corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Olympics 2012

New Poll
  <<  15    16    17    18    19    20    21  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Olympics 2012
Ben J

User status: Offline
4th Aug 12 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bag of wank.
Pop

4th Aug 12 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been glued to the tv all day, some amazing performances!
Ben J

4th Aug 12 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same old, same old.

[Edited on 04-08-2012 by Ben J]
Ben G

4th Aug 12 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wanker. Fucking wanker.
Ben J

4th Aug 12 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

WTF was that stop. fucking arse.
Dave

4th Aug 12 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Comforting to know that on one of the greatest days in the nations sporting history our professional footballers can still find a way to fuck it up.

For the best really, football doesn't belong at the olympics imo.
Ben J

4th Aug 12 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit disapppointed, purely because i've got Semi Tickets for Old Trafford so would have seen GB v Brazil!

Have to make do with Korea v Brazil
djgritt
Premium Member

4th Aug 12 at 21:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What an evening!

Ennis - superb
Rutherford - excellent jump
Farah - brilliant

I've never paid so much attention to Olympic athletics ever before, was impressed!
Steve
Premium Member

4th Aug 12 at 21:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Comforting to know that on one of the greatest days in the nations sporting history our professional footballers can still find a way to fuck it up.

For the best really, football doesn't belong at the olympics imo.

probably the highest paid in their sport too, twats
Ben G

4th Aug 12 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are you taking the piss?
James

5th Aug 12 at 00:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just back from the basketball to see Team GB get a pasting. Atmosphere was epic though. Olympic park is awesome too.

Very proud to be British right now.
Steve
Premium Member

5th Aug 12 at 09:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
are you taking the piss?

no im not, they are far too overpaid in there clubs to reflect their level of talent. If they are shit then they are shit, nothing really they can do other then their best, however lets not pay them the amounts to reward them for being anything else, maybe then we can produce some half decent footballers, comes to something when im more interested in watching Mo Farah win a 10km race then the mens football (the only sport i thought id actually be interested in)
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

5th Aug 12 at 09:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

than
Gavin
Premium Member

5th Aug 12 at 11:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm so pissed off that Football (.... and Tennis) are in the Olympics. I think I've already made my point in a previous post... so wont repeat why this is... but last night just summed it up

I saw Heptathletes congratulate Jess after her victory and walked around the track with her. I also watched Mo celebrating with his US training partner Galen Rupp after winning Gold
Then I looked on in disgusted to as I watched (I didnt even want to watch the fooking football, my mate did) Daniel Sturridge's reaction after missing the penalty and walking off the field, shrugging off his team mates and Ian Pearce like a spoil little brat!

Did ANY of the GB Team go up to the Koren's and shake their hands? Probably only a small handful did, if any!

I have lost all interest in football. They are overpaid, and over-idolised. I hate to think that some of these idiots are 'role models'... just imagine what the next generation of footballers are going to be like!

/rant_over

pew pew pew pewwwww
Marc

5th Aug 12 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't see the problem. Only a fucking half wit would honestly think GB had any chance of winning a medal in the football.

If anything, I think these games proved that we can sack off a few of the England players and promote a few of these young lads.

Quarter Finals for a team strung together and played a handful of games. Pretty good going in my book and surpassing any recent England performances.
Cavey

5th Aug 12 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agree with Marc there, yes the players get paid a lot, yes a lot of them are arrogant pricks. I couldnt care less tbh.

As I said before the Olympics, we're constantly moaning about players being brought into the England squad who don't have tournament experience, now a few of them do, they played decent football for a lot of it as well, kept the ball well, obviously didn't create much but was better than a lot of England games to watch.
Marc

5th Aug 12 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its started
Steve
Premium Member

5th Aug 12 at 13:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
I don't see the problem. Only a fucking half wit would honestly think GB had any chance of winning a medal in the football.

If anything, I think these games proved that we can sack off a few of the England players and promote a few of these young lads.

Quarter Finals for a team strung together and played a handful of games. Pretty good going in my book and surpassing any recent England performances.

its not so much the fact team gb are a bit rubbish i can live with that, its more the contrast between some of these gold winning athletes that dont even really earn a wage doing what theyre doing, just a bit of lottery funding, some of the big names may get some sponsorship deals, but compared to footballers they are peasants! yet they show so much desire to win, and are actually pretty decent because they arent spoilt! they have to work hard for there funding else it gets pulled, it really hit home the difference in attitude watching the last few days

[Edited on 05-08-2012 by Steve]
Cavey

5th Aug 12 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well done Ben Ainslie, 4th gold, most successful sailing bloke ever

[Edited on 05-08-2012 by Cavey]
Steve
Premium Member

5th Aug 12 at 14:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep
Marc

5th Aug 12 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is going to end in tears.
Steve
Premium Member

5th Aug 12 at 14:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

murray? one set up aint he?
Marc

5th Aug 12 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, still going to end well when Federer stops teasing him.

Hope he wins though.
Nath

5th Aug 12 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cumulatively I mustve seen about 5 minutes of Olympic football. Couldn't care less.
Chrissy
Premium Member

5th Aug 12 at 15:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hope he doesn't choke..

>>>> Chris <<<<

<<  15    16    17    18    19    20    21  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Olympics 2012 24 database queries in 0.0162170 seconds