corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » New phone upgrade

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New phone upgrade
cunningham

User status: Offline
3rd Jan 13 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Currently with orange and have just finished 2 years with I phone 4. Off to the shops to look at upgrades but don't have a clue what I want. I've always had I phones but folk go on about these android phones usually nexus 4 and s3 but I not ave a clue. Can anyone offer any ideas or what each phones strengths and weaknesses are failing that will trade 4 in and just get I phone 5 but feel strangely drawn to a change.
LeeM

3rd Jan 13 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you have ipads and macs? thats the main reason to stick with iphones really.
android can take some getting used to, things arent quite as intuitive as ios in my experience but most apps are available for both now
cunningham

3rd Jan 13 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got an iPad the mrs has 4s don't think the 5 is much of an improvement over the 4
Jay

5th Jan 13 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine runs out in April currently got an iPhone 4 getting a sim only and not bothering with the upgrade, 18 months at £40 is just daft considering the new iPhones not noticeably different in real world terms, my dads got an iPhone and pays £6.90 a month for the sim only
Sam
Premium Member

5th Jan 13 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is that with 3?
Jay

5th Jan 13 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah
LeeM

5th Jan 13 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in all honesty the iphone 5 is noticeably faster at just about everything than the 4, but thats to be expected and i guess ios6 has a lot to do with that.
i'll only upgrade if the cost is worth it, probably when the 5s comes out and i can have a 5 for free
Jay

5th Jan 13 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Granted, like the iPhone 4 is noticeably faster than the 3GS but I'm used to this and can't justify the monthly bill anymore. Just my opinion anyway.
Sam
Premium Member

7th Jan 13 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My contract is up for renewal in March. Unless a new iPhone comes out that makes me think, "wow, this phone is AWESOME!!" then I'm just going to go for a £10/month SIM only 30 day contract, as my nearly 2 year old iPhone 4 is still going strong and is not behaving like a Nokia phone yet...
cunningham

7th Jan 13 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wnet for the samsung galaxy in the end. Got ulimited min ulimited texts and 1 gig of data for 36 a month gave me 50 quid out the till aswell and sold my iphone 4 for 170 quid so im very happy
A2H GO

7th Jan 13 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another convert, wonder when this trend will start to be reflected in Apples sales figures and market share. No signs yet.
Simon_16v

8th Jan 13 at 07:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
My contract is up for renewal in March. Unless a new iPhone comes out that makes me think, "wow, this phone is AWESOME!!" then I'm just going to go for a £10/month SIM only 30 day contract, as my nearly 2 year old iPhone 4 is still going strong and is not behaving like a Nokia phone yet...

I will be doing this after my iPhone 5 contract has finished, unless the next iPhone is dramtically different to the one I've got I'm sim-free.
Hammer

8th Jan 13 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got a 5 through work, but for that I would have kept using my 4S until it broke.

I actually prefer the 4S as when you put it in your pocket with keys or some coins it doesn't come out looking as if it has been thrown on the floor and stomped all over.
Andrew

8th Jan 13 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam

This is what i will be doing also. I currently have a HTC One S which i cannot get used to after having an iPhone for the past 4 years. Seems slow and buggy imo! I will be buying an iPhone outright and getting a sim only deal in 12 months when my contract is due for renewal.

New Poll