corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » webuy-cars.co.uk

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author webuy-cars.co.uk
kennySRi

User status: Offline
20th Aug 12 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.webuy-cars.co.uk/index.php

Does this look legit?

My mate has a car for sale and they texted him saying that they'll offer a decent amount (few hundred more than webuyanycar) and has asked me to see if its real or a scam. My first thoughts are a scam and looking on google just shows websites with very similar names but not the actual one.

Anybody heard of these before? Looks to me that some guy has just made up the website and will somehow scam the money. Although if they pay cash on collection then im unsure how this could go wrong...?
Tom G

20th Aug 12 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks dodgy, could be davey
kennySRi

20th Aug 12 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it looks and sounds dodgy to me. Im trying to get my mate to ring them up and see what they say and if they offer cash on collection.
mattant

20th Aug 12 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much are they offering compared to selling it privately? They could just be buying them cheap and selling them on
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
20th Aug 12 at 17:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Reg plate doesn't even look up the car model, not dodgy but they're also not spending a lot of money.
kennySRi

20th Aug 12 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattant
How much are they offering compared to selling it privately? They could just be buying them cheap and selling them on

He has it up for around £2k and they offered 1800 which is very decent imo which is the strange thing about it, although im pretty sure the book price is much more.

He has just had another site text him aswell, iv told him just to go through all the compare sites and see who offers the most.

I agree Ian, looks very cheaply done. They have said that they can pay by cash or transfer so i suppose IF they do turn up with the cash then nothing can go wrong, but im not expecting them to turn up.
Root

20th Aug 12 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kennySRi
http://www.webuy-cars.co.uk/index.php

Does this look legit?

My mate has a car for sale and they texted him saying that they'll offer a decent amount (few hundred more than webuyanycar) and has asked me to see if its real or a scam. My first thoughts are a scam and looking on google just shows websites with very similar names but not the actual one.

Anybody heard of these before? Looks to me that some guy has just made up the website and will somehow scam the money. Although if they pay cash on collection then im unsure how this could go wrong...?

probably because like webuyanycar, they get there and go "WHAT THE FUCK? YOU DID NOT TELL US THE CAR HAS SEAT BOLSTER WEAR, USED OIL AND A MUCKY WINDSCREEN..we will now only give you 50p and a twix."
kennySRi

20th Aug 12 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ye i know that, but if it is legit then surely it's worth a go. Il leave it for my mate and see what he decides. Hopefully he'll either have a car or some money at the end of it!
AndyCorsaSport

20th Aug 12 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They have offered £1800 without seeing it, chances are like we buy any car, once they see it they will knock it down. What car is it?
kennySRi

20th Aug 12 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd expect any company to do that, just wanted to know if anybody has heard of this one or not.

It's a clio
mattant

20th Aug 12 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyCorsaSport
They have offered £1800 without seeing it, chances are like we buy any car, once they see it they will knock it down. What car is it?

When a customer requests a free quotation here online, we provide a valuation for that vehicle. If we offer less for the vehicle when we come to collect it. We will give you 100 GBP - even if you decline our offer of purchase.

Although I've just noticed something from this page.. no £ signs, they always write 'pounds' or 'GBP' which means it was written with a foreign keyboard..
kennySRi

20th Aug 12 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's a good point, more than likely they are dodgy bastards
AndyCorsaSport

20th Aug 12 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They can't be that dumb surely, could have just copy and pasted a £ sign
kennySRi

20th Aug 12 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

laingyla

20th Aug 12 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might just be some one starting up with not a lot of money
Chris
Premium Member

20th Aug 12 at 21:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why enter a reg if it does even bother looking it up
Brett
Premium Member

20th Aug 12 at 21:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The testimonials of Mr Williamson and Mrs Johnson sound great, I'd go for it.
corsayoung

20th Aug 12 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you search the postcode there freepost is at..

http://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/find?q=W1J+5AP

Can't see there company registered at that address, although suppose if they are new they might not be registered..
Colin

20th Aug 12 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got a text sent to my phone from this lot too :

07788271522:

Want to sell your BMW today? Log on to www.sellittous.co.uk enter your reg.No. and we will make an offer to buy today, this service is totally FREE

Thought it seemed dodgy. I clicked the link and it opened up www.wewantanycar.com which I've seen advertised on tv however was still suspicious and filled in details but gave false contact derails and it came back a good 20% under value.

Still not sure if it's legit, text was a bit weird like!!
kennySRi

20th Aug 12 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That company also texted my mate just after i made this post lol. I want him to try them out just so we know if they're real or not

Toby
Premium Member

21st Aug 12 at 10:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
I got a text sent to my phone from this lot too :

07788271522:

Want to sell your BMW today? Log on to www.sellittous.co.uk enter your reg.No. and we will make an offer to buy today, this service is totally FREE

Thought it seemed dodgy. I clicked the link and it opened up www.wewantanycar.com which I've seen advertised on tv however was still suspicious and filled in details but gave false contact derails and it came back a good 20% under value.

Still not sure if it's legit, text was a bit weird like!!

They are most liley on commision or a pay per click deal with WeBuyAnyCar.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » webuy-cars.co.uk 22 database queries in 0.0134170 seconds