corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Few flower shots (now uploaded from Flickr) with some PP

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Few flower shots (now uploaded from Flickr) with some PP
SXI - Matt

User status: Offline
4th Aug 12 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Took these a few days ago quite happy with them, any tips to PP these or to improve next time?

DSC_0197 by M.McIntyre, on Flickr

DSC_0194 by M.McIntyre, on Flickr

[Edited on 05-08-2012 by SXI - Matt]

Balling
Premium Member

4th Aug 12 at 21:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

First one is pretty good. The crop is a bit strange and I don't think it benefits at all from the portrait format.
What ever software / webpage you have used has done a piss poor job of resizing and left jaggy edges.
Saturation, colour and contrast are all spot on imo.

Second one could use a bit of curve adjustment to add highlights as well as a burst in saturation.

[Edited on 04-08-2012 by Balling]

SXI - Matt

4th Aug 12 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I haven't touched any of these yet there straight from the camera, just uploaded and hosted through photo bucket, although I have now got Flickr as a lot of people say its a lot better when uploading ect

I'm dead happy with the 1st one was going to have ago at cropping it. As for the 2nd one would like to get more colour through or at least a bit more intense, shal be downloading Lightroom 4 trial to have a play with
jrdn7

5th Aug 12 at 02:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With flower pics it helps a lot if they're dead centre in the image with about a medium crop.

But they're mega quality images, mind if I ask what gear?
SXI - Matt

5th Aug 12 at 07:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I can see that now, will try for more centred shot next time. It's the 1st time trying this so I'm learning

And coarse not it was with a Nikon D90 & stock lense 18-105, like I say it's a new hobby so haven't bought any more lenses yet, my next purchase will be a flash though
SXI - Matt

5th Aug 12 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok now I have light room I've just spent an hour or so playing around and have come up with this. I really like it & the look, I'm sure though more experienced people can pick it apart for the good so fire away? Were have i gone wrong were can i improve for next time?

Original

DSC_0194 by M.McIntyre, on Flickr

Edited

Flower (edited) (1 of 1) by M.McIntyre, on Flickr

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Few flower shots (now uploaded from Flickr) with some PP 24 database queries in 0.0112481 seconds