corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Garden Project [Update: Top Level Finished pg2]

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Garden Project [Update: Top Level Finished pg2]
RichR
Premium Member

User status: Offline
20th Aug 12 at 15:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How would it be free? If I levelled it to the lowest point; I'd still have to retain all of the neighbouring properites - which would cost me more in total as I'd need even bigger retaining walls.

I couldn't raise it to the highest level of the garden as it would be above my downstairs windows.

[Edited on 20-08-2012 by LiVe LeE]
Root

20th Aug 12 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
How would it be free? If I levelled it to the lowest point; I'd still have to retain all of the neighbouring properites - which would cost me more in total as I'd need even bigger retaining walls.

I couldn't raise it to the highest level of the garden as it would be above my downstairs windows.

[Edited on 20-08-2012 by LiVe LeE]

didn't mean in your case
RichR
Premium Member

23rd Aug 12 at 07:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brick skin going up; weather dependent, I'm hoping the skin and steps will be finished today then I can back fill it this weekend and start prepping for the slabs

[Edited on 23-08-2012 by LiVe LeE]
Rob_Quads

23rd Aug 12 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you going the brick work yourself?
RichR
Premium Member

23rd Aug 12 at 10:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no, got a friend's Dad doing it. My pointing wouldn't be up to scratch - see the block wall behind it
nathy_87

23rd Aug 12 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But wouldn't that be easier to do? As you've already got a 'template' to go by?
RichR
Premium Member

24th Aug 12 at 08:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Toby
Premium Member

24th Aug 12 at 23:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nathy_87
But wouldn't that be easier to do? As you've already got a 'template' to go by?

Pointing is not the actual action of laying the bricks and doing the brick work, pointing is the addition or removal of mortar inbetween the bricks.
RichR
Premium Member

10th Sep 12 at 11:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not updated for a while; had a week off work so spent it getting levelled off and have now ordered the limestone.

Managed to get lunch outside yesterday; started levelling off what will be the second level in the garden as we're going to press ahead and get both finished this year

Ben G

10th Sep 12 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i love multi-levelled gardens. they just look so much better aesthetically compared to flat gardens.
RichR
Premium Member

10th Sep 12 at 12:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks mate, the plan is to have three levels. One as you step out of the extension, the second will be a lawn to one side and then raised, brick built beds (one herb bed and one maybe veg); then step up onto this level that we're building now - to the left will be a shed/log store and the right will be the patio, table, chairs and bbq etc
Gary
Premium Member

10th Sep 12 at 13:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tea look nice
stuartmitchell

10th Sep 12 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks superb mate!
RichR
Premium Member

10th Sep 12 at 15:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks, just want it all done now. Everything seems to take so long and its a bit random as the downstairs of my house is a building site atm but I can't move for tools and equipment, hence doing the garden and a shed/workshop first. That way I can move everything outside and concentrate on the inside
RichR
Premium Member

17th Sep 12 at 08:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hired a whacker this weekend; the top is now all levelled off; just waiting to put the fence posts up and then I'll lay the slabs ready for the shed etc.

RichR
Premium Member

17th Sep 12 at 08:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
2 packs of Raeburn Bricks ordered (1056 Bricks); 50m2 of weed blanket, 10litres bituminous paint and 3tonnes of pea shingle = £465.82

Total so far = £928.32

Left to sort out is the flags/stone, the shed, consumer unit and electrics for the shed and a few decorative bits.

Just in case anyone is budgetting to do a similar job, current total is:

£182.00 for 250kg, Sand, 4tonnes of crushed hardcore and 25m2 of weed control blanket
£900.00 for 60m2 of Limestone slabs; should have been £30 per m2 but I got 50% discount so only £15.[The upper level is 38m2, so I have 22 left for the paths etc.]
£30 to hire the whacker for 4 days

Total costs so far = £2040.32

[Edited on 17-09-2012 by LiVe LeE]
RichR
Premium Member

23rd Aug 13 at 09:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never really updated this; finally got everything done last weekend - got a log cabin coming in 15days which will be a small workshop so I can get on with the rest of the house.

RichR
Premium Member

23rd Aug 13 at 09:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should end up like this

Balling
Premium Member

23rd Aug 13 at 10:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really like the look of that. Low maintenance ftw.

Also your workshop kind of looks like a kids playhouse.

RichR
Premium Member

23rd Aug 13 at 10:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm a big kid and its my playhouse Idea once the house is finished is that it becomes my man room!

The little lean to bit at the side is to be used as a log store for the stove
Ben G

23rd Aug 13 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I really like that. Looks like a nice tranquil area to relax.
pow
Premium Member

23rd Aug 13 at 14:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kids
RichR
Premium Member

23rd Aug 13 at 14:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

???
Lee_fr200

23rd Aug 13 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What computer software have you used for garden design?
Ben G

23rd Aug 13 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like Ms paint.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll