corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » another phone upgrade topic.......

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author another phone upgrade topic.......
richardworrall
Premium Member

User status: Offline
1st Aug 12 at 21:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Up for renewal end of Aug. Had desire hd and can't fault it really, does everything I want and love the screen size. What's the newer HTCs like in comparison to galaxy s3. Don't even want to go near iPhone before people start suggesting them.
Give me some ideas....
Gary
Premium Member

1st Aug 12 at 21:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

S3 all the way
LeeM

1st Aug 12 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iPhone
Eddx14xe

1st Aug 12 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was looking at the HTC when I was upgrading, the ones in the shop weren't working properly, which obviously put me off. I got the S3 and can't fault it at all. One thing that does pics me off is when it comes up saying 'webpage not available' but this has happened on all my android phones, so it's not isolated to this device and must be something to do with the actually OS.
sc0ott

2nd Aug 12 at 07:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Iphone 5
A2H GO

2nd Aug 12 at 07:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eddx14xe
It must be something to do with the android being shit.

Gary
Premium Member

2nd Aug 12 at 08:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kicks the arse out of ios tbh
Dom

2nd Aug 12 at 08:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eddx14xe
I was looking at the HTC when I was upgrading, the ones in the shop weren't working properly, which obviously put me off. I got the S3 and can't fault it at all. One thing that does pics me off is when it comes up saying 'webpage not available' but this has happened on all my android phones, so it's not isolated to this device and must be something to do with the actually OS.

Sounds like a connection issue rather than the OS. Worth trying a decent browser like Chrome or Dolphin though.
Gary
Premium Member

2nd Aug 12 at 08:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Boat mini here, works perfectly
oceansoul

2nd Aug 12 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One X here. Upgraded from an origional Desire few months ago. Cant fault it.
Sam
Premium Member

2nd Aug 12 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't like Android because:

- it's too buggy IMO
- it's based on Java
- like Windows it's supposed to work on all manner of hardware (but isn't great at that task, whereas iOS works well because it's only designed for specific hardware = less scope for issues)

[Edited on 02-08-2012 by Sam]
Neo

2nd Aug 12 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a One S last friday, very impressed with the camera and video quality, battery life is 2 days when playing with it quite a lot and wifi on constantly. Upgraded from a Desire and haven't come across any of this "buggyness" people bang on about.
Dom

2nd Aug 12 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam

- it's too buggy IMO
- it's based on Java
- like Windows it's supposed to work on all manner of hardware (but isn't great at that task, whereas iOS works well because it's only designed for specific hardware = less scope for issues)

For starters, everything has bugs and so does your beloved iOS.
Android is Linux at it's core. Harmony/Java libraries sit on top and even then you don't have to use Java for apps.
And Android does work on a lot of hardware.

For someone that works in IT, you sure as hell are blinded by the BS that comes with Apple since you've purchased that MBP; thought you'd be a bit more level-minded Sam. Almost as bad as LeeM

Edit - Yes you're allowed your opinions but if you're going to slate something, at least get the facts correct

[Edited on 02-08-2012 by Dom]
A2H GO

2nd Aug 12 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dom

2nd Aug 12 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My reply wasn't to start another iOS vs Android argument, was merely correcting Sam's incorrect put downs of Android. Quite simply, neither OS is perfect; after that it's opinions.

Anyway, enough derailing......
LeeM

2nd Aug 12 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why am I getting dragged into this
Nath

2nd Aug 12 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO

Very much this.

Sam
Premium Member

2nd Aug 12 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
Originally posted by Sam

- it's too buggy IMO
- it's based on Java

Android is Linux at it's core. Harmony/Java libraries sit on top and even then you don't have to use Java for apps.

For someone that works in IT, you sure as hell are blinded by the BS that comes with Apple since you've purchased that MBP; thought you'd be a bit more level-minded Sam. Almost as bad as LeeM

Edit - Yes you're allowed your opinions but if you're going to slate something, at least get the facts correct

I never said iOS doesn't have bugs, I just stated that it works better than Android because it's only designed around specific hardware as opposed to Windows which is meant to work on all sorts of hardware (but doesn't always do a good job of it).

And no I'm not blinded by BS, I am simply putting my personal experiences and views in this thread. And yes you're right I'm allowed to have opinions, even if they are different to yours
Sam
Premium Member

2nd Aug 12 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
Why am I getting dragged into this

Because you said "iPhone" instead of "S3" or whatever the iPhone haters reckon is the best thing since sliced bread TBH.
Dom

2nd Aug 12 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
Originally posted by Sam

- it's too buggy IMO
- it's based on Java

I never said iOS doesn't have bugs, I just stated that it works better than Android because it's only designed around specific hardware as opposed to Windows which is meant to work on all sorts of hardware (but doesn't always do a good job of it).

And no I'm not blinded by BS, I am simply putting my personal experiences and views in this thread. And yes you're right I'm allowed to have opinions, even if they are different to yours

In theory it should but it isn't always the case in reality.
As for your Windows comparison, nine out of ten times it's down to third-party drivers or software rather than Windows itself.

Opinions are fine but trying to slate a product on misinformation is a bit.....
Balling
Premium Member

2nd Aug 12 at 13:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love how in this modern day and age you can't just buy a phone that takes your fancy without being prepared to defend said phone and it's operating system with some cunt who's never tried it him self but has read up on all the weaknesses compared to his own phone.

I can't pull out my phone in public without being expected to adequately defend everything the manufacturer has ever done...

Dom

2nd Aug 12 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
I love how in this modern day and age you can't just buy a phone that takes your fancy without being prepared to defend said phone and it's operating system with some cunt who's never tried it him self but has read up on all the weaknesses compared to his own phone.

I can't pull out my phone in public without being expected to adequately defend everything the manufacturer has ever done...

Luckily i've owned both
And i would say i'm (marginally) on the fence with OS's; all have their uses and faults.

Although i'm not sure with - "you can't just buy a phone that takes your fancy". A lot of people buy their phones because their mates have one or have been told by a load of dicks on a forum, rather than actually trying out a bunch of phones and taking the best one for their needs/wants.
adiohead

2nd Aug 12 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling

THIS.

They had some thick cunts on Radio1's Newsbeat yesterday defending their iPhones and GalaxyShits
Sam
Premium Member

2nd Aug 12 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I only have an iPhone because I wanted a phone that didn't constantly crash doing something simple like trying to answer a call.

(for the sake of fairness, I am also directing the crashing issues to Nokia phones with Symbian OS too - again I am going by my personal experiences here not what some people on the Internet have told me).

As for the misinformation comment - well the only thing I was misinformed on was the Java thing with Android. It could be powered by Commodore 64 BASIC for all I care, the point is whenever I have used any Android based device something has ALWAYS fucked up on it, and it's not me trying to run 1,000 apps on it or something simultaneously!
Dom

2nd Aug 12 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
I have used any Android based device something has ALWAYS fucked up on it, and it's not me trying to run 1,000 apps on it or something simultaneously!

PEBKAC

richardworrall - As you don't want an iPhone, then i'd say current the S3 or Nexus (although the hardware is a little dated; but you'll get JB). Sony are releasing a new Xperia which might be worth waiting for and Huawei have a few top-end phones that look promising.
Alternatively Lumia 900/800; although it's all a bit up in the air whether or not you get WP8 plus if you're life is governed by 'apps' then WP might not be for you.

Edit - Forgot to add the new Nexus phone(s) will be out Q3/Q4 and WP8 is getting released sometime around then so expect new Nokia's etc.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll