corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » new laptop, silly question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author new laptop, silly question
alan t

User status: Offline
24th Nov 12 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi folks, just bought a new laptop which has windows 8 on it but I really don't like the layout of it with the apps etc

Is there anyway to get it with a start menu again, just like the normal windows layout, last laptop had vista on it and I could work that no problem but this looks like a nightmare for me lol

Probably a stupid question but im not very clued up with this kind of thing.

Any help would be much appreciated
John

24th Nov 12 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are 3rd party applications that will give you similar functionality but if you put up with it for a week I'd bet on you getting used to it, I was really pissed off with it at first.

I've got icons for the stuff I use either on the desktop or pinned to the taskbar, one click takes me onto the desktop and it's almost the same as 7.

It's normally exactly the same stuff I use, if I need anything else, touch the windows key, then type the first couple of letters and it's there.
alan t

24th Nov 12 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for the reply john, hhmm al see how I get on, not liking it at all at the moment though!

New Poll