corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Reg numbers for certian models

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Reg numbers for certian models
Gary
Premium Member

User status: Offline
29th Jul 12 at 18:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was just thinking, now most motor factors ask for your reg number when ordering parts and most modified cars need parts from other models. Brake pads and disks after a 2.0/v6 upgrade, the inner/outer CVs needed for XE conversion.

Think it would make life easier to be able to give the numpty at your parts shop a reg so there is no confusion on what part you require.

So the idea is to compile a list of reg numbers and the parts that would come on said car that may be useful.
c16-jake

29th Jul 12 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This would be useful!
Robin
Premium Member

User status: Online
29th Jul 12 at 19:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If they can't do it without a reg, they're not doing the job properly.

If someone rings me up and asks for a Golf Syncro wheel bearing (for machined XE hubs) I'll look it up the 'hard' way.

The problem occurs when someone isn't a massive geek like me and doesn't know off the top of their head what car had what engine/brake/gearbox type....
Gary
Premium Member

29th Jul 12 at 20:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most motor factors up here are run by numptys though so no chance of them having that sort of knowledge, hence the numberplate idea
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Jul 12 at 21:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think given the likelyhood of someone being able to do it without a reg, a list of reg numbers would be a good idea.

Shall we start with a wanted list, then we can work out a reg for each one.
Gary
Premium Member

29th Jul 12 at 21:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

H291BMR Thats the reg of my old Astra GTE 16v. Plenty of parts to tie to that reg

[Edited on 29-07-2012 by Gary]
LeeM

29th Jul 12 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
If they can't do it without a reg, they're not doing the job properly.

If someone rings me up and asks for a Golf Syncro wheel bearing (for machined XE hubs) I'll look it up the 'hard' way.

The problem occurs when someone isn't a massive geek like me and doesn't know off the top of their head what car had what engine/brake/gearbox type....

you cant expect anyone to know everything about all makes and models. i could find parts for french conversions but id be lost with vauxhall
Ian
Site Administrator

30th Jul 12 at 03:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Reckon its worth using stuff that's still on the road?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/vauxhall-astra-2000-cc-gte-16v-/261070598785?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3cc9053281

Gary
Premium Member

30th Jul 12 at 07:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dosent matter either way if you ask me
Robin
Premium Member

30th Jul 12 at 07:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

H706POJ Golf Syncro - wheel bearings for machined big block hubs
Robin
Premium Member

30th Jul 12 at 07:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

L962DAT Fiat Coupe 16v turbo - V6 brake upgrade discs
R723XNP Vectra V6 - pads for above
Gary
Premium Member

30th Jul 12 at 16:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any C20XE (Coilpack) parts - H291BMR
2.0 XE 256mm x 24mm discs - H291BMR
2.0 XE Pads - H291BMR
XE Rear disks - H291BMR
XE Rear pads - H291BMR

[Edited on 30-07-2012 by Gary]
corsaben58

31st Jul 12 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant lie everytime i go to get parts for my c20xe its impossible so would be good to have regs!
Nic Barnes

31st Jul 12 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

most parts computers won't need a reg. can look by make, model, year, variant etc. never had a problem that would require a reg plate before. always just asked for what i want, what car, what year, what model. sorted.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Reg numbers for certian models 22 database queries in 0.0095510 seconds