corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » ps2

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ps2
neiliosxi

User status: Offline
   29th Apr 03 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a ps2 and want to run it in my car. I know i need an invertor to change 12v to 230v or whatever it is.
Do i need a headunit with a screen or can i buy a screen by itself and plug it into the fag lighter?
Is there anything else i need?
Cheers
Richie

29th Apr 03 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can buy roof mounted or dash mounted screens that plug into a 12v power source but they can be expensive for a good quality screen. A headunit with a screen would be an easier and tidier way to go though.
corb

29th Apr 03 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you no longer need a power invertor for in car PS2. You can get a thing that goes inside the PS2 and lets it run 12v. Buy new Max Power, its in there.
Richie

29th Apr 03 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can be found here http://www.mobiletoys.co.uk/acatalog/Mobiletoys_DVD___Video_Players___Accessories_67.html its £68, i also reccomend if you havent opened a PS2 before or you dont have some knowledge beforehand that you DO NOT attempt it lol first PS2 i took apart i blew it up, now i can strip one and rebuild it and it'll be fine
shawboy

30th Apr 03 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hiya mate, thought these pictures might help?

in total i paid £330 for the tv, inverter and a power battery thats under the passenger seat.
my advice is dont get a shit inverter otherwise it will fuck your ps2 up.
total cost including ps2 (bought when first came out) is £630 and its the my best mod by far.
Cavey

30th Apr 03 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a lot of power changer things in this month's Max Power, and there's a guide how to change the power, should help ya, P.175, it's one of the worx things, and guides you through everything. also in the ICE section in there is a PS2 Converter from www.bigcattech.co.uk for £68

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » ps2 23 database queries in 0.0099542 seconds