corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Black Ops 2

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Black Ops 2
Nath

User status: Offline
16th Oct 12 at 07:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does the more expensive version have free DLC? Or is it just a couple of maps and some booklets and shit that nobody actually wants?
BarnshaW

16th Oct 12 at 07:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont think it has free DLC, think it has extra zombie map, some fancy case and some extra titles/soundtracks, if you got elite you get the DLC for free
Nath

16th Oct 12 at 08:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sure I read Elite is free though.
BarnshaW

16th Oct 12 at 08:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

full elite isnt free, think its circa £35 a year.
AdZ9

16th Oct 12 at 08:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't know whether to pre-order it from Play and hope it arrives on the Monday so I can play it from midnight on Monday (I've got two days off work - i've 'treated' myself to a nerd day of gaming!)

I don't know whether Play is reliable in getting the games to you in time, or whether I drive somewhere and queue up at Midnight :S
Brett
Premium Member

16th Oct 12 at 08:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The most expensive version comes with a remote chopper and care package box, plus the zombie nuketown map, etc.
Nath

16th Oct 12 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
full elite isnt free, think its circa £35 a year.

http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/call-of-duty-elite-to-become-a-free-service-with-black-ops-2-1104671

So a 'season pass' isn't just maps? It's other Elite stuff?
Nath

16th Oct 12 at 09:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
The most expensive version comes with a remote chopper and care package box, plus the zombie nuketown map, etc.

Hmm, is it worth it? I've only ever bought the poverty spec before.
Brett
Premium Member

16th Oct 12 at 09:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not really, not unless you want a branded remote control chopper?

I want to get the normal version this time round, but if that means I can't have nuketown zombies I might have to reconsider. I'm not interested in DLC tho, not this time, it's shite. I generally hate the new maps. The only map I liked on MW3 was Terminal and that was free for everyone anyway! The face off and all that shite is just crap and I'm not interested.
Christopher

16th Oct 12 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Elite is a con! :/ Wish they went back to the good old days where you bought the map pack for a 5er!

[Edited on 16-10-2012 by Christopher]
BarnshaW

16th Oct 12 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if your not really that into it then its not worth it, if you play alot and play in a team then it really is worth it.

we play with a few members on here and often do the challenges every week online, you get double xp , win new titles and emblems etc, if you get highest scores in the challenges you can win prizes like holidays and stuff.

the new maps are also pretty good that came out last week or week before so for £35 for the whole year its not bad at all.
Nath

16th Oct 12 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Not really, not unless you want a branded remote control chopper?

I want to get the normal version this time round, but if that means I can't have nuketown zombies I might have to reconsider. I'm not interested in DLC tho, not this time, it's shite. I generally hate the new maps. The only map I liked on MW3 was Terminal and that was free for everyone anyway! The face off and all that shite is just crap and I'm not interested.

I don't want to miss out on Nuketown, that's all I'm really bothered about. Agreed on DLC, on all COD games I've only ever bought one map pack.
Steve
Premium Member

16th Oct 12 at 10:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UK-20C-11-1V-1380mAh-Battery-Parrot-AR-Drone-2-0-Quadcopter-Upgrade-Battery-/310421043079?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item4846893787
Nath

16th Oct 12 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stop spamming my thread or I'll tell Nic.
Cavey

16th Oct 12 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't want to pay the £35 for the year originally, but in fairness, it's been worth it, lots of new maps, and Chaos mode is mental on MW3

I'll probably pick up BO3 from Asda or Sainsburys, usually have a deal on release day/day after
Brett
Premium Member

16th Oct 12 at 12:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
I don't want to miss out on Nuketown, that's all I'm really bothered about. Agreed on DLC, on all COD games I've only ever bought one map pack.

The worst bit about DLC on elite is that yes, you get it a month early, but you're forced to play the bullshit game modes they've selected to release them on in the elite playlists, annoys me.
Y869 SRA

16th Oct 12 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I always used to buy the map packs but on BOps I only got the first and didn't get any for MW3. I played the packs round mates and know I'm not missing much tbh.
SXI - Matt

22nd Oct 12 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DLC? What's this? Deciding between the normal and elite is the £20 more worth it over the normal £40 standard edition?

[Edited on 22-10-2012 by SXI - Matt]
BarnshaW

9th Nov 12 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

next week
A2H GO

9th Nov 12 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never bought any of the maps packs, from what I've heard none of them are ever as good as the ones that come with the game anyway.
Brett
Premium Member

9th Nov 12 at 12:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it a necessity that I pre-order so I can get Nuketown 2025 map?
Cavey

9th Nov 12 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
Never bought any of the maps packs, from what I've heard none of them are ever as good as the ones that come with the game anyway.

depends on how much you play it really, you get towards 10 hours or so on the same 8 or 9 maps and it begins to get a bit boring, new maps keep it fresher, also, the new DLC has new game modes, and new survival maps etc... for single player. Chaos is great, makes your eyes bleed a bit though
Nath

9th Nov 12 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Is it a necessity that I pre-order so I can get Nuketown 2025 map?

Not sure, but I pre-ordered on Tesco (not hardened) and that was included in the promo.
A2H GO

9th Nov 12 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO

depends on how much you play it really, you get towards 10 hours or so on the same 8 or 9 maps and it begins to get a bit boring, new maps keep it fresher, also, the new DLC has new game modes, and new survival maps etc... for single player. Chaos is great, makes your eyes bleed a bit though

10 hours, I have around 5 days gamplay on BO and MW3 and still never felt the need to get extra maps.
Brett
Premium Member

9th Nov 12 at 13:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same here I had 33days played on Black Ops one and never bought a single add on

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll