corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa 1.2 Sxi Drivers Seat wear(2005)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa 1.2 Sxi Drivers Seat wear(2005)
Rob_Corsa

User status: Offline
29th Aug 12 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just bought the above car and its got the common problem where the side of the drivers seat has worn in that the foam has lost is cushion and the metal bar underneath can be felt.

Has anyone had this and repaired it?

I heard that Vauxhall can supply a new seat base which involves grinding away the bar and fitting the new foam under the cover.

Thanks

Rob
Gary
Premium Member

29th Aug 12 at 20:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Complete new/used seat would be the easiest option
Rob_Corsa

23rd Sep 12 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally got it sorted after quite a bit of searching on the internet.

It was a known problem with Corsa C SXI's and Vauxhall did replace the Lower Foam pads if they failed during warranty. I bought one which is meant to be a revised version(hopefully tougher foam) for £100. Not cheap for a piece of foam!

Anyway after about 2 hours work its finally swapped. Below is a photo of the pad that I removed and you can clearly see the hole made in it by the frame of the seat.

It feels so much better now, you can actually feel both side bolsters holding you in.

Rob

[Edited on 02-12-2012 by Rob_Corsa]

New Poll