corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » corsa 1.6 missfire when turning left

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa 1.6 missfire when turning left
corsajay88

User status: Offline
18th Jul 12 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corsa had its mot this morning, it failed on emissions. it run great until i got it back from the mot station and its now developed a missfire when turning left and also going over bumps. the engine management light comes on but not had chance to check what it is yet. anyone know what this could be?
Ellis

19th Jul 12 at 02:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Strange one, I would check all wiring in the ignition circuit firstly, sounds like dodgy wiring or a loose connection somewhere.
corsajay88

20th Jul 12 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorted today, it was a loose earth , was that wrapped up in getting the welding done on this, i just overlooked the obvious
Ellis

21st Jul 12 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Easily done, I've done worse myself
corsajay88

21st Jul 12 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It died totally on the way back from the mot, luckily only about 50 yards from the unit, popped the bonnet and seen it straight away, the one on the lower inlet had come loose and then come off completely. This also sorted the emisions so i put a new cat on for no reason as well
Ellis

23rd Jul 12 at 00:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh dear oh dear

New Poll