corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Is it m-tec which make engine mounts etc..?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Is it m-tec which make engine mounts etc..?
Kris TD

User status: Offline
1st May 03 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the fitting kit for the engine i want is only available through a company called m-tec, can get it from other places but its nearly a grand, be cheaper direct from them, any one know how i can get hhold of them?/ think its a dutch company.
cheers
Joff

1st May 03 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Contact PVD. 01604 797960
Akeemking

1st May 03 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.mathijssentechnics.nl/

Like mine:

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=55492
BeArDy

2nd May 03 at 07:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depend on what your fitting but heres what i would do.
shafts - corsarus 230 as u dont need to change hubs and barings saving u about 80notes and alot of work
anti-roll bar spacers - just use washers costs about 5er
engine mount - eather buy one, makeone if u can weld (i have pics of mine if u need them to show u how easy) or been told (never tryed yet) a Mk4 cav engine mount
gearbox spacer - you dont need

as for getting it from PVD or crossvaux, they both will sell u the same kit which is supplyed and made by M-tec
do a search on here for the corsa c 2lt turbo as there the company that mae the car and makes the kits
Pete

2nd May 03 at 08:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kris - PVD are the sole UK importers, so you can't buy direct from M Tech.

As for Beardy's suggestion of buying from Cossvaux - you can do, but the kit will come via us.
BeArDy

2nd May 03 at 08:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well dident know that

and theres no other place that u can buy the full kit from.
so basicly its eather PVD (hassle free get everthing in a box but u pay the price)
or
get bits from other places and may take u a few weeks to get all the bits u need
(cheaper but may take u a bit to get all the things u need)
Fad

2nd May 03 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u can get engine mounts made up a lot cheaper than buying through PVD etc Lee Mitchell can make them at a fraction of the cost , best off askin him
Pete

2nd May 03 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I appreciate that the kits we sell aren't the cheapest parts on the market but they do have a number of unique advantages:

All the parts required are included, other than wheel bearings and the engine package. And possibly a Nova gear linkage. The shafts included are rated to over 200bhp and come with a lifetime warranty. My experience and many customers experience of tapered shafts isn't good at all. Full fitting instructions are included also.

There are also various slightly more obscure kits available - for 2.0 DTi into Corsa D, and C20LET and F28 into Nova/Corsa. Making these parts up yourself wouldn't be that easy at all.
Pete

2nd May 03 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fadscorsa
u can get engine mounts made up a lot cheaper than buying through PVD etc Lee Mitchell can make them at a fraction of the cost , best off askin him

Ok well if you break down a Corsa kit to the main parts: Shafts and hubs worth £360 and a Powercap worth £120, you're getting engine mounts, brackets for anti roll bar, an induction kit and a fitting guide for £95. That seems pretty good value to me.
Dan_Corsa

2nd May 03 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got my fittin kit from pvd which arrived wednesday,i must say i am glad i spent the money and bought this kit,save's alot of time and even comes with a fittiing guide,which means most people with a bit of engine knowledge can fit a 2.0 16v xe/let engine to there corsa

[Edited on 02-05-2003 by Dan_Corsa]
BeArDy

2nd May 03 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shafts and hubs worth £360, corsarus 230
Powercap worth £120, same thing from vaux 12notes
you're getting engine mounts, sheet steel about 20notes
brackets for anti roll bar, 10er for bolts and washers to lower Tie bar
an induction kit and a fitting guide for £95. filter about 40 as fitting guide is not worth the paper its printed on

total 312 PVD price about 500+

"even comes with a fittiing guide" in my eyes the guide and the parts make the job ALOT HARDER
gearbox spacer - why not just cut the metal lip of the mount add abit more weld and no need for the spare and no need to extrend the linkage ??
Powercap - Cut your dash away you mad, relocate brake pipes all this really to get rid of the SFi box, 12 notes from vauxhall and no need for all that work and cutting your car up......

just make the job harder, people think if u buy this kit it will be easy.
what people need to do it talk to people who have fitting the engines and ask them what to do
the PVD kit is really good, i am not saying its crap, i have used it myself, i just think i need changing, so people can do the work easyer

[Edited on 02-05-2003 by BeArDy]

[Edited on 02-05-2003 by BeArDy]
Pete

2nd May 03 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As I explained, we don't sell tapered hubs. They break and cannot handle the power. I have found this from experience and we have dozens of customers changing from tapered shafts to ours after problems. The kit would be cheaper with tapered hubs but we couldn't confidently sell them.
Pete

2nd May 03 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And as I explained about the Powercap, it does add power, which the ecotec pipe doesn't. How can you compare a cast plenum chamber with a bit of rubber pipe?
Kris TD

2nd May 03 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it was cossvaux that said it costs 975 quid, its for the 2.2 dti conversion with f28 box.

that was for the mounts, fwd conversion kit for the gearbox, drive shafts. mayb a couple of other bits in there too.

akeemking, cheers for that address.
Kris TD

2nd May 03 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pete, how much is the kit from you?
Kris TD

2nd May 03 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also the kit for the 2.0 dti aswell please.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Is it m-tec which make engine mounts etc..? 22 database queries in 0.0161090 seconds