corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Isuzu powered Astra (Sold :(

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Isuzu powered Astra (Sold :(
Jamie-C

User status: Offline
11th Sep 12 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well heres my new baby , had her about a month now and I'm sick of it already. Got rid of the Corsa and got something a bit more sensible as it was constantly letting down and it wasn't as good as what people make them out to be either tbh

Anyway, picked her up with 157k on the clock and so far I've clocked up 4k in about 5 weeks, which I have to say have been a nightmare

When I picked it up,

First thing to do was to get rid of the stupid slabs in favour of the fanblades,

Then I got a set off angel eyes which I got mixed opinions on but I quite like them and gave her a good cleaning!

Between doing the above I've had to do a lot of mechaincal work on it.

Had to fix about 6 water leaks, every time I fixed a leak another would start somewhere else so was going round in circles for a while until I finally cured it. It then started to overheat in traffic, had to get a new fan switch,nothing to major.

I then decided to investigate why the back end was so bouncy and rattly, turned out the previous owner took an angle grinder to the springs, had to replace them with proper items.

I then had a wheel bearing fail on me, tried to fix that but bent the drive flange in the process, had to get a whole new arm, I then discovered my shock absorber was busted on the same side.

And now the best bit, in the last 2 days I had my brakes fail on me, coming up to a round about of a dual carriageway and had no brakes, quite a scary moment crawled her home and turned out to be the rear brake cylinder was burst and the brake pipe was burst too

So got that fixed, took her out for a test drive to make the brakes were all good then this happened,

Ball joint ripped out of the wishbone wrecking the wing and driveshaft in the process

Got a new wishbone on and driveshaft and now I've got a bad grinding noise on the drivers side.

I fucking hate cars!

[Edited on 14-10-2012 by Jamie-C]
BeetleGav

11th Sep 12 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you have bad luck!

i blame it on them headlights, everything was fine before them
Piér

11th Sep 12 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jesus christ Jamie, seems you would have been better off keeping the Corsa
This seems more of a pita than my punto has been

Sell it on and get something else
Mark.W

11th Sep 12 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shame your having no luck with the astra Jamie,it looks very clean.
Jamie-C

11th Sep 12 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Almost forgot about the clutch I had to put in the day after I bought it too!

lolz tell me about it Gav, The Corsa was the same, was constantly needing repairs. I might go back to the standard headlights anyway, the indicators sit squint with the angels.

quote:
Originally posted by Piér
Jesus christ Jamie, seems you would have been better off keeping the Corsa
This seems more of a pita than my punto has been

Sell it on and get something else
Don't know about that tbh, top end and bottom end was away on the Corsa, would've cost a fortune to get it sorted and then there was other problems too. Would have cost well over 1k too get it sorted out properly.

I'm hoping this will be the end off it now, only so much bad can happen in such a short space of time.

quote:
Originally posted by Mark.W
Shame your having no luck with the astra Jamie,it looks very clean.
Cheers Mark, yea it is very clean tbh and that's whats making me hold on to it. Theres not many left in this colour so I'm just keeping up with the maintenance and hopefully there won't be any more problems.
Ben G

11th Sep 12 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mental scene camber on that mate. Could sell it for a fortune now.

Terrible luck
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

12th Sep 12 at 08:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You really do like fixing things don't you

Hope you sort out all the weird and wonderful noises

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
ArdenblueDan

14th Sep 12 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your name must be lucky dude lol hats off to you though fella youve got more patience than me id have got shot of it by now lol
Jamie-C

15th Sep 12 at 00:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Starter motor seems to be stuck now :/, when I try to start it up it doesn't do anything so now I'm having to get people to push me everywhere I go Hopefully a bang of the hammer will sort that.

On the plus side fitted my boost gauge and increased the boost to 1.2 bar and increased the fuel pressure. Goes alot better now
Alex_Rally

15th Sep 12 at 05:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just out of interest , do u kill your cars everywhere ?? just they never seem to last very long ?
John

15th Sep 12 at 08:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buying terrible cars in the firs t place is probably the cause.
Jamie-C

15th Sep 12 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Alex_Rally
just out of interest , do u kill your cars everywhere ?? just they never seem to last very long ?
Not really tbh. I do hoke my cars quite a bit but not to an extent where I'm going to cause damage. I think its probably more the fact that I do close to a thousand miles a week.

The non starting problem turned out that it wasn't been driving about with the rear de-mister on for the last week or so and it had completely drained the battery , so a nice easy fix there

So with a bit of luck finally on my side I thought I'd treat her to a wash and took her for a spirited drive which involved going over a hump back bridge and bottoming out.

Got home and seen this and thought wtf,

Moved her back and then it came to light

Arggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhh
BeetleGav

15th Sep 12 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fucking hell
Jamie-C

15th Sep 12 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think my boss believes me everytime I phone him to let him know I can't make it to work as the cars broke
John

15th Sep 12 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you do a thousand miles a week and rely on the car to get to work should you not buy something more reliable and not turn the boost up?
Jamie-C

16th Sep 12 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbf these are pretty reliable, the engines are bullet proof so I know that won't let me down. The stuff that has failed has been normal wear and tare stuff that would fail on no matter what car you have.

Turning up the boost hasn't caused any of the problems I have and it hasn't effected the fuel economy so I don't know what that has to do with any thing? Just gives me that bit of extra power when I need it.
Mark.W

16th Sep 12 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats happened there?
Alex_Rally

16th Sep 12 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have u cracked the sump ? ya lucky all the oil didnt fall out cos the bullet proof isuzu engine wouldnt of been that strong with nee oil .
the car looks abit low for doing jumps in like lol had my mondeo flying a couple times today and that was hitting the bumpstops on standard height. so a lowered astra must hit them constantly
Jamie-C

16th Sep 12 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mark got a bit of air and hit the ground hard doing the sump in

Yea Alex, it went just by the sump plug, a hole about the size of a penny, when I got home it spilt about 2 or 3 liters over the yard so I got lucky. I'll not be doing jumps no more
Jamie-C

21st Sep 12 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Car is alive again and going strong, racking up lots of miles again

Weather was nice today so gave her a wash and polish and went and got a few pics as you do, also fitted some new flat blade wipers

Photo shy side , hopefully getting it into the bodyshop next Sunday

Got some metro plates and GSi rear lights on there way, should smarten it up nicely
Alex_Rally

21st Sep 12 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it does look very clean
Mark.W

21st Sep 12 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good Jaimie glad to hear its going well.

What the plans for the damaged wing?
Jamie-C

21st Sep 12 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going to get the hammer and dollys out mark and straighten her up. I could get a new wing from a breakers yard for pennys but it would mean having to paint the whole wing then I'd have to blow into the door and bonnet which would be a pain in the arse. At least now I only need to blow into the bottom of the door.
D0NN3R

21st Sep 12 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks really tidy my dad has a p reg one and its completely rotten

you need a nice exhaust tip to finsh off the rear end
Jamie-C

21st Sep 12 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers matey, a nice backbox is on the cards

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Isuzu powered Astra (Sold :( 24 database queries in 0.1079099 seconds