corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Rear Disc conversion Handbrake cable?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rear Disc conversion Handbrake cable?
iby

User status: Offline
30th Dec 12 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK guys, In the end I decided to put rear discs on the V6 red corsa as I had them anyway and if I wanted drums I would have to buy a new set so this way it's a little cheaper.

Anyway, There are no springs or hooks on the calipers for a handbrake cable to clip on to. I'm not sure from which car the calipers came from. Would anyone have any idea as to where a handbrake cable should clonk onto?

And I've also heard its a Nova short cable and a astra long cable or something? Can someone confirm which cables I need?

Google doesn't provide much info on this on :L

Thanks
Steve
Premium Member

30th Dec 12 at 09:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pics may help
iby

30th Dec 12 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry

I have pics from yesterday, it was at night however I will get you some in about an hours time when I go back to the garage and there is plenty of *light*.

Thanks

[Edited on 30-12-2012 by iby]
daine
Premium Member

30th Dec 12 at 10:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iby, put disc on the back of mine!, Calibra, there should be an arm comes through the back plate, this is what the cable goes over.
the spring then goes through a hole in the end of that, pull towards the back of car and it goes through a hole in
the back plate, just above the caliper.
iby

30th Dec 12 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

honestly, I can't visualize it unfortunately. You wouldn't have any pics would you?

I couldn't see anything on the calliper itself where I can suspect the cable goes through.

I'll double check again and take some pics in the mean time to upload here.

Thanks for your help. I just don't want to fit it all in and then find out it can't be done lol.
daine
Premium Member

30th Dec 12 at 10:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When you fitted them! did they have the small brake shoes in the middle of the hub!?!?!?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Rear Disc conversion Handbrake cable? 22 database queries in 0.0103281 seconds