corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » iRacing

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author iRacing
AK

User status: Offline
14th Sep 12 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So.... who actually plays it ?

How realistic is it, is it better than the likes of GT5/Forza?? Less arcade like?
chris_uk
Premium Member

14th Sep 12 at 18:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i do,

its kinda realistic but some aspects of the physics is questionable. its almost like its made harder than it would really be to be branded a 'sim' if you know what i mean.

these are some vids of me driving in one of the radical tournaments they ran

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oqHsqPdVq8&list=UUvs2B8q5uxdNUZp3auZq_sg&index=3&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dWQZg6OAOQ&list=UUvs2B8q5uxdNUZp3auZq_sg&index=2&feature=plcp

you do know its subscription based yes? you also have to pay extra for cars and tracks you want to drive. you also have to play online if you want to race against someone and you have to go join races at the times they dictate to you. some are every 30 mins, some every 4 hours. depends what you want to drive. .

are you wanting to play to just race or learn tracks? the tracks are all laser scanned so are identical to the real life counterpart.

[Edited on 14-09-2012 by chris_uk]
AK

14th Sep 12 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yup, I know its subscription based but the $12 try it for 1 month looks ok for a test. I'll prob give it a bash when I get home.

chris_uk
Premium Member

14th Sep 12 at 18:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well if you just want to race for the thrill of racing, go try live for speed instead, no subs and its £12 and i believe it has better physics than that of iracing.

Steve
Premium Member

14th Sep 12 at 18:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think iv got a lfs sub, when i tried it though all the cars were shit, probs soem mods you can download somewhere i guess
chris_uk
Premium Member

14th Sep 12 at 18:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
i think iv got a lfs sub, when i tried it though all the cars were shit, probs soem mods you can download somewhere i guess

live for speed isnt about licenced content or real life locations.. its about close bumper to bumper racing.

basically the 3 developers have no money, so they designed cars to look like ones currently out on the market.

eg

FXO is based on the astra

RB4 supra/celica

XRT is a mitsu starion

XRG based on citroen

UF1 based on mini

they do have some real cars tho

RAC

MRT5

Forumula BMW

F1 2009

Scirocco (not released yet)

LX4 caterham type

LX6 more powerful caterham type

there are others too,

race versions

its a great game if you can over look the now dated graphics

Steve
Premium Member

14th Sep 12 at 18:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not talking about having lambos and ferraris, i know non of the cars in it are licensed but there was nothing remotely exciting to drive whatsoever
chris_uk
Premium Member

14th Sep 12 at 18:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
im not talking about having lambos and ferraris, i know non of the cars in it are licensed but there was nothing remotely exciting to drive whatsoever

there are some licensed cars (look up).
Steve
Premium Member

14th Sep 12 at 18:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah those looks good but they werent on mine lol, or do you have to unlock them?
chris_uk
Premium Member

14th Sep 12 at 18:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much did you pay?

£12 gets you S1. (Stage1) that basically gets you the slower more boring cars, fastest you get is the LX4/6 and the MRT5 and some tracks

£24 gets you S2 (stage2) and gets you everything.

if you have S1 then its only £12 to upgrade.

can you tell me your username?

edit: if im honest tho, some of the best racing ive had is with the S1 cars but on the S2 tracks lol.. but it was only £24 about 6 years ago.

It also has full Telemetry built in aswell.

Steve
Premium Member

14th Sep 12 at 19:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i honeestly cant remember my username lol, il have to find it
chris_uk
Premium Member

14th Sep 12 at 19:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i looked on LFSworld and scuba steve is there but hes american, it could be you havent updated it as nothing is logged yet..

watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4FyOHxonvs&feature=related

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » iRacing 22 database queries in 0.0157790 seconds