corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Is there a way to make fixed back bucket seats tilt forward?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Is there a way to make fixed back bucket seats tilt forward?
jrdn7

User status: Offline
21st Aug 12 at 01:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On corsa b sub frames? I've a mate who's offering me a set of seats out of his rally car to me for a seriously cheap price, one I can't refuse! And I'd like to put them in my new B.

Looking to keep the back seats in so need them to tilt forwards, is this at all possible?
Ian
Site Administrator

21st Aug 12 at 01:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only if you can find suitable subframes and I would think something that complicated is going to make the seat sit quite high.
jrdn7

21st Aug 12 at 01:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How do you mean suitable subframes? Can the standard ones not be used?
Ian
Site Administrator

21st Aug 12 at 02:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The standard ones don't tilt.
dion la

21st Aug 12 at 06:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

5 turbo frames tilt forward but i dont know about getting them in a corsa
jrdn7

21st Aug 12 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh aye, it's the backs of the seats that tilt in a corsa. Thinking of just leaving them as they are and stripping out the back now!
Prey

22nd Aug 12 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can get tilting subframes, just two layers of flat bars with a hinge in. obv these aren't corsa ones but you get the idea: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tailored-Tilting-Seat-Subframe-Runner-Kit-Pair-For-CLASSIC-MINI-/170852525469?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27c79aa59d#ht_646wt_1176
alan-g-w

22nd Aug 12 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The worry would be whether you've got the clearance required for the seat to be able to tilt, i.e. the top of the bucket seat might foul on the roof because it's too tall, meaning not enough room to get in the back
jrdn7

22nd Aug 12 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
The worry would be whether you've got the clearance required for the seat to be able to tilt, i.e. the top of the bucket seat might foul on the roof because it's too tall, meaning not enough room to get in the back

Considered this mate, but I'm fairly tall and like to sit low anyways.

One thing I did neglect to figure out, how am I meant to attach the harnesses without removing the back seats?
Prey

23rd Aug 12 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ha ha, yeah you can't - don't be tempted to put the harnesses down to the front of the rear seat or floor behind the front seat like some do - it's not safe!
jrdn7

23rd Aug 12 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Naw, I wouldn't be at that now! Not safe at all, and I value the fact I can still breath!

So I think I'll just take the back seats out and attach the harnesses to the rear seat belt mounts. Cheers folks!

New Poll