corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Bit of Market Research.

Poll: Bit of Market Research.
Yes 8 (72.73%)
No 3 (27.27%)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bit of Market Research.
Tommy

User status: Offline
12th Jan 13 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you wanted to go and see a sporting event E.g a football match would you use an APP that lets you find out if anyone has spare tickets that they want to sell so you could buy them.

Any comments welcome.
Gaz

12th Jan 13 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would but isn't this a form of ticket touting?
deano87

12th Jan 13 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes - if I knew about it and there was no more tickets through official means.

Man Utd used to do this type of thing for people that couldn't make the game. Was all official and above board.
Dave

12th Jan 13 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like seatwave?
Dom

12th Jan 13 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Usually use Seatwave, Viagogo or eBay (which there are either phone apps or mobile sites). Obviously there are plenty of other sites that do this and there are the legal aspects (either reselling or users selling fakes).
andys sxi
Premium Member

13th Jan 13 at 12:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes I would, there's pages on twitter that people advertise man united tickets

April 08 feature car
deano87

13th Jan 13 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Having a mobile/tablet app/optimised site is going to be the key to this.
Tommy

13th Jan 13 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There would be an APP and Web page etc. The app is going to incorporate few other ideas we have.

Keep the views coming if you could.
deano87

13th Jan 13 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah. It is a pain in the arse being on a PC at 8am to get tickets when they're likely to sell out in 30 seconds. Having the convenience of phone or tablet would be great.

Is this a Uni project or genuine business idea?

The key to this will be 1) generating enough interest 2) affiliating with the major ticket vendors so it is seen as official with 0% scam.
Nath

13th Jan 13 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some football clubs have a twitter account for this kind of thing, run by fans usually.
Dom

13th Jan 13 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
Yeah. It is a pain in the arse being on a PC at 8am to get tickets when they're likely to sell out in 30 seconds. Having the convenience of phone or tablet would be great.

Most of the big ticket vendors already have mobile sites/apps, same with resellers like Seatwave; so there's no issue there.

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy
There would be an APP and Web page etc.

Assuming a 'web page' is a mobile site, can i ask why you're wanting both? Unless you're planning to use native functionality of the phone (ie: functions that aren't accessible via mobile frameworks) then there is little to no advantage having an app (most 'site' driven apps tend to be compiled mobile sites anyway ie: use Phonegap or Nimblekit). You're better off having a decent mobile site as it opens you up to a wider audience.

Again, you need to seek out some solid legal advise especially with regards to reselling tickets, more so if you're planning to resell football tickets as it's illegal under the criminal justice and public order act unless you have an agreement with the original vendor (you might be ok with smaller clubs getting an arrangement in place, going to be uphill struggle with the larger clubs though).

And not to piss on your bonfire but unless you have something truly unique (having an 'app' isn't this) then you're putting yourself in a well established field with huge companies that have vast budgets - the saying 'pissing in the wind' springs to mind.
A2H GO

13th Jan 13 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
Originally posted by deano87

Most of the big ticket vendors already have mobile sites/apps, same with resellers like Seatwave; so there's no issue there.

quote:
There would be an APP and Web page etc.

quote:

the saying 'pissing in the wind' springs to mind.

Bit harsh.

[Edited on 13-01-2013 by A2H GO]
Dom

13th Jan 13 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO

Bit harsh.

Perhaps. And if Tommy does have an epic unique product then all the best to him, i hope it's a success and he'll be able to show us more in the future.

But so far it sounding like a product that's already been done with 'having an app' pedalling the idea (creating an app doesn't make the idea unique, nor does wanting one because 'everyone else has one' a valid reason either - hear that line far too often from clients).
A2H GO

13th Jan 13 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nowadays finding something that hasn't already been done is nigh on impossible, it's all about doing it better.

That said, I've had an idea for a app for ages and keep checking the store to see if it's been done yet, it hasn't which either means it's a rubbish idea or no one has genuinely thought of it.
Tommy

13th Jan 13 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As far as im aware there is no APP or website that does what is planned. Just wanted some feedback from you lot, never no in 6 months you could be saying "I was part of that"

I realise its a very long shot that a decent amount of money would be made but its worth a punt IMO.
Dom

13th Jan 13 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
As far as im aware there is no APP or website that does what is planned. Just wanted some feedback from you lot, never no in 6 months you could be saying "I was part of that"

I realise its a very long shot that a decent amount of money would be made but its worth a punt IMO.

Which case, all the best with it and i hope it works out

But again, seek legal advise especially if you plan to resell football tickets as it could make things very messy. Not exactly sure where you'd stand in this but potentially if the idea was Gumtree-esque and the transaction was offsite then you might be able to skirt around the legalities but it does limit where you generate your revenue.

New Poll