited on 20-07-2013 by JoshSRi]
Norcy91

25th Jan 13 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't know you were a member on here, I was looking at Corsa C's a while ago, you gave me a bit of info on them! I had a Glacier White Corsa B Sport at the time, i'm in that Fast Show thread you were invited to on facebook

Love the car by the way!
ArdenblueDan

25th Jan 13 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has this been featured in total vauxhall bud cause it is stunning
JoshSRi

25th Jan 13 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Norcy91
Didn't know you were a member on here, I was looking at Corsa C's a while ago, you gave me a bit of info on them! I had a Glacier White Corsa B Sport at the time, i'm in that Fast Show thread you were invited to on facebook

Love the car by the way!

I remember! I've been registered on here for a while now, only just made my first post today though.

Ahh right, I'm not showing on Godfrey's stand. I'd already had TFS all sorted before I'd been invited to that group!

Thanks!
quote:
Originally posted by ArdenblueDan
Has this been featured in total vauxhall bud cause it is stunning

It was featured last month! Thanks mate!
NathanR

25th Jan 13 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Josh!! Nice to you put a thread up on here matey . Got any of the pictures from the TV shoot you could post up ? Looks bloody clean mate too .
ArdenblueDan

25th Jan 13 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought so when I read it I instantly thought to myself what a stunner you can see the hard work that's gone into it mate its beautiful
ArdenblueDan

Yours will be next Nath
Norcy91

I'll have to make sure I come and look at your car, the wheels suit it perfectly!
JoshSRi

25th Jan 13 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by NathanR
Josh!! Nice to you put a thread up on here matey . Got any of the pictures from the TV shoot you could post up ? Looks bloody clean mate too .

Jamie posted out a CD with all the photos on today, so I will post them up when they get here!

Thanks.
quote:
I thought so when I read it I instantly thought to myself what a stunner you can see the hard work that's gone into it mate its beautiful

Cheers!
NathanR

25th Jan 13 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one dude . So have you got anything in the pipeline or you just going to maintain it ? Recall seeing on ccuk you were planning on boosting it at one point ?
JoshSRi

25th Jan 13 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yours will be next Nath

Nath's definitely deserves it!

quote:
I'll have to make sure I come and look at your car, the wheels suit it perfectly!

What do you drive now? I'll look out for you! Thanks, bit controversial but I think they work!

quote:
Originally posted by NathanR
Nice one dude . So have you got anything in the pipeline or you just going to maintain it ? Recall seeing on ccuk you were planning on boosting it at one point ?

I wouldn't mind painting the interior black, I have loads of cans of paint in my room ready to do it. Other than that I've not really got any plans for it.

I was planning a Z20LET conversion, but after speaking to a couple of owners I was put off the idea unfortunately.
Norcy91

25th Jan 13 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JoshSRi

quote:

What do you drive now? I'll look out for you! Thanks, bit controversial but I think they work!

I've got an R53 Mini Cooper S now, with a stainless cat back system, custom air intake, and soon to have a 15% reduced supercharger pulley as of Friday next week! It's nothing fancy, but the performance for the money is great! Think my car choice is more controversial than your choice of wheels
Christopher

25th Jan 13 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

:O looks great! Some serious money spent on this! Needs some vids of the piper system
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

25th Jan 13 at 23:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very nice this Josh,so much money and effort have gone into this. Your's and Nath's are the nicest black C's about.

Congrats on ya feature too,great read!

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
JoshSRi

25th Jan 13 at 23:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I've got an R53 Mini Cooper S now, with a stainless cat back system, custom air intake, and soon to have a 15% reduced supercharger pulley as of Friday next week! It's nothing fancy, but the performance for the money is great! Think my car choice is more controversial than your choice of wheels

Ahh yeah, I've seen you comment on the group now I think about it!

I quite like the new Mini's. My mate had a JCW one and it flew!

quote:
Originally posted by Christopher
:O looks great! Some serious money spent on this! Needs some vids of the piper system

More than I care to admit. I've never done a video of my exhaust before, might do one if the weather picks up (which looking outside, won't be any time soon!)
JoshSRi

26th Jan 13 at 00:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DansCorsaSXi
Very nice this Josh,so much money and effort have gone into this. Your's and Nath's are the nicest black C's about.

Thanks Dan, I didn't think you were a fan.
sam-6

26th Jan 13 at 00:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really nice looking c mate! Love the wheels!!
wyley

26th Jan 13 at 00:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stunning looking c man top work with a nice spec
davegreen
Premium Member

26th Jan 13 at 06:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good!
LukesCorsaSXi

26th Jan 13 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What do you mean we don't like C's on here! This looks amazing! Not overly keen on the alloys, but love the rest!
JoshSRi

26th Jan 13 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LukesCorsaSXi
What do you mean we don't like C's on here! This looks amazing! Not overly keen on the alloys, but love the rest!

Just from browsing on here I got the impression that most people don't really like them.

It's actually back on the Pro Race 1.2's at the moment. Decided to take the Comp's off over winter!
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

26th Jan 13 at 12:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Haha never said that dude,I posted that pic on Instagram just saying they need to feature Nath's aswell. Nothing against your's mate.

Looks awesome!!

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
Bprice91

26th Jan 13 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fucking love those alloys different from at the speedlines,comps,d90's etc agree with above yours and nath's best black c's ive ever seen
JoshSRi

26th Jan 13 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Haha never said that dude,I posted that pic on Instagram just saying they need to feature Nath's aswell. Nothing against your's mate.

Looks awesome!!

It's all good! I agree with you, Nath's does deserve it!

quote:
Originally posted by Bprice91
fucking love those alloys different from at the speedlines,comps,d90's etc agree with above yours and nath's best black c's ive ever seen

Cheers mate!
JoshSRi

29th Jan 13 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa SRi Z20LET 24 database queries in 0.0979419 seconds