corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Far Cry 3

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Far Cry 3
Balling
Premium Member

User status: Offline
26th Nov 12 at 09:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anybody getting this? Seeing as Hitman was an utter disappointment, I think I'll give this a go.

Seems to be getting amazing reviews (which counts for fuck all, going by Hitman Absolution).

Really enjoyed Far Cry 2 even though I don't think I ever finished it.

3CorsaMeal

26th Nov 12 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i want it after seeing the advert, not played any of the others
chris_uk
Premium Member

26th Nov 12 at 09:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I felt a little let down with the second, it was good but felt like it got a little repetative..

If they tweaked some issues from the second one like the outposts respawning all the enemies after 30 seconds then i think it will be worth playing.

I fear tho that in this day n age the aaa titles are becoming not so aaa. They just put a load of quantity in but scrape on the quality.

You get points for killing this, that, etc, you get perks, silky achievements bla bla.. Its all publishers (because lets face it, very few actually allow the devs free range) seem to care about.. That and 'features' oh our game has this that and the other forcing it down your throat all the time.

But back to FC3, yea looking forward to trying it out, might tear me away from DayZ for a bit lol
Balling
Premium Member

26th Nov 12 at 10:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
If they tweaked some issues from the second one like the outposts respawning all the enemies after 30 seconds then i think it will be worth playing.
That pissed me right off with FC2!

I loved sneaking around with a silenced weapon, though, taking out guards one by one. Or luring NPC's in to dead ends and trapping them with fire.

Balling
Premium Member

26th Nov 12 at 10:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, the exploring aspect of FC2 was awesome. Running around in the jungle discovering hidden places and objects.

chris_uk
Premium Member

26th Nov 12 at 14:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes they are some of the better aspects of the game.

I just hope its decent, but that said ive seen vids and there are points flashing around everywhere for anything what you do. This nakes ne very sad.

You would like dayz.
Balling
Premium Member

26th Nov 12 at 14:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mac and PS3 user, so not much luck regarding DayZ...

I know what you mean regarding points, xp, perks etc. that it often gets too much. But implemented correctly, it's also the sort of thing that can really make a game for me.

The XP, skills and levelling up in games like Deus Ex and Fallout 3 was perfect and helped keep me engaged in the game.

chris_uk
Premium Member

26th Nov 12 at 15:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well the 2 you mention are rpg's so you expect that system in them, normally they are the best systems aswell when it comes to points etc, but again you dont see numbers floating up your screen just because you pressed a button to open a door of shot someone in the face.

Its that which boils my piss.
Marc

26th Nov 12 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got sick of drving everywhere and having maleria!

Was good fun over Christmas though.
Balling
Premium Member

29th Nov 12 at 10:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
you dont see numbers floating up your screen just because you pressed a button to open a door of shot someone in the face.
You don't see that in FC2 or FC3 either though!? Actually looking at FC3 in-game videos, you don't appear to even have a HUD on screen.

chris_uk
Premium Member

29th Nov 12 at 10:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was meaning in general, cod for example.
.Matt

30th Nov 12 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If your interested in Far Cry 3 then maybe you should check out the Live Action Video,

Featuring McLovin....

Only 4 Episodes so far, but pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/show/thefarcryexperience
Balling
Premium Member

30th Nov 12 at 13:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will check that out later!

Will also be picking up FC3 on my way home from work.

Balling
Premium Member

30th Nov 12 at 23:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Couple of hours in and this is very, very good.

Weapons don't wear out like in FC2.

No outposts with constantly re-spawning soldiers.

There's a lot of RPG elements like XP and skill unlocks. Skills are unlocked in a grid similar to the system used in Deus Ex.

You have to hunt animals and collect their skin to level up you inventory, which works pretty well. Certain skins can be used for certain stuff and some animals can be tricky to find.

Weapons can be unlocked by purchasing them or picking them up from soldiers. Once a weapon is unlocked you can pick it up for free as well as purchase upgrades (red-dot, silencer etc.) from any safe house.

