corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Retrimming interior

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Retrimming interior
vince93

User status: Offline
15th Jul 12 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any guys taken there roof lining out? i need to know how to get it out without bending it or breaking anything as im goin to retrim it soon..

also any pics of retrimmed corsa b's.. pile them on

taaa
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

15th Jul 12 at 20:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Comes out the boot without bending, easier if two of you, one inside feeding it out to someone at boot.

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

15th Jul 12 at 20:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine...

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
vince93

15th Jul 12 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers man.. looks mint, how does it come out??
JaffaTB

15th Jul 12 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take all the interior pillar covers out, the rear ones need the boot plastics removing first, the interior light needs popping out too and the grab handle if you have one, then the 3 push in studs at the back under where the aerial is, then it just falls out
vince93

15th Jul 12 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

magic.. cheers jaffaTB-

should give it ago after payday
karisma_corsa

17th Jul 12 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1 tip DON'T use spray glue.
vince93

17th Jul 12 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and instead you would use......
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

17th Jul 12 at 20:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brush on contact adhesive, much stronger.

oba-corsa
Premium Member

17th Jul 12 at 20:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tutorial on retrimming roof lining anyone? options?
Paul W
Premium Member

17th Jul 12 at 20:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here's a pic of mine when i had just fitted it

Cream leather to match the seats/dash etc. Used heat resistant spray adhesive.

The way i did it (and i'm no expert, but this is just how i did mine) was lay the material over the headlining and trim edges to necessary size/fitment leaving a small amount to fold over. Then fold in half and apply adhesive to both surfaces as per instructions (alternating lines and allowing to go tacky) then fold material back over being careful to place it properly and start smoothing out applying pressure from the centre to the edges. Then repeat the process for the other side. Flip it over and trim/glue the edges of material over the edges of the headliner. Sorted. I'd advise having someone help you as maneuvering that amount of material to where it needs to be glued can be quite tricky.

Rio Verde Bagged More Door Project
karisma_corsa

17th Jul 12 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul w has it pretty much correct. Only ever use high temp contact adhesive in brush on form. I personally glue from one end to the other usually sunvisor end to the rear. This is so any wrinkles from the sunvisor end can 'disappear' as you work towards the flatter areas. I also glue in sections of about 6-8 inches so that i can take my time and get it perfect.

Headliners are easy but they can be hard. I've done a fair few and have experienced problems along the way. I usually like to leave mine at least a day after finishing to make sure all adhesives have fully cured.

There's no fancy tools for headliners. Best tools are your hands, get a feel for the material your using and you should be fine.

Sorry for the essay. Hope that helps

Jambo

17th Jul 12 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul

Haimsey
Premium Member

17th Jul 12 at 21:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Daniels old one

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Jambo

18th Jul 12 at 08:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks nice that, really changes the feel of the interior.
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

18th Jul 12 at 08:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha that was an interesting evening, fitting in the rain with your GF in the back!

Haimsey
Premium Member

18th Jul 12 at 13:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was a bloody long drive too !

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Jambo

18th Jul 12 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel_Corsa
Haha that was an interesting evening, fitting in the rain with your GF in the back!

karisma_corsa

18th Jul 12 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What material is that dan? Looks to be black suede but I'm wondering exactly what it is. Alcantara? Eco suede? Dunhelm nu suede?
karisma_corsa

18th Jul 12 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not a headliner but here's a speedo surround I just trimmed for a 206

Mk3 golf gti headlining trimmed in black Eco suede

[Edited on 18-07-2012 by karisma_corsa]
Paul W
Premium Member

20th Jul 12 at 17:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That speedo surround looks pretty boss. Do you do a lot of stuff? Tempted to get my sunvisors trimmed up at some point when i pick up some black ones.

karisma_corsa

20th Jul 12 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the comment on the speedo surround its my first one. I do it all in my spare time and I'm self taught. I usually have someone's interior in my house or I'm sat down at the sewing machine learning something new. Can definitely look at doing some sun visors. I tried doing a corsa one and here is the result

It's my first one and I wouldn't sell it as its not good enough. Learning to do steering wheels in the near future too.

Cheers
Sean
Jambo

20th Jul 12 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks great Sean. Always been tempted to get into that myself
Paul W
Premium Member

20th Jul 12 at 20:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does look good. Would the vectra ones be much different with the mirror and lights in? I'd love to do it too but i think i probably don't have enough patience lol. Props to you for going at it for yourself though and teaching yourself.

karisma_corsa

20th Jul 12 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the comments guys!

That visor I trimmed had a mirror in but the original visor was heat formed I think so it had a perfect edge around the mirror, something I couldn't achieve with the suede.

If I knew exactly which visors you have then I could always go to the scrappy to inspect it before you committed to me doing yours for example.

[Edited on 20-07-2012 by karisma_corsa]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Retrimming interior 23 database queries in 0.1917942 seconds