corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Connecting Dslr to iPad - lots of questions

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Connecting Dslr to iPad - lots of questions
Minty_Fresh

User status: Offline
24th Nov 12 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A friend of mine connects his Dslr to his iPad for editing and previewing pictures once he's took them.. (havnt got his number to contact him)

How does it work?
Is there a app needed?
Is there a app to convert raw pictures?
What's the best iPad app for editing?
andy1868

User status: Offline
17th Dec 12 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

abit late but i'll post anyway

there's afew way of attaching it to the ipad. One is the camera connection kit, comes with 2 adapters that go in the bottom of the ipad, one is USB so you can attach the camera straight with a cable. the other is an SD card slot. I think some of the ebay ones also have CF readers too, but i haven't used one so i don't know. No app is needed for this, the built in Photos app handles viewing and importing the pictures. This also views my NEF files from my Nikon D7000, you'll have to check compatibility with your camera.

fancier ways of doing it are buying an EyeFi card and downloading the EyeFi app, then it will shoot wirelessly and appear on the ipad like magic. I think it can take a while for Raw files to come through, but i haven't tried it first hand so i couldn't tell you. I don't know if the pictures stay on the ipad or whether you are just viewing them from the card in the camera.

3rd way is with Capture One Pro, which involves shooting the camera tethered to a PC/MAC, then the ipad sync-ing wirelessly with the PC to view the pictures on the ipad. I assume this isn't what you want because you want the pictures to stay on the ipad to edit?

For editing i have the iPhoto software available from Apple themselves, it works alright but tbh i've only used it once, i much prefer to do it on a PC with lightroom. Everything seems very hit and miss, i haven't tried any other software to date!

[Edited on 17-12-2012 by andy1868]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Connecting Dslr to iPad - lots of questions 23 database queries in 0.0079501 seconds