corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Selling car to overseas buyer. tax??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Selling car to overseas buyer. tax??
LukeD

User status: Offline
5th Aug 12 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit of advice needed.

Randomly selling the car to an overseas buyer tomorrow. Guy is coming over from Germany to collect the car. Cant see him not having the car after a journey that far.

Anyway, any advice on what is needed?, is it just a case of filling out the overseas export part on the log book?

Also tax disc?..... literally put 6months on it few weeks ago. Obviously once its over the border the tax wont be needed. Do i keep the tax disc?, and get refund or just be legit and say bye to it?

Cheers all.
Dan
Premium Member

5th Aug 12 at 18:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I seem to remember, i had to give the complete v5 to the buyer.

I had to call them as i didnt believe him.

Seems strange coming over here to buy though, long drive aint it. Make sure your 100% happy before handing keys

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
LukeD

5th Aug 12 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah very strange, its not as if hes buying some rare expensive car either. Just a cheap 172. Coming by plane too.

Says theres lack of 172s in germany and those available are rubbish. By e-mail sounds legit though but who knows.

Tax a bit confused about though, as i am tempted to just keep the disc
GB123
Premium Member

5th Aug 12 at 18:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could always ask him to post it back to you when he gets to germany?
Neil Dagens

5th Aug 12 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably is genuine imo. I sold my mg tf on eBay, originally a German bloke wanted it but couldn't pick it up for a month or two, so he let me Offer it to the next bidder. He was from France! Thought it was dodgy but he just said there wasn't many in France and it was cheaper to get one from over here. When he turned up I just filled out the v5 as normal, but left him the tax so that he didn't get any trouble in the way back to Dover! Getting him to post it back is a good idea though

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Selling car to overseas buyer. tax?? 23 database queries in 0.0116701 seconds