corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Getting screwed over by a seller. What to do?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Getting screwed over by a seller. What to do?
nibnob21
Premium Member

User status: Offline
21st Oct 12 at 12:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So I bought an exhaust off someone, not on here. Guy seemed legit, I made the silly mistake of paying by bank transfer.

Basically it never arrived. Messages went back and forth and he still seemed legit, just a bit incompetent. Then all of a sudden he stopped contacting me. The same day he was last online on this other site, a new ad pops up by him on a free ads site for the same exhaust.

I know the guy's name, I have his bank details, I have his home number and his address. I've found him on facebook and know the names of his sister and mum and dad.

Going to message him on facebook to see if he replies but I doubt he will. It's only £40 that I'm used to not having now seeing as it was all around a month ago, but it's the principle.

Anyone got any inventive ways of getting him back...or getting my money back? And don't be a hard man and suggest I 'send da boyz round'.

Cheers

MX5 Project Thread
Mattb

21st Oct 12 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Draft up a bogus letter in word from a solicitors office or debt collection agency and post it to him
make up some inventive content demading the money back etc
If that doesnt work, start sending letters to his mum, saying that as the next of kin she's responsible to ensuring he pays the debt or something...

[Edited on 21-10-2012 by Mattb]
Matty SRi

21st Oct 12 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mattb
If that doesnt work, start sending letters to his mum, saying that as the next of kin she's responsible for the funeral

[Edited on 21-10-2012 by Mattb]

[Edited on 21-10-2012 by Matty SRi]
Mattb

21st Oct 12 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corsaboii89

21st Oct 12 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just go to his house and demand eaither your money or the exhaust and your not leaving till you have 1 of the two if he fails to do that say you have no other option but to get the police involved as at the end of the day he has fraudulently optain your money and not sent the item witch you have paid for. as long as you still have all the e-mails and proof of payment ect he wont have a leg to stand on.
nibnob21
Premium Member

21st Oct 12 at 13:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't have the time to drive a 3 hour round trip for £40.

MX5 Project Thread
Ben G

21st Oct 12 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go to the house and ask for the money or exhaust.

3 hours for 40 quid may seem a bit silly but this guy has made a mug out of you.

He's not going to hit you as he'd be arrested, so whats the worry?
Nic Barnes

21st Oct 12 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id post about it on the internet so lots of people can make replies with things they'd never do themselves in your situation.
sc0ott

21st Oct 12 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What would you do nic barnes?
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

21st Oct 12 at 14:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A friend of mine got done like this with a bike, he ended up going through the police route and they took him to court. The scammer is now paying him back monthly

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
Ben G

21st Oct 12 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A good ending to one of these stories at last!

Out of interest, how much is he paying back each month? Seen it in the news before where people pay back £1 a month or something equally as daft.
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

21st Oct 12 at 14:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It started at £30 I think and now its gone up a bit to £50-£70

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
Nath

21st Oct 12 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
A good ending to one of these stories at last!

Out of interest, how much is he paying back each month? Seen it in the news before where people pay back £1 a month or something equally as daft.
. Yep. My boss had his bike nicked. They got the bloke and now my boss gets cheques every month totalling about £2. Farcical.
nibnob21
Premium Member

21st Oct 12 at 15:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ben G - As said already, I don't have the time to go for a 3 hour drive for the sake of £40.

Nic Barnes - Completely agree, it's easy for people to post 'Go round to his house, it's only going to take you half a day and about £40 in fuel, definitely worth it'. How many people hear can realistically afford to spend that time faffing about with something like this? Exactly.

Darryl - I'd hate to have to go down the police route, seems like a lot of effort. I have all messages from him saved, but not all messages sent to him saved. I can screen shot when he was last online and I obviously have a bank statement showing exactly when I sent him the money. I've checked the online registry to confirm his address is what he says it is. Just seems unusual for someone to hand out their genuine address, phone number and bank details...only to then screw you over?! Something just doesn't seem right about that.

MX5 Project Thread
colonel_g

21st Oct 12 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where does this guy live?
nibnob21
Premium Member

21st Oct 12 at 15:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stoke on Trent.

MX5 Project Thread
corsa120

21st Oct 12 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was gonna sk same where is he? if he lives close to somebody bit of paint stripper wont go a miss lol
nibnob21
Premium Member

21st Oct 12 at 15:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or if someone lives close they could just go round pretending they're me and ask for the money/exhaust.

Postcode is in the ST3 area.

MX5 Project Thread
nathy_87

21st Oct 12 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not that far from me tbh. About 35 min drive tbh.
nibnob21
Premium Member

21st Oct 12 at 15:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wouldn't expect anyone to drive 35mins for me lol. Just if someone lived in the area. Might just message him on fb and see if I get a reply.

MX5 Project Thread
nathy_87

21st Oct 12 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was going to sya it'd cost ya £40 in petrol Just kidding. I've got mates that live in Stoke could ask them to go round if they dont live too far?
Generation

21st Oct 12 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fake letter seems bet option..

Then keep posting letters to
His mum.. Mums nag like crazy
nibnob21
Premium Member

21st Oct 12 at 16:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I was thinking of just writing to his parents. From the online register it seems as though he's registered at his parents house so telling his parents about him being a turd is probably my best bet.

MX5 Project Thread
corsa120

21st Oct 12 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

send a letter like you say and one day later post a proffesional letter (fake) from a pretend solicitor and say in the first letter from yourself that a solicitor will be in touch unless its resolved within a week! and the second letter should arrive which might scare him into sorting it out..... if not id pay u petrol to come up and beat the shit out of him myslef with some mates as i fucking hate cunts like this, hell id even cunt punt his mrs too for being with such a prick
Carl

21st Oct 12 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Happened to me years ago on 306 gti site, via bank transfer. he lived in Wales this guy. Stuart Middleton, went the name vetch. Owned an Alfa at 1 point. Might cost him more than he robbed if I'm ever close to where he lives.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Getting screwed over by a seller. What to do? 23 database queries in 0.0141931 seconds