corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa D steering wheel buttons

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa D steering wheel buttons
RyanCorsa99

User status: Offline
15th Oct 12 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So basically my little 1.0 b's timing chain finally gave in so ive bought a brand new corsa d.

What i want to know is the model i have bought (corsa S) doesnt have the steering wheel buttons, but im wondering if i get some buttons from a srappy would they be fit-able? is there likely to be wiring there for them?

Also vauxhall website says corsa S has lowered sports suspension as standard.... is this true? looks the same as all the rest to be honest?
Ian
Site Administrator

16th Oct 12 at 00:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They're unlikely to need wiring in as I think they'll interface to the CAN bus.

Probably need enabling with a Tech 2, assuming your radio supports them.
davegreen
Premium Member

16th Oct 12 at 05:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check with your dealer but yes if the radio is compatable it should work once its been pluged into tech2. think its an option when you get low spec models as is the radio/sat nav.
Ojc

16th Oct 12 at 05:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only SXi/SRi has updated suspension with slightly stiffer/lower springs.
RyanCorsa99

16th Oct 12 at 06:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Okay, i know the headunit itsself is the same as the ones with the steering wheel controls. Just wondered if it would be straight plug and play as the non control wheels ook a bit pants.

And thats what i thought OJC but i read it on the vauxhall website on the specs and though, aaang on a minute.
davegreen
Premium Member

16th Oct 12 at 20:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you are thinking of changing your suspention i can highly recomend bilstien b8 kits, ive got them on my sxi and its great to drive, droped approx 15mm from origanal set up, 30mm on a standard car. they do a 50mm drop kit to.
RyanCorsa99

16th Oct 12 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for the advice davegreen but since im buying it brand new i dont want to do anything to void the warranty, stricting OE stuff to begin with.

Thinking gloss black interior bits from a vxr (currently has the horrible tacky silver bits), anthraciting the standard alloys, and putting the VX styling body pack on it for now
davegreen
Premium Member

17th Oct 12 at 05:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i agree with changing the silver trim, spoils it going change mine to.if you are buying it new make sure you get all the options you want from the start total cost will be cheaper in the long run.
RyanCorsa99

17th Oct 12 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i hae got most the things i want. really want the satnav radio but wasnt an option on the S

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa D steering wheel buttons 22 database queries in 0.0139101 seconds