corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Anyone on TalkTalk's Fibre + YouView service?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone on TalkTalk's Fibre + YouView service?
dannymccann

User status: Offline
11th Oct 12 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm on their phone + upto 8mb package at £14.50 / month, and I am happy with what I am getting. Got a letter through the post offering free installation for their upto 38mb fibre package, for only an extra £10 a month, thinking I will go with that, but when I visited the site I see they are doing YouView boxes for free, however to get Phone TV + Fibre it will jump to £39 a month...

That's getting on for Sky prices (admittedly better broadband...) without the channel choice, just wondering if anyone has used their YouView service (or their Fibre internet) and can give a review of it? Speed? Reliability (connection and box itself)? The EPG and recording quality, the EPG being pretty important to me because the one on the upstairs telly is a bag of shit so I have to use my phone
John

11th Oct 12 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you can get fibre from talk talk you can probably get fibre from sky.

I'd be taking sky.
dannymccann

11th Oct 12 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its kind of a principle thing that I don't want to go with sky or bt because on the occasions I have had contracts with them they have pissed me off with shocking customer service and sharing my details with certain third party orgganisations!
John

11th Oct 12 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are all as bad as each other, I've actually just cancelled sky out of their complete incompetence. Talk talk aren't any better if something goes wrong.

Sky's products are better though.
Sam
Premium Member

11th Oct 12 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With Sky you get free WiFi access on The Cloud (i.e. in places like Wetherspoons etc.)
Matty SRi

11th Oct 12 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hope talkalk are decent because i get mine installed on the 22nd after waiting 6 weeks!
dannymccann

11th Oct 12 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I seriously cannot imagine any use I would get for that though Sam, I have HSDPA on my phone?
Nismo

12th Oct 12 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im with Talk Talk, i havent had any issues, but as said I wouldnt like to have to call them up.

I cancelled my SKY HD ages ago and hate not having the means to record, I was going to buy a hUmax PVR but noticed for an extra 7 quid a month i can get a youview box, so I am quite tempted now.

They offered my a 70mb fibre but im quite content on my 10mb connection and dont feel the need to upgrade for an extra 180 quid per year.

pow
Premium Member

12th Oct 12 at 09:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Talktalk have the worst internet service I have ever ever experienced. It's slow, it drops out and their supplied devices are SHOCKING
Whittie

12th Oct 12 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
With Sky you get free WiFi access on The Cloud (i.e. in places like Wetherspoons etc.)

I get that anyway, strange
A2H GO

12th Oct 12 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mrs Mum and Dad have TalkTalk, shocking, seems to drop out numerous times every time I try and use the bloody thing.

Nis - Same as you, we cancelled Sky as were not using anything other than 1-5 anyway, but miss the record feature. Had a Humax box before which was terrible, always crashing, missing off the start/end of programs, not recording at all when set, deleting content etc.
Nismo

12th Oct 12 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive looked at other PVR's but im not keen on paying the prices that they are, The 250 odd that they cost id rather put towards a new tv that has USB record or something.

TBH i dont think Talk Talk are that bad, mine has been rock solid, I only moved to them as they were cheap and they were the only ADSL2 provider at the time.

dannymccann

12th Oct 12 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm very happy with TalkTalk, I called them when I was out of contract and they managed to keep me on the same package but lower the monthly cost by £4 a month, not much, but saves me £48 a year without the hassle of having no connection for up to 2 weeks when the next one fucks it up. Cus Service seems fine, reliability is fine, dont think it has EVER dropped out in the 2.5 years I've had it, granted the supplied routers are pants, but I've got my trusty DG834G hooked up to it which I've had second hand for about 7 years now and no problems
Brett
Premium Member

12th Oct 12 at 13:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm with TalkTalk, no complaints at all.

New Poll