Outpost can be conquered and turned in to safe houses, after which you can fast travel between them, so not as many hours wasted driving, as in FC2.

As said, it seems very, very good so far.

chris_uk
Premium Member

1st Dec 12 at 00:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i can honestly say that this is actually not as bad as i first thought it would be..

im going to invest some more time in it tomorrow, just bought a bow and i have to do a silent mission now.

only thing im not keen on so far is being able to tag enemies and see them through the walls.. i wonder if you can remove that..
Roffo

1st Dec 12 at 01:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really enjoying it so far.

Characters are interesting, nice to look at, lots of extra bits to do.

XSIHardy

1st Dec 12 at 07:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glad you lot are making decent comments never played the 1st two but heared mixed comments. Just purchased this and I have too say I'm really impressed. Over all been a very good past few months for gaming !

Having said that.... Very disappointed in the money aspect off things I can buy the most powerfull gun with attachments
2 hours into the game some aspects off progression are a bit off a let sown

[Edited on 01-12-2012 by XSIHardy]
Balling
Premium Member

1st Dec 12 at 09:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
im going to invest some more time in it tomorrow, just bought a bow and i have to do a silent mission now.
Are you doing a lot of the side quest that are available when you take over an outpost? Did a few but thought they were lame, so didn't bother with them...

chris_uk
Premium Member

1st Dec 12 at 11:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not really, no.

the feeling you get when shooting the guns feels quite nice too.
Balling
Premium Member

1st Dec 12 at 12:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep, shooting people is a real joy in this game. Unlike a certain third person "shooter" recently released.

I just got mauled to death by a tiger.
Those bastards take a hell of a lot of shots to go down.

chris_uk
Premium Member

2nd Dec 12 at 10:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea after a coupe more hours im starting to get annoyed..

there is a yellow dot that tells you where to go ALL the time! in the end all you do is floow that dot kill some shit and go back to a shed..

there is a lot of hand holding in this game, and although its an open world map, you dont seem to really want to explore, whats the point when it tells you where everything is on the map which is just one click away from a waypoint marker and they you are back to following a dot on screen..

its a shame because there are some fantastic mechanics they have worked on, like the shooting mechanic, feels really nice etc, even the driving mechanic is pretty decent, seems they have spend a long time with some thing but then just not bothered with others..

that map.. what a fucking mess that is.. and dont even get me started on the amount of times ive heard the enemies say the sam shit about it hurting to piss and they should of used a rubber! lol its like fucking fifa 13! same shit over and over and over!!
Eck
Premium Member

2nd Dec 12 at 10:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was watching my brother play this and one thing I noticed, was when he killed someone from a distance with a crossbow/Silenced M700, other enemies near by would immediately turn to his location. That's shit
chris_uk
Premium Member

2nd Dec 12 at 16:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not noticed that myself.
Marc

2nd Dec 12 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds just like Far Cry 2 from the last few posts!

Drive around, complete objective and back to shed to save and rest!
Balling
Premium Member

2nd Dec 12 at 19:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Sounds just like Far Cry 2 from the last few posts!

Drive around, complete objective and back to shed to save and rest!
Not at all. There's no resting and there's autosave at the start of any mision and some times at certain checkpoints. Besides the very basics, I find it vastly different from FC2.

While I agree with Chris that the game holds your hand a lot of the time, I don't agree that it's a big issue. The waypoint markers and map are no different from the likes of GTA.

I love how both stealth and brute force a liable options and one doesn't feel better or more effective than the other and you can't get through the game without either.

Collecting flowers to create potions is utterly lame and completely pointless and can be fully ignored, which seems pretty strange.

The real drive of this game is the story which I find pretty engaging. But most of all, it's just a big laugh a lot of the time! Firing flaming arrows in to marihuana fields, freeing a captured bear and watch it tear apart it's capturers or sneaking around a camp rigging it with C4 and blowing the whole shit up feels incredibly rewarding.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll